Chapter 5

Living the Dream

Anyone who knew Luhan could easily tell you that he wasnt a morning person. He absolutely despised having to wake up early, his brain wouldnt properly function before 9 am, so when he finally went off to college and discovered afternoon classes he felt like crying of happiness. The earliest class he takes is at 10:30 am, which gives him just enough time to properly wake up and get himself some coffee. He absolutely adores coffee, cant function without it, gets a headache if he doesnt get his morning coffee. Which is why when Luhan walked past the coffee shop near his apartment and saw they were looking for a barista to work the night shift Luhan legitimately started jumping of joy in the middle of the street. Luhan loves his job and the fact that his manager is pretty gullible is just a bonus. The amount of times Luhans called in sick when in reality he was just doing something EXO-M related are many. Not that he doesnt take his job seriously, but EXO-M are priorities, his manager would probably understand anyways.

 

So there he is, working the night shift the day after EXO-M's fansign event, aka the best day of his life. He still couldnt believe he actually got to meet his idols. They were amazing and every moment Luhan spent in their presence will always be cherished as precious memories. It was an experience that he cant wait to forcefully tell everyone he knows and will ever meet for the rest of his life about. He had honestly told anyone that would listen to him about the previous day, everyone except his manager who stil thought he had been actually sick. 

 

One of he good things about the coffee shop was that the manager let whichever barista was working a shift choose the music. That meant Luhan had ben playing  EXO-M's new album all day, (gotta get them that promo). If any of the customers even hummed one of the songs Luhan would immediately tell them about his previous day. Some people were confused, some people were happy and some people were jealous about his story. Luhan didnt care either way.

 

It was already 11:30 pm nad the shop closed in half an hour. Seeing that the cafe was currently empty Luhan decided to start wiping down the tables, all while EXO-M's best songs played in the background, which was their entire discography. Luhan was so focused on wiping tables and singing to Sweet Lies that he didnt hear the front door of the shop open behind him.

 

"Excuse me, are you guys still open?" 

 

Luhan screamed in shock and quickly spinned around once he heard the unexpected voice in the store.

 

"Oh my god, Im so sorry for scaring you. Are you ok?" said the unknown man, grabbing Luhans arm to steady the younger boy. 

 

Luhans heart was racing so fast he felt like he was having a heart attack. "Im fine, you just surprised me that all" Luhan said as he finally looked at the boys face only to immediately feel like he was going to have another heart attack. Xiumin was standing in front of him, EXO-M's Xiumin, one of his idols, the man he had been calling the love of his life for years. He was standing right in front of him. Luhan felt like he couldn't breathe.

 

"Luhan are you ok?!?" Xiumin asked grabbing the boy in front of him by both arms.

 

At that Luhan finally snapped out of it. "Wait a minute, you remember me?!?!" Luhan asked incredulously. 

 

The shorter boy finally smiled at that, all concern leaving his face. "Of course I remember you! How could i forget my best male fan" he said teasingly while finally letting go of the younger boys arms.

 

"Wow" Luhan muttered to himself  behind the shops counter. "This must be a dream. Theres no way Xiumin would be here right now and theres especially no way he'd remember me at all. Nope. This is too good to be true. Its gotta be a dream."

 

"Um  Luhan."

 

"I mean, I cant be this lucky. Nope nope. Its a dream."

 

"Luhan" 

 

"Or maybe Im dead and this is heaven. Yeah that would make more sense. Must've died in my sleep. Its fine as long as I went dreaming of EXO-M."

 

"LUHAN"

 

Luhan stopped his pacing behind the counter realizing Xiumin was right in front of him. The older had managed to join Luhan behind the counter without him noticing. Luhan looked at the man in front of him, studying all the perfection before him only to realize there was no way his simple mind couldve dreamt every single perfect detail about Xiumin. He could feel his face starting to redden in embarassement.

 

"Luhan, youre not dreaming." Xiumin said giving the younger boy a small non-judgemental smile. It didnt stop Luhan from wanting to get hit by an asteroid at that exact moment either way.

 

"Oh god no. Well Xiumin it was really nice meeting you, I guess its time to go throw myself off the nearest cliff bye!" Luhan said trying to quickly walk past Xiumin and straight into the employees only back door.

 

"Luhan wait!" Xiumin said, grabbing Luhans arm before the younger could get away. "You never answered my question." Xiumin said turning around to look at Luhan. 

 

What the why is my life suddenly the plot of a really cheesy kdrama, Luhan thought to himself. 

 

"What question?" now feeling a mixture of confused and mortified. 

 

"Are you still open?" Xiumin asked giving Luhan another one of his beautiful gummy smiles.

 

Luhan suddenly took the opportunity for what it was. A chance to start over.

 

Luhan smiled back at Xiumin, finally releasing all the emberassment he had still felt. 

 

"Yes, we're still open."

 

"Good." Xiumin said letting go of Luhans arm and walking around the counter to look at the menu. "Id like two americanos then."

 

"Two?" Luhan asked again without thinking.

 

"Yeah. One for me and one for you."

 

"WHAT?!?" Luhan accidently screamed in shock, making Xiumin laugh. "Oh sorry. What?" Luhan said repeated in at a more acceptable volume. 

 

"Yeah. Would you like to join me for coffee? Its the least I could do after I scared you like that"

 

"Ill even help you finish cleaning afterwards," Xiumin added at Luhans hesitance.

 

What village did I save in a past life to deserve this?

 

"Oh my god thats so nice but you shouldnt have to do any manual labor. Thats for us common people to do." Luhan said in a jumble of words he didnt think about at all and immediately regretted saying. "Oh god Im so sorry you must think im so weird." Luhan said looking down at a suddenly really interesting spot on the counter.

 

Xiumin laughed, "I dont think your weird. I already told you. I think it makes you pretty cute."

 

For the millionth time in the span of two days Luhan felt like he was gonna die and before he could say any other emberassing thing, Xiumin spoke again. "And you must already know I like cleaning anyways. So please let me help you?" Xiumin asked. 

 

How could Luhan say no to Xiumin? No human being had that power.

 

"Ok." Luhan said ringing up the two americanos. Feeling a little brave and less stupid he decided to ask Xiumin something. "This sounds to good to be true for me. I get a free americano and some help to finish cleaning the shop. Why would you do that?"

 

Xiumin looked straight into the younger boys eyes when he gave him his answer, "Needed an excuse to get to know this cute boy I met yesterday." And that was that.

 

 


Hi guys! I hope you like this chapter. Initially this was gonna be the last chapter and then Id continue writing some more additional things in this universe cause its really fun to write but due to me having college things to do I decided to make it shorter. Next chapter might be the last, nothings certain yet tho. Hope you guys like this update! Also thanks for commenting, its really what motivated me to write more.