A Penguin

Hormones' Hoax
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was this day of the week that Dahyun looked forward the most. Gym class, as the majority would call it, but Kim Dahyun calls it the ‘Eye Candy’ day. Male and females had separate schedule, and Dahyun couldn’t thank the school administration more for the plausible decision.  There was no stopping her from mingling with her female classmates. Certainly, it was a day where girls wear PE shorts and comfortable plain, white t-shirts; a day Dahyun lives her life to the fullest.

 

“You’re disgusting. Just how much of a ert can you be?” Chaeyoung grimaced at Dahyun who was straight up happy at the paradise she’s in.

 

“Well, excuse me for appreciating the beauty of creation. How can you not- OMFf!” Dahyun fell backwards. Sana jumped at her, giving Dahyun a power hug.

 

“I missed you.” Sana said while kissing Dahyun’s cheek.

 

“Ack-! Okay. Now, get off!” Dahyun was no match for Sana’s strength. They ended up wrestling for dominance on the gym floor with Sana on top.

 

“Ah, I get your point now, Dubu.” Chaeyoung said and walked away chuckling at her best friend’s dilemma.

 

“Hey! Hey! Ya! Son Chaeyoung! Where’re you going?! Chaeyoung, help me out!” Dahyun’s cry for aid was ignored by Chaeng who only sat on the bench, enjoying the view of Dahyun struggling like a caterpillar.

 

Their gym teacher arrived a few minutes after. Sana straightened herself out, leaving a flustered Dahyun panting on the floor.

 

“I’d appreciate it if you don’t make yourself too comfy here, Miss Kim. This is not your house.” Their teacher, Park Jihyo, warned.

 

“But there’s a saying that gym class can be considered like your second home, though.” Dahyun sarcastically said while standing up and wiping some imaginary dust off her shorts. Miss Jihyo shot up her eyebrows.

 

“I’m kidding... BUT DIDN’T ANYBODY SEE I WAS JUST HARASSED?” She pointed out the somehow ignored recent scenario that happened to her.

 

“Miss Kim… Would you want to have another visit to the Dean’s office?” This teacher never cherished any of Dahyun’s comedic approach.

 

Too uptight, Dahyun would always think.

 

“No, I’m good. People might think the dean and I are related if I visit her too often, and we do not look alike which would only arouse confusion.” She signaled an A-Ok to the poker-faced teacher who was shaking her head.

 

“Okay, girls, you will be divided into two groups. Today’s activity would be proper serving and receiving in volleyball.” A few seemed enthused while the rest groaned from disapproval.

 

Chaeyoung and Dahyun were on the same team while Sana was on the other, and Mina, well, she’s on the bench. She has the privilege of not taking gym class because of her being a ballet prodigy, in which the school made use of. So instead, she sat there admiring the masterpiece of an art also fondly called as Son Chaeyoung. The clean, white, v-necked t-shirt was not of any help to Mina’s not so moral imagination. For a short girl, Chaeyoung’s shoulders were broad. And Mina’s been dying to grab a hold of those and trace the collarbones with her fingertips. Chaeyoung creased the sleeves of her shirt upwards, revealing her well-toned biceps. It made Mina gulp. Damn, Chaeng. Just how much can you ?

 

Her salivary glands were failing her, as to Mina was so close to drooling over a panting, dehydrated, and sweaty Chaeyoung that was occasionally her plump red lips. Every time she flexes her arms and unintentionally emphasizing her arousing biceps, whether to serve or to receive the ball, Mina lets out a whimper while biting her bottom lip. Not caring if Chaeyoung catches her, she took several photos of the girl on her phone and even recorded a video of Chaeyoung wiping her face with her shirt, giving Mina access for a glimpse of her abdomen. Gym was never this entertaining for Myoui Mina.

 

“Mina’s been ogling at you for the last 37 minutes and 42 seconds.” Dahyun said after receiving a ball poorly.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?”

 

“What? You actually believed that I was timing her gawking at you? I have better things to do than that, Chaeng. How come people say you’re the smart one between the two of us?” Dahyun barely evaded the ball that she was supposed to receive.

 

“Miss Kim! Miss Son! Concentrate!” Park Jihyo yelled, her voice filling the gymnasium.

 

“We’re strategizing an indecipherable approach to successfully take over mankind, Ma’am!” Dahyun yelled back while serving a ball incorrectly. Jihyo raised an index finger and glared at Dahyun; it was her last warning.

 

“Could you be a normal human being just this once? You’re gonna get us in trouble.” Chaeyoung hissed. Dahyun just shrugged.

 

“I will, if you wave hi at Mina.”

 

Chaeyoung gritted her teeth but complied at what Dahyun wishes her to do. She’s scared of Miss Jihyo; she reminds her of a cartoon character that has big eyes that creeped the hell out of her. She waved at Mina awkwardly and was quickly responded with finger hearts by the latter.

 

“Happy now?” Chaeyoung asked after receiving a ball with ease.

 

“You call that a wave?”Dahyun scoffed, “I’ll show you the proper way to do it.”

 

Dahyun scanned the premises and found SinB looking at her expectantly. She waved charmingly and winked when the girl waved back. Dahyun likes to think she can sweep any girl off her feet with her suaveness.

 

“That’s how you do i-!” The incoming ball hit Dahyun hard on her cheek, making her yelp in pain.

 

“Oops, sorry!” Sana shouted from the other end, an annoyed look on her face.

 

 

(Cafeteria)

 

A myriad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter