5.

Reversal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin woke again, hoping it was just another dream. He didn't open his eyes yet, afraid to see the same ceiling again. 

 

He took a while before he opened his eyes and look at the ceiling, hoping he was back at where he belonged. 

 

However, he recognise the peeling wallpaper and bit his lip, frowning. He wondered when was this all going to end. He wondered what was he suppose to achieve after all this madness. 

 

The silence was eerie then and he wondered what day was it when he heard a loud crash. It came from below - his thoughts ran to his Umma. Her Umma. 

 

He threw the sheets off and jumped out of the bed. Running down the stairs, he wondered heavily what happened before seeing the broken pieces of the once favourite teapot of his Umma and her legs sticking out from the doorway of the small kitchen.

 

"Um-UMMA!" 

 

Panicked, he went over and checked on her, realising that she was unconscious and not breathing. He called on her name repeatedly, slowly dragging her away from the broken pieces littered on the floor.

 

"Um..Umma," 

His vision got blurried as he tried to shook her awake. He saw his droplets of water staining his mother's knitted sweater before realising it was him. He was crying. He reached for the phone beside the coffee table and called 119. 

 

"Tae-UMMA!"

 

Hana reached his place, her chirpy voice turn into shocking gasps as she ran into the house and saw the situation. One of her shoe was still stuck to her feet and she pulled his mother away and tried to check on her thoroughly. 

 

Taemin couldn't find the words to speak, his lips and voice was speaking for him as the operator asked about the situation. He couldn't comprehend the loss nor could he imagine a life without his umma. 

 

Was this how Hana felt that day? 

 

He recalled her in his position, Taemin bursting in the same way as she did. He glanced at them both, suddenly remembering him doing chest compressions on her mother that very same day. 

 

Hana was in a mess, crying non stop and trying to talk on the phone to the operator. Taemin had then snatched the phone from her and took over, giving the address and doing the compressions until the ambulance and paramedics arrived. 

 

Taemin was still in a mess, him crying his eyes out as he watched the paramedics place tubes and attached her to the machines in the ambulance. He bit his lip, feeling the heaviness of his heart and he felt a slight hope that suddenly overwhelmed him. 

 

With faith, he clasped both hands tightly. His sweaty palms were shaking and his eyes were closed shut as he prayed silently. Begging. Begging for something. Praying for a miracle. 

 

Please...Please help me...

 

Please...

 

"What is it that you are praying for?" 

 

A voice spoke to him and he took a deep breath before opening his eyes. 

 

He was surrounded in darkness. He looked ahead and found the same old lady that he had encountered twice before. He tried to walk to her but something was making him stay to the ground he was standing on.

 

"Please," Taemin begged, his eyes were red and swollen, "Please..." 

 

"Be specific," The old lady spoke, hands clasped behind her back. 

 

Taemin bit his lip and wondered what was he need. He bit his lip tightly until he felt a sudden pain jabbing into his chest. He groaned and gripped his shirt, looking at the old lady. 

 

The diety watched him, waiting for him. Taemin gasped and shut his eyes as the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter