Who do you think you are?

Always

[Momo's POV]

I take in a deep breath and slowly walk up the stairs one by one. If she rejects me, then she rejects me. I’m about to knock on the door when I hear sobbing coming from inside the apartment. Then I hear her. I hear her cry for someone to stop. My body tenses and I push the door open, forcing it to slam against the wall.

“STOP RIGHT NOW!” I yell as loudly as I can. I step further into her apartment and see him. See the man on top of her. The man holding her down. My blood boils and all I seem to see is red.

The man stands as I stare him down. He steps backwards and I rush forward. My fist meets his face and he crashes to the ground. He may be taller than me, but he’s definitely not stronger. My fist meets his face again and again. I grab his collar and throw him across the room. He crashes hard against the wall and items fall clattering to the ground. Glass is everywhere, but I don’t give a damn.

“I-I work with Mina,” the man stammers as he crawls across the ground.

I glance over at Mina whose curled up in the fetal position and shaking.

“I’m just here for some tea.”

I hear him, but don’t care. I kick him hard and his head snaps to the side violently. I pick him up from the ground and grasp the collar of his dress shirt. I push him up against the wall and then start choking him. A fire is burning in me and it won’t die down. All I feel is the need to kill this man. Blood gushes from his nose and his eyes bulge as no air passes through his lungs. My grip tightens.

“PLEASE STOP IT MOMO!”

My body tenses at first, but then my hand around his neck loosens. He gasps for air, but I keep my grip on his collar to keep him from falling. I hear Mina's crying in the background and it brings me back to earth. But I still can’t let this er go. I grab his pointer finger and begin to bend it backwards and when he starts to scream, I clasp my hand over his gaping mouth. I snap his finger fully backwards and he whimpers.

“Look me in the eyes,” I command quietly. He glances at me and then looks away. “I’ll kill you if I ever see you again.” I make sure to speak low so that Mina doesn’t hear.

I lower my hand from his mouth and release his hand. I watch as he slides against the wall and out the door, grasping his now very broken finger.

I try to steady my breathing as I walk towards Mina. I kneel down and see the bruises across her lips and her eye. It pains me to see her like this like no pain I’ve ever experienced before.

“Mina,” I whisper. “Are you okay?”

“Why did you do that?” I look at her curiously. “What if he fires me?”

I’m surprised by her question. “Do you really still want that job? Why put up with ual harassment and him coming into your home like this?”

“Because I need to survive! I have to live.”

“I’ll take care of you. I will!” I blurt out without thinking.

“You’ll get a new job for me? Or you’ll come to rescue me whenever I need it? Who do you think you are?” she asks me in a mocking tone.

“Let me help you.”

“You’re making me more miserable.”

I feel tears well up in my eyes, but I hold them back. I want to wipe the tears from her eyes. I want to embrace her and protect her. I want to be there for her, but all I’m doing is making things worse. I look away from her and around the apartment… that I’ve destroyed. I take in the aftermath of my actions. The aftermath that she’d be dealing with. She’s right.

“Please leave now,” she says no more than a whisper.

I get up without her having to ask me twice. She doesn’t want me here.

Before I leave though, I place the headband onto her dining table. I came here to give her that and I would.

 

 

 

 

-////-

 

 

 

 

[Mina's POV]

As soon as Momo leaves even more tears stream down my face. “This is what I deserve! Isn’t it!” I shout up to the heavens.

I don’t move from that spot on the ground for a whole day. I don’t go into work. I don’t eat. I don’t sleep. I do nothing.

Slowly I ease myself up from the spot on the ground and gingerly walk around my apartment. Things are moved, things are shattered, things are destroyed. It’s like a landmine for me. It’s foreign ground now.

I safely make it to the bathroom and reach into the cabinet. I pull out a flashlight and sit on the edge of the tub. I turn it on and hold it out. I flick it on and off, but nothing changes. I see nothing. I even bring it to my eyes and point it straight at them, flicking it on and off. Still nothing.

This really is what I deserve.


A/N: Please forgive me in this chapter >.<