A Dinner

Confused

Mark drove Chaeyoung home. Yes, he had no idea why he is doing this. He could have just left her there, he holds no responsibility to drive her home anyway. He just happened to search for her without any reasons and had no idea what to do next that's why he dragged her out. 

"Wow. Thank you so much for driving me home. I really appreciate the drive and probably ANOTHER DETENTION tomorrow for not finishing my work just now." Chaeyoung rolled her eyes as she went out of the car. Mark silently followed her into the house as he felt guilty. They were not greeted by the maids as it's already past 5 in the evening.

"Well, Mister Kim did ask me to drive you home." He scratched the back of his neck. Chaeyoung turned to face Mark. 

"Don't anymore. What if people see us?" 

"So what?" He raised his brows.

"That's a nightmare."

"Hah. You have no idea how lucky you're to have me to drive you home." Mark bragged.

"Very funny Mark. Don't be so full of yourself." Chaeyoung then walked away from him.

"Your room is on the right side." Mark pointed out to her as she was about to open the room on the left side, which was his room. Feeling embarrassed, Chaeyoung turned to him and awkwardly smile. 

"I wouldn't mind if you wanna sleep with me tho." Mark smirked.

"Oh shut up." She then went into her room.

 


Chaeyoung's POV

It's already 7 p.m in the evening and my stomach is growling so bad. I can really eat a cow right now. Does this guy doesn't eat dinner or did he ate without me? Should I cook dinner by myself? Should I ask him about dinner? Should I just go out? Aghhhh. 

*ring* My phone rang. It was Min. I picked the call up immediately. 

"Min!" I am so happy that she called me.

"Whoa girl, you'd never been so excited for my calls before. " 

"Let's go out! I'm dying from hunger right now. It's on me tonight!"

"Nah uh girl. I have no time for that. I have dance lessons tonight."

"Then why did you called?" My tone was low. Feeling disappointed. 

"Hahaha! I called to remind you to do your homework and let me copy it tomorrow morning." Min laughed.

"I'm hanging up."

"Hahaha just go eat with your hubby!" I shivered when she said, hubby. Like ew.

"Bye." I hung up and got up. I changed my clothes and decides to just have a lone dinner outside.

I grabbed the doorknob and opened the door. 

"Let's go." 

I jumped a little when I heard that. Not expecting him there. With my eyes wide open and a puzzled face, I stand there looking at him.

Mark sighed. 

"Let's head out and have dinner, my princess." He gave me his hand while I coughed and choked on my saliva upon hearing that. Mark pulled me closer to him and pat me on the back. He was so close to me. And I felt the heat again. 

"Feeling better now?" He asked. 

 


Mark's POV 

HAHA. I mentally laughed at how I shocked her. Our rooms are not really soundproof, remember? I heard her whining about being hungry, couldn't careless, I feel the need to take care of her. She's the precious daughter of someone, after all. I don't want to take the blame for starving her. I usually don't eat dinner unless I feel hungry, or an exception like today.

We hit the road, by walking. There's a street just across our neighborhood that has almost everything you need for food. Perfect.

"Is there rice cake?" Chaeyoung starts talking.

"Oh no, ramen is better." 

"Or maybe, Kimchi soup?" 

"Beef? Chicken?"  She was talking all by herself before I could even say anything. I look at her while she kept on giving suggestion on our way. If you picture this scene, you might think that we're on a sweet night date. But no.

"Hey stop.I get it. I get that you can now eat everything." 

"Ahaha..." She smiled shyly. Is she not talking back to me this time? 

"Aigoo." I smiled at her and ruffled her hair softly. Did I just do that? 

In the end, we went to a Korean barbecue restaurant. Chaeyoung was silent the whole time while we're waiting for our food. FYI, she did order a lot. A lifeless Chaeyoung was sitting across me. I was staring at her but she was looking down. I couldn't help but secretly smile a little. Now I know that this girl is nothing without food. She's just simply a hungry puppy. After like a million year to her, our foods finally arrived giving a slight lift to Chaeyoung's eyes. I grilled the meat and gave it to her, just like that continuously. 

"This-is-so-good." Chaeyoung said while still chewing on the meats in . 

"The meat I grilled, of course." I gave her a cocky reply and she rolled her eyes at me. Now she's back to herself again. I wasn't eating at all, feeding her makes me feel full enough. Strange but I really felt full seeing her eating so well.  

"Ahhh," Chaeyoung suddenly pushed the meats she wrapped with sangchu into my mouth and smiled. I was happy for her warm action, that she actually remembered me.

Well, not until I feel my tongue burning.

I choked, I coughed. 

This girl had added a lot of capsaicin into the wrap. 

"HAHAHA!" her laughter filled my ears. I had mixed feelings.

One second I feel like getting mad at her. Another second I felt happy that she is laughing, because of me.

"Are you okay?" She handed me the water while still laughing in tears and there's me coughing hard.

Oh Lord, is this what I deserved for being nice to her? 

Our dinner then goes on with her non-stop teasing and our on-going bickering.

Cold was the night, but definitely not my heart.  

 


A/N: A short update 😬 Thanks for reading my story everyone! 😭