Chapter One: Jongin

The Moon That Breaks The Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sweat drips down the side of his face and mixes with his blood as he runs. The surrounding tree branches seem to purposefully reach out and tear at his clothes and skin. He raises his hands in front of his face in a veiled attempt to protect it, although the branches still claw at his body. 

He glances behind him to see if he’s still there when suddenly something large and hard slams into his head, knocking him onto his back. He attempts to stand up look around, but his vision is blurred by the blow and he can’t seem to shake the dizziness flowing through him. He shakes his head again, hoping it will ease the blur as he crawls backwards from whatever it is that hit him.

He doesn’t get far back however, as something-someone is suddenly grasping onto his ankle and pulling him forward again. When he looks up, his vision begins to focus on the large figure standing above him. His hair is a sterling silver, glimmering in the moonlight. His face is bloodstained and Jongin can see his fangs through his signature devilish smile. Jongin watches, helplessly, as Kai raises his hand, already bloodied and plunges it into Jongin’s chest. Jongin gasps for air as Kai’s hand tightens around his heart. Kai uses his free hand to gently brush away some of Jongin’s dark hair out of his face. “For my brother. Goodnight Jongin.”

Jongin’s body shoots up as he awakes from his nightmare. His chest feels tight and he has to fight to catch his breath. His bed is drenched in sweat as well as his skin, uncomfortably so. He looks around his bedroom, checking to see if anything is out of order. Everything seems fine. All the candles strewn about the room are all still lit, his clothes are still covering most of the floor and as far as he cant all of his belongings are still in the same place he left them. Jongin turns to his left and begins to shake Chanyeol awake. “I need the key.” He whispers.

“Why?” Chanyeol groggily questions as he rolls onto his back.

“I had a dream. Kai found it, he killed me.”

Chanyeol groans and rolls his eyes. Nevertheless, he sits up and lifts the chain around his neck over his head. Jongin takes the chain into his hands, the moment the th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter