Chapter 4

Living the Dream

The day of the fan-sign event Luhan felt like he was sick and not fake sick like what he told his manager so that he could get out of work again. He was ridiculously nervous, never in his 21 years of life had he felt this anxious. Not on his first day of college, his first day of work, his first ever date (and he was really nervous there) never. He honestly felt like he was going to pass out the closer he got to the venue. 

 

"I've known Luhan all my life and I swear he's never been this quiet." Baekhyun told Sehun as they slowly walked behind the quietly panicking boy. 

 

"Are you sure he's gonna be alright?" Sehun asked concerned.

 

"I guess... I mean, he'd never forgive himself if he actually made himself sick the day he got to meet the love of his life, hes been dreaming about this ever since we started stanning EXO-M years ago."

 

"What if hes stupid enough to actually do that?" asked Sehun once more.

 

"I mean, the boys stupid but he aint that stupid," Baekhyun said.

 

"I can hear everything you guys are saying, you know that right?" Luhan said as he turned around to face the other two boys.

 

"Lu are you sure you're feeling well?" Sehun asked once again.

 

Luhan looked at the younger boy in front of him and tried to relax for the sake of his friends and his own sanity., "I'm fine, just a little bit nervous."

 

"A little bit?!? Luhan your hands are shaking." Baekhyun said pointing at the older boys hands.

 

Luhan looked down at his hands only to realize that they were indeed shaking. "Oh I really am nervous." 

 

"It's ok. You'll be fine," Baekhyun said as he put his arms over his best friends shoulders and continued walking towards the venue, dragging the slightly taller boy with him. "Whats the worst that could happen?"

 

"He could say something really stupid and all of EXO-M could laugh at him." Sehun said from behind them. Luhan froze under Baekhyuns arm, suddenly being bombarded by hundreds of embarassing scenarios.

 

"Damn it Sehun you're not helping." Baekhyun muttered at Sehun, the younger boy feeling guilty all of a sudden.

 

"Luhan you're gonna be fine. Kris, Xiumin, Lay, Chen, and Tao are all really nice guys. They won't laugh at you," Baekhyun said.

 

Luhan looked up at his friend in horror, "But Baek, what if I do something embarrasing and they do laugh?!?" 

 

"Then look at the bright side, at least you know they won't forget you." Baekhyun said as he forced Luhan to start walking again. "Now come on. Lets get to the venue already, we've got a long line to make."

 

The three boys continued walking down the streets until they finally reached the venue. They went inside after showing the security guards their tickets and made their way to their assigned seats. Surprisingly enough they were quite close to the stage which made Luhan even more nervous than he was before.

 

"Oh what if they see me from here?" Luhan asked while trying to duck behind the front seats.

 

"Lu.. theyre gonna see you anyways when you go up to them to get your album signed" Baekhyun said slowly.

 

Once Luhan heard this his eyes opened wide in realization, "Oh theyre gonna see me anyways! My face isnt worthy of them Baek!"

 

"Luhan chill, nobody here is worthy of EXO-M  but we're all here anyways" Sehun said trying to calm his older friend.

 

"Lu breathe, calm down. Everythings gonna be fine" Baekhyun said taking Luhans hand into his own. "You need to calm down, you dont want Xiumin to see you like this do you?"

 

"Oh God no I'd rather die right now than have him see me like this."

 

"Good. So chill out. If Sehun and I are chill over meeting EXO-M then so can you." Baekhyun said one more time.

 

 Luhan had to take a couple of deep breaths before he could finally feel himself relaxing. The girl sitting next to him even offered her water bottle to him which he politely accepted. As soon as he felt himself relax, the lights were dimmed and EXO-M came out on stage. If he thought they were good looking on TV then in person it was like he was standing in front of five gods. They looked amazing in their casual wear. Kris with his superman style hair. That strand in the middle of his forehead looked so amazing on him, but on anybody else it would probably look like a frizzy mess. Tao with his beautifully styled blue hair, he was so ridiculously handsome. Chen with orange hair?!?! Chen had never had this hair color, Luhan felt like he was in an amazing alternate universe. Lay whose smile put a top to world conflicts. And last but not least, Xiumin. He'd seen netizens post  that this man looked like a God in person and now he could finally see it himself. Not even the most expensive camera in the world could do justice to his beauty. There wasnt a single thing about him that wasn't completely perfect. Once he saw Xiumin, he couldnt stop staring at him, he was in awe of this mans good looks. Xiumin in his beautiful black hair with the sides cut was just a work of art. Luhan was in a trance by this mans beauty and he didnt snap out of it until he could swear the smaller man was smiling at him with that beautiful gummy smile. 

 

Once Luhan finally broke free from Xiumins spell he could feel Baekhyun hitting his arm next to him. He looked to his right side to see both of his friends in the same trance as him. 

 

"It's really them," Sehun said in complete awe.

 

"They're so gorgeous." Baekhyun said.

 

"They really are," Luhan said as his eyes fell back on Xiumins waving form just three rows in front of them. 

 

"We are ONE! Hello, We are EXO-M" the five boys before them began and continued with their individual introductions, as if no one in that room knew who they were.

 

"We decided to host this fansign event because you guys have been incredibly supportive of us throughout our entire career and we wanted to thank you guys for it," said Kris.

 

"Wow, he's so leadery," whispered Baekhyun.

 

"Shut up Baek thats not even a word," answered Sehun.

 

Luhan stopped trying to get his bickering friends to shut up once he heard Xiumins voice, "We also saw a couple of male fans over in the front when we walked in. It makes us really happy to know that boys also like us and our music," he said looking directly towards Luhan and his friends and smiling at them. Luhan suddenly forgot how to breathe.

 

"So lets get to it!" Chen screamed and then all members of EXO-M went over to their seats to begin the event.

 

"They looked at us! They looked straight at us oh my god!" said Baekhyun trying to remain calm.

 

"I didn't think they'd notice us like that what the hell!" said Sehun looking over at his two friends.

 

"Wow you guys are really lucky," said the really nice girl sitting next to Luhan quickly returning to her conversation with her friends.

 

Throughout all this Luhan hadn't said a word, he hadnt even taken his eyes off of Xiumin as he signed an album for a girl from the first row. Luhan couldn't belive the man he had been calling the love of his life actually acknowledged him that way and he still hadnt even gotten his album signed. Luhan took this opportunity to really think about all he wanted to say to the boy who had honest to god changed his life for the better. And soon enough it was Luhans turn to go up stage. He made his way up the stage, Baekhyun and Sehun behind him, and made his way to the first EXO-M member, Kris.

 

"Ayo waddup Kris," Luhan said as a greeting to Kris, he could hear Baekhyun and Sehun laughing behind him. 

 

"Ayo wassup," Kris replied in a really cool way once Luhan gave him his album. Luhan directed him to the specific page he wanted signed. He made Kris laugh a couple of times which made Luhan feel like he had died and gone to heaven.

 

Followed by Kris was Tao, "I want you to know that because of you I took up martial arts for like a week. You made it look so cool but I quit after I fell on my like 80 times in the same lesson. You make it look too simple," Luhan said while Tao laughed at the memory of the older boys hurt . 

 

"Did you know angels cry when they hear your beautiful voice?" Luhan asked Chen once he reached the younger boy, making him laugh and deny that his voice was that good (so humble, so cute). 

 

He moved onto Lay, "your dimple is so deep I could drown in it, just like how you drowned in the power music video, now what was that all about man?" Lay laughed but refused to answer Luhans very serious question. "You'll find out someday," he replied (what a tease).

 

 Soon enough, the moment Luhan had waited years for was finally here. He was gonna get to meet Xiumin. 

 

"Hi there" Xiumin said once Luhan walked up to him. Luhan looked up into Xiumins eyes and he couldnt help but get a bit shy in front of his idol.

 

"Hi. I'm Luhan." the younger boy said once Xiumin smiled at him again.

 

"So have you been a fan of us for long?" Xiumin asked reaching over for Luhans album.

 

"Yes I have, I've been a fan ever since your debut."

 

"Wow then you've been a fan of us for a very long time." Xiumin said, still looking into Luhans eyes.

 

"Yes, I have."  Luhan replied. At that moment Xiumin looked down and began signing the younger boys album, Luhan realized this was his only chance to say all he wanted to say. 

 

"I just wanted to tell you-" Luhan slowly began, Xiumin looking away from the album to look into Luhans eyes again "-you've really helped me out in the past. I went through some really difficult situations in the past but I was always able to deal with them thanks to you and how you dealt with your own difficulties. And you're also very talented and you shouldn't let anyone tell you otherwise." Luhan said as fast as he could, immediately breaking eye contact wih Xiumin and looking down at the table. Luhan slowly felt Xiumins hand touch his own and he immediately looked back up to the other boy.

 

"Thank you for saying all that," Xiumin said, Luhan could see the honest gratitude in the older boys eyes, "it really gives me strength to know that I've helped someone like that. So thank you and I hope that I can continue helping you that way." 

 

Luhan could feel his cheeks heating up, "I also think you're pretty cute." Luhan said, eyes widening in surprise once he realized what he had just said.

 

Xiumin didn't really seem to mind, in fact he laughed at Luhans words. "Thanks," he said "I think you're pretty cute too." Xiumin said followed by a wink. If Luhan were to spontanously die right at the moment he wouldve been fine with, he couldve honestly said that he had accomplished all his life goals. Surprisingly he managed to regain his cool real quick. 

 

"No Im not cute at all, Im super manly." he said in a joking matter which made Xiumin laugh even more.

 

"That just makes you even cuter." Xiumin said as he went back to signing Luhans album. Once he finished he handed Luhan his album back. Before Luhan walked off the stage, album in hand, he told Xiumin one last thing. "Please dont forget your best male fan," he said as he quickly made his way down the stage while he could hear Xiumin laugh in the background. When Luhan returned to his seat he realized he never read Xiumins message to him. He found the page quickly and almost screamed at the message he saw.   

 

        Dear Luhan,

       Thank you for coming. Please always find strength in me like I'll find strength thinking about fans like you. I'll never forget you cutie. 

           Xiumin

 


Hey guys! I just wanted to thank you guys for reading this fic. Hope you enjoy this chapter!