Fxxk It

It's Complicated [INDEFINITE HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"I think I need some time
But I can’t get you off my mind...
For the first drink
I want the strongest
Please bartender."
-BIGBANG, FXXK IT

 “First off sunbae-nim, you have to look your best at the party to mask that lack of confidence in you.” Seungkwan cheers as he holds out his makeup kit in front of Wonwoo.

 

The older of the two plays with his fingers out of slight anxiety. He hopes he doesn’t trip on his own feet later and embarrass himself. No. Not in front of his ex-husband. He definitely wouldn’t want such thing as that to happen.

 

They were already dressed in their suits, Seungkwan was wearing a plain black suit which he previously used in one of his mock interviews for broadcasting. Wonwoo wore a crisp greyish suit from Gucci; a gift from Jun last year which he never got to wear. He was sure his best friend would be glad to see him wearing it for the first time.

 

“Eyeliner is a must.” Seungkwan picks out his most expensive, slightly used eyeliner from his kit and smiles as he pushes Wonwoo down on the chair in front of Wonwoo’s vanity mirror in his bedroom. “Look up at the ceiling, sunbae-nim.” Seungkwan instructs and Wonwoo does so. Though before Seungkwan could lean down, his head turns to the human sized teddy bear on the queen sized bed at the center of the bedroom.

 

“Seungkwan-ah…” Wonwoo snaps the younger from his current trance. “Is there something wrong?”

 

Seungkwan shook his head and smiled, finally starting to apply a light to dark shade of eyeliner on Wonwoo’s lower lids. “Sunbae-nim, you still haven’t changed the size of your bed. You said you’d change it when I last came here.”

 

The older of the two chokes slightly on his own spit and clears his throat rather loudly, making Seungkwan halt for a moment. “I umm… well, the kids sometimes crawl on my bed when they want to cuddle and Haru as well.” He lamely reasons and Seungkwan nods, although his eyes trail back on the bed for a second.

 

After a few brush here and there, also putting eyeliner on Wonwoo’s upper eyelids, Seungkwan grinned as he let the older male see himself at the mirror. It has been a while since Wonwoo had put on such kind of makeup on his face. Working in a book company doesn’t really require much grooming as he often goes to work with grandfather clothes and bed hair. He smiles as he continues to stare, touching his cheek softly as if to confirm that it’s not a dream.

 

“Looks great, right?” Seungkwan giggled at Wonwoo, seeing as the older was so immersed at what he’s seeing in the mirror.

 

“I couldn’t agree more.” The older of the two smiles.

 

“Let’s go now or we’ll be late, sunbae-nim.”

 

Wonwoo purses his lips at the thought of going. He wishes he just stays at home and admire himself in the mirror but then again, Jun comes to thought and he’s very, very conflicted. Soonyoung and Seokmin already talked him through it and there’s no use arguing about it with Seungkwan as well. He’s already dressed up and the younger had used an expensive brand of makeup on him. He follows Seungkwan out the house and to his car although a bit hesitantly. He’s not a person who would let someone’s effort on him go to waste.

 

Which reminds him…

 

---

 

“Oh.” Wonwoo gasps softly when a pressed flower falls out of his Murakami novel. It was a purple orchid this time. The one before was a dandelion. He could tell they were book pressed already but it stirs a spark in Wonwoo every time he opens one of his novels and finds the flowers. He picks up the flower that fell on the table and glues it on one of the pages of his journal, along with the other flowers that were there. It was the sixth time already, beginning on the first semester of his freshman year at Korea National University.

 

“Wonwoo!” he whips his head where he sees his best friend Jun waving at him frantically for attention. “I have information already about your secret admirer.” Junhui gasps out in harsh breaths as he ran towards Wonwoo.

 

Wonwoo swore his heart did a backflip when he registered what his best friend had said. They have been in search for his secret admirer for a while, even laying out ‘trap books’ to lure the mystery guy but all of their plan failed. Wonwoo hopes that they’d know the guy this time, now that Jun said he had information.

 

“He’s also a freshman but under the Business Department.  The guy’s a year younger but rumors say that he advanced a year of schooling and he passed the entrance exam with only ten wrong answers.” Jun says as soon as he catches his breath and Wonwoo gets overwhelmed at what he hears. “His name’s Kim Mingyu. He’s pretty famous in his department with many boys and girls confessing feelings toward him almost every week. He received the most chocolates on Valentine’s Day and White Day. I’m quite intrigued why he would even get interested with you– ouch!”

 

“Stop. Okay.” Wonwoo pouts, still holding Jun’s ear with his right hand. “Are you sure that’s even true? Someone like that would be interested with someone like me?”

 

Jun nods and holds Wonwoo’s wrist to free his ear from the deathly grip. “Honest. His cute best friend Minghao told me about it. We even set you two up for date this Saturday.”

 

“T-this Saturday?” Wonwoo stutters. He hasn’t even seen the guy. “Do you have a picture of him?”

 

 

Jun hands him a palm sized Polaroid of a guy with light greenish silvery something colored hair–Wonwoo couldn’t decipher. He had his eyes closed and he’s holding a metal soup ladle covering his mouth, looking as if he was tasting something on the ladle. He was also holding a pot lid on his other hand. Wonwoo squinted at Jun. “How am I supposed to know what he looks like with this!?” he complains with a small whine.

 

“Well, it’s the only thing that Minghao has.” Jun reasons and pouts. “But please, please go to the café on Saturday, hm? Minghao told me that it’s his late gift for Mingyu’s birthday and that Minghao would go with me to the amusement park. ing finally–so don’t mess this up!” The Chinese male looked at him with pleading eyes and an excessively protruding pout on his lips, rubbing his hands together.

 

Wonwoo sighs in defeat and flicks Jun’s forehead. “Fill in for my shift in the library tomorrow afternoon and I’ll definitely go.”

 

“Deal, now let’s go to the cafeteria. I’m starved.” Jun pumps his fist in the air and grins triumphantly.

 

The two turned around the hallway to the direction of the university cafeteria and started walking. They didn’t fail to notice the commotion there. Students were gathered in a circle at the center, some men holding back Sohye, one of the most famous girls in the university. In front of her was Minghao with a frown on his face. There was a taller guy behind Minghao, fright evident in his face as Sohye shouts at him.

 

“Don’t hide behind your best friend! Show yourself to me!” Sohye demands. “Yah, Kim Mingyu! Am I not pretty enough, huh!? I even went on a diet for you!”

 

“I d-didn’t ask you to g-go on a diet though.” The tall scared male stuttered to defend himself, shoulder sagging as his grip tightens a bit on Minghao’s sleeve. “Y-you’re pretty b-but… I l-like someone e-else…”

 

Sohye’s eyes widened at this and practically screams like a banshee. “Tell me who that is so people could see for themselves who’s better!”

 

“H-he has a higher GPA than you.” The tall guy whimpers.

 

“HE!?” Sohye screeches and she suddenly has a glare that could kill.

 

Jun whistles quietly beside Wonwoo who’s just watching with curiosity by his side.

 

“Isn’t that Minghao?” Wonwoo meekly points at the other Chinese male in front of them and Jun nods.

 

“That person behind him is Kim Mingyu.” Jun snickers and pats Wonwoo’s back.

 

“Jun, you paired me up with a fettuccine noodle.”

 

“You liked the pressed flowers~”

 

---

 

Wonwoo tosses his car keys for the valet to catch and drive his car to the parking lot. He had a small smile of thanks as he makes his way inside the lobby with Seungkwan, heading straight to the reception’ desk to ask where the Wen’s renewal of vows is to be held. Wonwoo was led to one of the garden sites of the hotel while a staff made Seungkwan head to the Wen’s dressing room for assistance.

 

There were flower arches along the isle and white chairs neatly arranged on either sides. The smell of flowers made Wonwoo smile in delight. It hasn’t started yet but there were already Seokmin, Soonyoung and other seated guests. The Wen couple is nowhere to be seen. However, their son Mingjun was by the first arch, chatting along with Jeongsoo and Wooseung. The boys didn’t fail to notice him, waving happily.

 

“Uncle Wonwoo!” They call out. But before they could even come close to him, Wonwoo let out a small ‘oof’ when he felt little arms wrapping around his leg.

 

Wonwoo looks over his shoulder and down, smiling fondly at his youngest son. “Umma!” Haru has his hair neatly combed, wearing dark brown pants matched with a white shirt, a bow tie and suspenders. Wonwoo knows Mingyu is responsible for styling Haru’s hair but he couldn’t complain. It looks good.

 

“Oh my! Look at this little smurf here, clinging on my leg~” Wonwoo coos and picks up Haru in his arms. “Did you miss Umma?”

 

Haru giggles, nodding before he snuggles on Wonwoo’s chest. “Haru missed Umma so much!” He clings tighter to Wonwoo. “Appa is with hyungs.” Haru pulls away from Wonwoo’s chest a bit and points at the direction where Wonwoo came from.

 

Mingyu was there along with SeokHwee and Jungmin, bowing to everyone they meet. Wonwoo can’t help but stare at his ex-husband, wearing a red suit over a black turtleneck that suits his frame very well.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter