❝vi❞

Withstand the Feeling
Please log in to read the full chapter
C H A P T E R  V I  -  W I T H S T A N D  T H E  F E E L I NG

 

“Chan, get some rest. You’ve been walking for more than an hour today” Seungcheol told. Chan beamed letting a relieved sigh. He ran inside the kitchen and sat on an empty seat.

He looked around observing whether one of the boys are around watching him. He took the opportunity to take his phone out and take a glimpse on his wallpaper. He smiled seeing the shot he accidentally shot from Heeyoung without her noticing. His cheeks are burning up, his insides are jumping up and down upon seeing Heeyoung.

‘Calm down Lee Chan. You’re reacting like this even Heeyoung isn’t around’ he thought mentally slapping himself.

“So the name’s Heeyoung” he placed his phone under the table hearing Jisoo’s voice.

He looked beside seeing Jisoo taking a seat across him. Chan tilted his head looking at him in curiosity. “H-how did you know her name h-hyung?” he asked stutteringly blinking non-stop.

“Wonwoo told us yesterday” Jisoo answered. “So… how’s the date?” he asked. “We didn’t date hyung. I just tour her around Seoul” Chan answered with a frown. “Hmm… that means you’re not in a relationship” Jisoo mumbled with a slow nod.

“Do you plan to be her boyfriend?” Chan turned back hearing Jihoon and sat beside Jisoo, eyes intently looking at him. “I don’t think she considers me to be her boyfriend” Chan answered with a chuckle looking down. “Oh? So you do like the girl eh? Why don’t you give it a shot Chan? Maybe she feels the same way as you” Jihoon suggested with a shrug.

“Maybe...” Chan mumbled and smiled weakly.

“What are you talking about guys?” they heard someone coming making them looked at the guy and saw Mingyu flashing his canine teeth. “About Lee Chan and his love interest” the two answered in unison. “Interesting… I’ll join in” Mingyu hummed and sat beside Chan excitedly.

“Ya-yah! Mingyu hyung go back to work! All of you guys go back to work! Seungcheol hyung might scold the three of you” Chan told pushing the three away from him.

“Seungcheol hyung wouldn’t mind” Mingyu answered and shrugged.

“We’re many. The others can take care of it” Jisoo answered with a nod.

“Besides, we’re tired. We’ve been working the whole day” Jihoon lazily hummed.

“What’s the meaning of this?” the other boys chorused seeing the four and approached them in curiosity. Chan groaned and facepalmed. ‘Really? What’s with them? It’s like the topic worth listening. Aish!’ he screamed inside and buried his head hearing the three’s response.

“Hmm… why isn’t she replying back?”

~ Are you free today? ~

Chan stared at his phone curiously looking at the previous messages he and Heeyoung has been sending. It’s been a week and Heeyoung hasn’t been replying yet. He tried to call her several times only to hear the reception unavailable.

“Aish! What happened to you Lee Heeyoung?” he threw his phone on the bed in frustration.

Did something bad happened to her? Tons of dangerous scenarios runs inside his head. What if a burglar barged in and killed her? What if a stalker sneaks in and her? What if someone came in who hates Heeyoung and killed her out of anger? What if… she killed herself? What should he do? It creeps him out. It shivers him. It scares him. It frustrates him. It shakes him out.

He screamed in terror running out from his room and left, heading to Heeyoung’s house running as fast as he can. ‘Please be okay, please be okay Heeyoung’ he hopped inside the bus sitting at the nearest seat, he didn’t stop calling her.

~The person cannot be reached. Please try again later~

“Pick up the call Heeyoung, pick up the call” he mumbled calling Heeyoung on the second try. He mentally cursed gritting his teeth in annoyance hearing the same response on Heeyoung’s reception.

The bus stopped five minutes away from Heeyoung’s res

Please log in to read the full chapter