No Witnesses

It's Complicated [INDEFINITE HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"No day, no time
No witnesses, no crime"
-KEATON HENSON, NO WITNESSES

 

“God, he’s so chubby. No wonder why you’re still thin even when you were pregnant.” Jeonghan teases as he cradles a week old Seokhwee in his arms, cooing at the chubby baby boy who’s cutely drooling as he snuggled in Jeonghan’s chest.

 

Wonwoo fights the urge to roll his eyes at the comment. “Hyung, it’s called being fit. I did yoga for pregnant people.”

 

“Which he hated so much, by the way~” Mingyu chimes in, currently packing the bedsheets and pillows he brought for Wonwoo’s stay at the hospital. He’d heal the cuts at home anyways for a whole month before he would be able to work again. With the privilege to work at home as an editor, Wonwoo convinced Mingyu that he could work within the month recovery period. Of course, Mingyu put it his own rules for his husband, albeit shyly since Wonwoo sometimes act like a porcupine when poked.

 

This time, Wonwoo rolls his eyes.

 

Mingyu snickers at his husband and lovingly kisses him on his cheek. “I’ll still love you even if you’re fat, you know.” He whispers lowly, but it was audible enough for Jeonghan to hear.

 

“You two, stop being lovey-dovey at the hospital room.” Jeonghan playfully scolds. “It’s not a freaking hotel and the baby’s in the room as well.” He adds and then makes cute cooing faces at Seokhwee. “Wouldn’t you like that, huh? Seokhwee? Your Appas are being overly sweet and making uncle Hannie jelly bc uncle Cheollie isn’t here.” He complains to the kid even though he knows he wouldn’t be understood.

 

Nonetheless, the chubby baby erupted in small giggles and tries reaching for Jeonghan’s cheeks to pat them.

 

“Your son sympathizes with me.” The long haired male announces with a wide grin. “You love uncle more than Appa, right? Right?”

 

“—actually, hyung,” Wonwoo starts softly. “I kind of want him to call me Umma.”

 

Both Mingyu and Jeonghan looked at the male situated on the bed. Their glances a bit wary as they stared. “Why the sudden choice?” Jeonghan asked. “I mean, don’t get me wrong since Seunghan calls me Mom. It’s just that back when you were only three months pregnant, you were pretty much insistent you don’t want to be the ‘girl’ or something along those lines.” He explains.

 

“Well, I just find it cute…” Wonwoo looks down and Mingyu snickers, about to tease his wife about the sudden shyness, but Jeonghan gave him a look that made him stop. The fox eyed man’s ears were red on their tips and he kept his head down for a few seconds before bringing his head back up with a newfound determination. Of course, that’s Wonwoo we’re talking about. “It’s pretty much endearing and cute. No dictionary ever said it is ‘exclusively’ for women nor is it a rule to use it only for those who has s—“

 

“My god, Wonwoo, we have a baby in the room!”

 

“s, s, s, he wouldn’t know what it is at this age. He can’t even talk.” Wonwoo countered before he continued. “I searched the internet and made sure to avoid toxic reddit and tumblr. There’s also Oxford dictionary for reference.”

 

Mingyu and Jeonghan couldn’t help but stare at the man with disbelief. As expected, Wonwoo does his research extensively, but what they didn’t expect the male to research about such stuff.

 

Really though, Wonwoo wouldn’t have exploded if not for their incessant questions and looks of teasing.

 

“I want to be called Umma by my children and that’s final.”

 

“Wonwoo you said children.” His tall husband’s eyes gleamed with brightness, Wonwoo could almost see the galaxy. “Does that mean you—“

 

“Kim Mingyu, shut the up!”

 

“There’s a baby in the room, Wonwoo!”

 

“I just gave birth a week ago, give me some credit—ow, the stitches!”

 

---

 

“I SAW LINGERIE IN HIS DESK DRAWER!!!” he hears his son scream from downstairs. There were noises of shushing and sobs and it took him milliseconds to decide about getting up from the bed and walking downstairs. He didn’t want his children to rouse the neighbors awake in the middle of the night and he also wanted to sleep for the health of his baby.

 

He didn’t want to be stressed out, but it turns out that confronting his two sons downstairs gave him more stress than ever.

 

“He doesn’t love him anymore!” Jungmin screams and Wonwoo frowns at the sudden volume. He wanted to know who his sons we’re talking about that made them argue like that as it is unlike them, screaming and crying. He scoffs as he thinks that it must be some boy or girl they’re into, but his small smile was turned into a grim line. His raised eyebrow was turned into a frown as he descended down the steps and heard the words.

 

“Appa doesn’t love umma anymore…”

 

---

 

Wonwoo woke up with cold sweat, heading straight for the bathroom to vomit out everything he ate last night. He grimaced at the painful sting of bile that rose up his throat and he was about to stand up and gargle, but he vomited again. Tears prickled at the corner of his eyes because of the sting that further escalated. He was glad that none of the boys have heard him and he woke up rather late, seeing as Haru wasn’t even in the bed anymore. Seokhwee must’ve prepared breakfast for everyone.

 

Once done, he brushed his teeth and headed straight for the balcony. The trash bags weren’t there anymore where he last saw them. He figured that it was already taken care of and shook his head to rid himself of negative thoughts. He goes back inside his room to check on his desk calendar. It’s still three days before Seokhwee’s birthday so there’s still time to contact the others about the proposed potluck dinner.

 

He figured it will be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter