Weekend Habits

Hormones' Hoax
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What did you do to her?” Dahyun inquired to Mina.

 

They got back to their seats after that sensible talk. Chaeyoung was anything but lively after that. She was just staring blankly at nothing, her face was the shade of red, however.

 

“We just had a talk.” Mina said while flipping the pages of the book she picked out randomly.

 

“You didn’t ually harass her, like this creature” Dahyun pointed at Sana who was clinging on her arm like a tarsier, “did to me, did you?”

 

“I told you, Dahyun, we just had a heart to heart talk.” Mina smiled wholeheartedly.

 

“I mean, look at her, she’s not even blinking.” Dahyun waved her hand in front of Chaeyoung’s eyes but was still unresponsive.

 

“You don’t think she’s dead, right?” Sana asked with a concerned look in her eyes. Dahyun glared at Mina.

 

“If I don’t get that dozen of chocopie, I’ll hold you responsible.”

 

“I’ll buy you three dozens.” Mina looked up from her book to give Dahyun a reassuring smile.

 

Dahyun studied her for a moment, trying to determine if what she said was all bluff. But grinned after realizing Mina wasn’t really the type to joke around. She turned to Chaeyoung and patted her back a little bit too hard, knocking the latter off her trance and making her groan in pain.

 

“I don’t care if she you or something, but I like her! She has my blessing! With the power vested in me as Son Chaeyoung’s best friend, I, Kim Dahyun, give Myoui Mina my utmost approval to all the deeds she desire to take action to Son Chaeyoung, whether moral or immoral. Case closed.” Dahyun stretched out her arm for a handshake that was happily returned by Mina.

 

“Please don’t listen to her, she’s not normal.” Mina chuckled at Chaeyoung’s remark.

 

 

It’s Friday night, a supposed to be night to celebrate the coming of the weekend. Dahyun was happily ravishing the chocopie Mina promised to buy her while Chaeyoung was pacing back and forth. One of the two heads was obviously enjoying the TGIF spirit. They were in Chaeyoung’s room, their usual hangout place.

 

“Stop pacing. You’re making me dizzy.” Dahyun spoke after finishing the first dozen.

 

Chaeyoung stopped and stared at her friend with a hesitant look. She shook her head after seeing Dahyun burp with traces of chocolate still evident on the sides of , and sat down on the edge of her bed, looking all troubled and indecisive.

 

“Would you want me to take a guess on what’s troubling you? Oh, wait; pardon me, on who’s troubling you?” Dahyun said while wiping the stains on using Chaeyoung’s blanket.

 

“What would you say if someone says ‘I like you the most’?” The occupant of the room mumbled.

 

“Funnily, someone did once tell me that, just two summers ago.” Dahyun replied after putting back the blanket on its original place.

 

“What did you say after?” Chaeng was unaware of Dahyun’s sneaky actions.

 

“I said, ‘I know, right?’” She replied while checking her teeth on the mirror for some chocolate smudge.

 

“And she accepted that?”

 

“She didn’t have a choice, actually, she couldn’t even respond. Something was stuck in .” Dahyun said without a care in the world.

 

“What?” Chaeng was a tad bit curious.

 

“My tongue.”  Dahyun retorted with a blank face.

 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. She should’ve known Dahyun was going to be of little help.

 

“Okay, don’t judge me. That really happened!” Dahyun raised her hands in defense, “And I don’t even get you. She, I’ll pretend that it’s not Mina that we’re talking about here, told you she likes you. It’s not even a question, so why would you think you need to answer?”

 

“Isn’t that what you’re supposed to do under that circumstance?” Chaeyoung knitted her eyebrows.

 

“Not unless you’re ready to have some commitment. Are you?” Dahyun’s reply made her think, “The problem with you, my dear friend, is that you overthink even the simplest of stuff. Let loose.”

 

Chaeyoung hates to admit it but Dahyun was right. She can either be of little help or a major clutch to Chaeyoung’s predicaments, there is no in between. She did agree to herself (and to the penguin plushie) that her further actions would be getting to know Mina before anything else deeper.

 

“Okay. And by the way, change the blanket, will you?”

 

 

It was a fine Saturday morning. The sun was yet to rise when Chaeyoung woke up to her alarm. Despite the noisiness of the clock, Dahyun was unyielding. The girl loves sleep just a smidge more than chocolate. Between the two best buds, Chaeyoung was the physically fit one and she owes it to these early Saturday morning jogs.  It has become a good habit of hers to jog around the neighborhood and watch the sun rise on the process. It was not only healthy to the body but also to the mind; the tranquility of the environment during dawn calms the busiest minds, or so in Chaeyoung’s case, the confusion and clutter of her own self. This day’s jog was not out of habit anymore; she is in dire need of a fresh Saturday morning jog to try and compose herself. She went out wearing her favorite sweater with a clean white shirt underneath and an above the knee speedo. After putting on her earphones and turning the music on up to the highest volume, she was good to go.

 

Chaeyoung got to the nearest park and was catching her breath, nobody told her to run wild like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter