The Audition

Idol's Rivalry

Your POV

We were walking towards the counter but before we reached there, Mi Hi and Cho Mee both said

 

“OH MY GOD, this place is sooo cool!!”

 

And when I looked at them, Mi Hi took out her cell phone while Cho Mee took out her camera and they took the picture at the same time at every angle of the building.

 

* SNAP *

* SNAP *

* SNAP *

* SNAP *

* SNAP *

 

“Aish, this sound is getting annoying. Why do I have friends like this?” I thought to myslf in desperation.

 

I couldn’t take it anymore so I said “YAH! The audition, REMEMBER??”

 

“Oh, mianhe” They said and put back their cameras

“Sigh never mind, let’s go register”

 

When we reached the counter, we saw a cute guy but I was too impatient to care. I told him

 

“Um, we’re here for the audition” both Mi Hi and Cho Mee nodded their heads behind me

“Okays, can you please write down your name, age and which type of the audition you’re going for.” I didn’t understand the last part so I asked Mi Hi

“Mi Hi, there are types of audition?”

“I also didn’t know, what about you Cho Mee?”

“I didn’t know either unnie”

 

After looking at our blank faces the guy chuckled and said “There are acting, singing and dancing. If you want to be an actor choose the acting category but if you want to be an idol and be in a girl or boy band group, you should choose singing and dancing. If you’re choosing the second option, I suggest you try out acting too since it will increase your chances of getting in.”

 

After what he said I considered my decision and discussed with Mi Hi and Cho Mee. And we all decided to take option 3, all of the categories

 

We sat in the waiting room with the other people trying out for the audition. And I can’t believe it, almost 90% of the people in the room is wearing thick make up. And by thick I mean really THICK that it scares me. ( Here a pic: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l971scjPTv1qb675eo1_500.jpg )

 

I shuddered as I looked at them again, they should just put light make up I thought. Natural look is best for giving a good impression (A/N: To all those thick make up lovers. SORRY >.<)

 

Then I heard my name in the speaker “Number 78, Moon Eun Mi. I repeat, number 78 Moon Eun Mi”

 

“Okay it’s my turn.”

“Eun Mi!”

“Eun Mi unnie!”

 

I looked back at them. They mouthed ‘HWAITING’ to me and gave me a thumbs up sign, they mouthed the words because they’re not suppose to make noise in the room. I felt less nervous and gave them the thumbs up sign too. I walked towards the door and took a big breath before I went in.

 

I saw 4 judges and 1 chair, and the room… the room is huge O.O I bet it’s bigger than my house ( Yea I know what you all are thinking, I’m poor. )

 

I said “Anneyeong, I’m Moon Eun Mi and I’m here for the audition.”

 

The woman judge said “You have a nice name, I see from here * looks at paper * that you’re trying out for all of the 3 categories am I right?”

“Thanks you and yes that is right.” I tried to keep a calm face but inside I felt like fainting. And I heard the woman whispered to another judge

“I’m glad this one doesn’t have much make up, this way we can see her true face.”

 

She wasn’t intending on letting me hear but I heard it, I’m really glad I went for the natural look XD

 

“Okay Eun Mi-sshi, could you please sit on that chair while we ask you some questions?”

“Sure” and I sat down

 

They asked me about my background and my hobbies etc… and after that was done the straight faced male judge said

 

“Okay we will like you sing a song for us now, what song do you wish to sing?”

“I would like to sing SHINee’s stand by me please.”

“Oh and why do you choose this song?”

“This is my favorite  song and the lyrics mean a lot to me.”

“Okay you may start singing.”

 

link to song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkTkm_Eh6J4 (A/N: This is one of my fav songs XD)

 

After I was done I saw that the judges mouth were hanging open.(A/N: too exaggerated?)

 

“Um are you all okay? I know my singing is not really awesome, but I didn’t know it was that bad…”

 

Then one of the judges snapped back to reality and said “Nono, we were just shock. Your voice is just like SHINee’s voice except the pitch was higher making it sound like a female’s voice”

 

Oh so that was it, phew I thought I was done for.

 

“My friends also told me that but I didn’t believe it was true, I just made my voice match with the song.” I stared at them not knowing what else to say

“Wow that must be your talent young lady” an old man judge said

 

Then another judge said “Okay that aside, please show us your dancing abilities, we will give you some music. You can put whatever type of dance moves you want.”

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG5YbdO1cvY  (A/N: GO KEY!!! I love this vid :D and want eun mi to dance like this too XD)

 

“You’re also very flexible good good” I was happy because all the judges had smiles on their face and their also nodding their heads, hope that I’ll be able pass.

“Okay why don’t you try acting. Hmm… a sad scene, here’s the script.” And he passed me the paper. Oh no… now I’m nervous like hell, I’m not confident with my acting. I only acted when I was like 12? I acted as a tree…

 

Conscience: “Are you stupid? That is just standing, there’s not even an ounce of acting in there =.=”

Me: “I know that!! That’s why I’m nervous!! Stop making me more nervous!!”

“Um Eun Mi-sshi are you okay? You will have 10 mins to memorize the lines.”

“Okay. I’m fine thanks…”

 

I looked at the script, I’m glad it was just a small scene. I can easily memorize everything but what about my acting? It’s a sad scene so there should be tears right? So common sense is to remember a sad experience and get my tears out, a sad scene…

 

Then I suddenly remembered what happened between me and Dong Min. NO! I refuse to remember it, another scene another scene… then it came, I saw my parents but I can’t see their faces because it was too dark that night they said to the younger me “Eun Mi, umma and appa will be leaving. Stay here and be good okay?” and the woman patted my head. The woman turned to oppa who was beside me “You must take good care of your dongsaeng okay?” oppa nodded his head and said “I will umma.”

 

Then the woman turned to talked to a person, that person was probably young sun ahjumma. She was in charge of the orphanage I stayed in. After her talk was over umma was leaving, I didn’t know what was happening as I was very young and so I asked umma “umma where are you going? And who is the lady over there?” pointing to young sun ahjumma. She turned to me and said “She is young sun ahjumma and she will be taking care of you from now on, umma will be going to a very far place and won’t be able to see you anymore” Even I realized what that meant and said “umma don’t leave sniff… eun mi wants umma by her side.” I started crying but umma didn’t care and left, I ran after her but fell a lot of times and at the end lost her.

 

“Eun Mi-sshi are you ready? Your 10m mins is up.”

“Yes”

 

I did my best and remembered those painful memories. After everything was done, I wiped the tears I shed and looked at the judges

 

“That was good acting Eun Mi-sshi. Okay we’re done now, if you’re accepted we will inform you by your cell phone next week”

“Thank you for today” I said with a 90 degree bow

 

As I left, I sigh in relief “Im glad that was over”

 

“Eun Mi!!” I heard Mi Hi shouted my name and I turned to face her

Before I could reply she said “Why did you take so long? Was it okay?”

“It was okay I guess, ahh~ I wish I could pass. So how was yours?”

“Mine was fine too” and she gave me a peace sign

“Where is Cho Mee? Did she do fine too?” I asked

“Yeap hers was fine too. She already went home cause she has a curfew.”

“Oh, hope we all pass”

“Yea, let’s hope so”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EXTRA: In Eun Mi's world

You're done stepping on Dong Min, now you're kicking him like a football.

* KICK KICK KICK *

* SHOOTS *

"GOAL!!!" you shouted after shooting dong min into the goal

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N: Wow so far this chapter is the longest :D ps for the flashback part, guess it was abit too long. Please no silent readers please D: no comment and subs make me sad T.T)