Chapter 3

Living the Dream

"Luhan! Open the door!" 

 

Luhan walked over to his front door to put a stop to the never ending knocking. He opened the door to find his best friend wearing his Lay baseball jersey from EXO-M's last tour.

 

"Oh wait. If you're gonna wear your baseball jersey then I'm gonna wear my Xiumin one." Luhan said as he let Baekhyun into his apartment. 

 

"I'm surprised you aren't wearing it already," his best friend said as he followed Luhan into his room. They had agreed to watch the music video together instead of having to text each other about it. It was currently 5:30pm and the music video was going to be released in half an hour. Once they entered Luhans room, Baekhyun made his way straight to the older boys bed and Luhan went straight to his messy closet.

 

"You really need to clean" Baekhyun said as he stared at all the clothes thrown on the closets floor, there were barely any shirts actually hanging in it. 

 

"I'm a college student, I have no time to clean." Luhan said as he threw probably dirty t-shirts over his shoulder, Baekhyun ducking every once in a while to make sure he didn't get hit by the them. 

 

"You woke up at 4:30 in the morning today to buy our tickets, why didn't you just clean after that?" 

 

"I might've fallen back asleep immediately after I bought them and then I woke up at 12." Luhan said as he gave up on his closet and walked over to what Baekhyun guessed was his drawer, he couldn't really tell with the giant pile of EXO-M merchandise Luhan had over it. 

 

"By the way you owe me money" Luhan said.

 

"Yeah yeah I'll pay you eventually." Baekhyun replied while grabbing Luhans laptop from the floor and starting it up. "Wait a second, didn't you have class at 12 today?" Baekhyun asked without taking his eyes off Luhans twitter feed. 

 

"Um yep." Luhan said once he finally found his Xiumin baseball jersey under his latest Xiumin poster he still hadnt amnaged to put up. "I may have been 40 minutes late to that class..."

 

Baekhyun finally turned away from the laptop to look at the older boy who was currently changing shirts. "You really need to stop getting late to class. Theyre gonna kick you out or something" 

 

"Whatever, its fine. It was a two hour long class anyways. Its not like I missed anything important." 

 

Luhan and Baekhyun stopped their bickering once they heard knocking outside. "Oh, thats gotta be Sehun," Luhan said as he made his way out of his room and towards the front door. 

 

Baekhyun put the computer down on the bed and followed Luhan out of the room, "How come Sehuns here? I thought Chanyeol was out bowling or doing whatever his recent hobby is," he asked.   

 

"He went out to eat with Kyungsoo and Jongin. I invited Sehun over to watch the music video with us" Luhan replied once he reached the door. 

 

"Wait a minute" Baekhyun stopped as Luhan opened the front door. "Sehun stans EXO-M?!?!?"

 

"Yeah I do." Sehun said as he walked into the apartment. The younger boy eyed the two older boys baseball jerseys and sadly frowned. "Oh I didn't know we were wearing our baseball jerseys. I left my Tao one at home."

 

"I'm gonna fight Chanyeol that stupid giant." Baekhyun said as he walked over to his apartment next door. 

 

"Why did he leave?" Sehun asked confused at the others exit.

 

"I'm honestly not sure, but he'll be back soon enough." Luhan said as he made his way into the living room to set up the TV, Sehun following after him. 

 

Barely five minutes later, Baekhyun returned to the apartment with something in his hands. "Here you go Sehun, you can borrow Junmyeons Tao jersey," he said as he handed the younger boy the jersey.

 

"I KNEW JUNMYEON STANNED EXO-M THAT LIL ER LIED TO ME!" Luhan screamed from in front of the tv.

 

"He made me promise not to tell you but desperate times call for desperate measures. I can't let Sehun go jersey-less." Baekhyun said as he made himself comfortable next to Sehun on the sofa. The grateful younger boy immediately got to work in putting the jersey over his own shirt wasting no time whatsoever. 

 

"I always thought Junmyeon would be Chen stan..." Luhan said as he sat next to Baekhyun and loaded up the youtube app.

 

Baekhyun laughed at that, "he stans all five members of EXO-M, he owns all five jerseys."

 

Sehun and Luhan just stared at Baekhyun. Its always the quietest ones, the ones who stan the most aggressively. Luhan was about to ask Baekhyun a billion question about Junmyeon stanning EXO-M when they all suddenly got the long- awaited youtube notification on their phones. The video was out. 

 

"ITS OUT"

 

"LUHAN PUT THE ING MV"

 

"BAEK SHUT THE UP ITS LOADING ALREADY"

 

For five minutes and three seconds no one spoke, no one even made a noise. The three boys were all too focused on the fun music video they were all witnessing for the first time. It wasn't until Luhan played the music video for the fifth time that somebody finally broke the silence. 

 

"DID LAY ING DIE??" Baekhyun screamed as he threw himself on the floor in the fetal position.

 

"That video was so happy and fun and then it ended with Lay crashing in the middle of the ocean and maybe dying what the " Sehun said.

 

"What the even happened in this music video?? Why did an egg steal their power orbs??" asked Baekhyun from his new position on the floor.  

 

"Xiumin blew himself up... The poor love of my life blew himself up in the cutest way possible," said Luhan, a single tear running down his face.

 

"And then Chen was just there with all his funny expressions."

 

"Honestly Kris is such a meme. Did you see how he was EXO-M's Velma and he was looking for his glasses when there were like 10 glasses on the floor? Why were there so many glasses on the floor?"

 

"And how he fainted when he saw the egg robot, honestly same." 

 

"And Lay with the kitten, I'm gonna need to rewatch that scene like 80 more times."

 

"Tao looked so good with his blue hair and his one red eye."

 

"Xiumin king of berets"

 

"Lay king of crashing into the ocean."

 

"This is by far EXO-M's best comeback" Luhan said. Both other boys nodding in agreement. 

 

The three boys continued talking about EXO-M's newest video, so much that they didn't hear when the front door opened and someone came in.

 

"Are you guys still talking about the new video?" Chanyeol asked once he entered the living room, closely followed by Jongin and Kyungsoo.

 

"You stupid giant!" Baekhyun said once he saw the taller boy, immediately making his way to the giant from his position on the floor. "HOW. COULD. YOU. NOT. TELL. US. SEHUN. STANNED. EXO. M." Baekhyun said in between hits to Chanyeols arms and anywhere else the shorter boy could reach. 

 

"Ouch ouch ouch ouch stop I'm sorry I swear I'll never keep something like this from you and Luhan again. Ouch please stop" Chanyeol begged, now from his position on the floor.

 

"You better not." Baekhyun said as he went over to hug Jongin and Kyungsoo who still hadn't moved from theit place near the front door.  

 

"I'm really surprised Luhan didn't attack Chanyeol with you." Kyungsoo said as he pushed Baekhyun away from him. 

 

"Oh its cause me and Sehun already did that in the morning." said Luhan from the couch where he had been staring at Chanyeol getting beat up by his best friend, a creepy grin on his face. 

 

"Makes sense" said Jongin as he followed Baekhyun into the kitchen to probably eat some snacks. 

 

Kyungsoo jumped over Chanyeol's body on the floor and made his way over to Sehun and Luhan on the couch. "Luhan I thought you worked today?" he asked as he sat in between the two taller boys. 

 

"Yeah but I called in sick." the older boy said as he scrolled through his twitter timeline.

 

"You aren't sick though..." the shorter boy said confused. 

 

"Yeah well I couldn't miss EXO-M's comeback," Luhan replied without taking his eyes off of all the new memes on his timeline.  

 

"Oh Kyungsoo guess what" Sehun said. "I'm going to an EXO-M fansign event next week with Luhan and Baekhyun. I got Chanyeol to pay for it."
 

"Was that his punishment for not telling Lu you liked EXO-M?"

 

"Yep. That and he has to pay the wifi bill by himself for two months."

 

"Well at least you finally get to meet Tao." Kyungsoo said, smiling at the obviously excited younger boy.

 

Luhan looked up from his phone, having finally analyzed what the other two were speaking about, "YOU ALSO KNEW SEHUN LIKED EXO-M??" he screamed at the shorter boy.

 

"Yeah, he tells me about them all the time." Kyungsoo said.

 

"Oh okay cool." Luhan said as he went back to his twitter scrolling.

 

"Wait," said Chanyeol, finally standing up from the floor, walking into the living room, "You gave me for not telling you Sehun liked EXO-M  but you find out Kyungsoo also knew and all he gets is an 'oh okay cool'?!?!"

 

"Yeah," the older boy replied staring at the taller one as if he had grown a second head. "I don't wanna die a week before I meet the love of my life in person. I'm not stupid."

 

"I guess that makes sense" said Chanyeol as he sat next to Sehun, the younger boy immediately cuddling up to him. 

 

 "Which reminds me. If all of you are here now that means we're all watching the new video. We gotta get my boys those views before we move on to streaming the album."  Luhan said as Baekhyun and Jongin made their way back from the kitchen. A mixture of screams of joy and annoyed groans could be heard in the living room. 

 


I hope you guys like this chapter!