1.

Reversal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Taemin... Wake up," 

 

At his mother's voice, the young man opened his eyes slowly and looked around. He met his mother's friendly eyes and welcoming smile. He stretched slightly, cracking his joints at the rough night he had the night before. He watched his mother reached for a glass of water on the bedside table, just like she would always do every morning. He took the cup gently and drank the water, his mother standing and pat his shoulder gently before she took her leave out of his room. 

 

He messed his hair up abit and tried to remember what kind of dream he had last night. He sighed heavily and rubbed the sleep out of his face gently before he slipped out of the bed, wearing the bedroom slippers. His body was toned and lean from all the gym and sometimes the dance lessons he had with his close friends. He grabbed the bathrobe from the cloth hanger and wore it as he made his way to the joint bathroom. 

 

After a quick shower and wash up, he quickly changed into his suit and tie. He stood in front of the mirror and tied his tie, looking at his face to see if there was any flaw on his face. He tugged on his jacket gently before he grabbed his watch and wore it on the way down to the breakfast table. 

 

"Hana-ah, hows your mother?" 

 

"She has been going for her chemo now and then, doctor says that there is some improvement," 

 

"Thats good to hear," Taemin's father replied as he smiled softly at her. 

 

"Oh, Taemin..." Taesun greeted his younger brother as he join them at the breakfast table. 

 

Taemin grin softly and greeted the housekeeper who served him his breakfast. He sat beside Taesun, looking at the spread. He could feel eyes on him and he didn't have to look up to know who it was. Things have gotten awkward for them since few weeks ago. 

 

Taemin's mother cleared and glanced at Hana and Taemin. She poured more soup for Hana as she took it sincerely, eating with them. Hana has always been around since the mothers' were close since they were kids. Taemin and Hana grew up together, hanging out at each other's place and going to school together. Even after graduating from different universities, their friendship were stronger than ever until one night Taemin had gotten a confession from Hana that she was in love with him. 

 

Since then, their meet-ups were always awkward and stale. Taemin couldn't tell her that he doesn't share the same feelings. He tried to understand but he couldn't get himself to open it up. Hana became more quieter and had tried to avoid him, knowing very well that he doesn't share the same. However for the sake of her dying mother, she tried to pretend that everything was still fine between them and to avoid the whole family would be a toll on her mother's wishes. 

 

"Hana," Taesun grinned and look at her, "How about another blind date?" 

 

Hana gave a small smile and shrug at Taesun. Taesun chuckled and told her about another friend of his whom was a lawyer. Hana tried to listen in, her mind was only thinking of the one sitting opposite her. Taemin stared at his food and ate, not knowing what to say to his best friend. He didn't want things to end as friends but he couldn't love her the same way as she does. He ate and look at his father who tapped his shoulder and gave him a meltdown of what will happen in the office later, making sure Taemin had gotten the ropes. 

 

"Don't work so hard in the office," Taemin's mother said as she bid farewell to her boys. 

 

Hana had to take the same car as Taemin as they were working in the same buliding but at different departments. Taemin's father had to go for a meeting at the city council and Taesun was to accompany him. All of them bid farewell to her as they slid into the cars and proceeded for another day in the office. 

 

Hana kept quiet as Taemin got out of the driveway and waited for a clear road to turn into the main road. Taemin bit his lip, not knowing what to say to her. He tried to reach for the stereo when Hana shifted slightly. 

 

"Drop me at the bus stop," She mumbled. 

 

"I can just send us to work straight-" Taemin said, looking at her.

 

"Its okay.." She grabbed her laptop bag and purse, "I'm more comfortable taking the public..." 

 

Taemin felt a small ache when she said that, biting his lip and obeyed his best friend's wishes. He stopped in front of the bus stop and watched her get out of the car. Hana was slightly clumsy, grabbing her purse while trying to hang on to her laptop bag as she stumbled on her heels. Taemin wanted to help her but she stepped away and bowed to him respectfully. 

 

"I'll see you in the office....sir," She said formally as she flagged down the bus that was coming down the street. 

 

Taemin sighed and got back into the car, biting his lip as he watched his best friend boarded the public bus. He drove away and looked out of the window, his head was filled with questions. He wondered how to get back with her as friends but he knew that it would only be worse if he tried to do something. He could only wait for the right time when a man would come and sweep her feet up and whisked her away so she would be fine with him again. 

 

He reached the office buliding and got out, the valet taking the keys and went to park his car at the underground carpark. He stepped in, nodding to the workers who were bowing at him at his presence. His personal assistance came by with his scheduling manager, them filling him in with what is there to do for the day. He listened and changed the schedules accordingly, walking to the lift and let the lift ascend to his floor. 

 

He walked to his office, greeting the workers there. His office was simple. The side walls was made of glass which allowed him to see when his father and brother walk in and out of waiting area and also see the clients coming in and out. He sat on the black chair and wooden table where his files and documents which he was up doing last night was still there along with his work laptop. The laptop was still on and running as he settled in and looked at the accounts and figures surrounded him.

 

After a while, his father called him. Taemin looked away from the figures and took a good look at the time before answering. 

 

"Yes, abeoji?"

 

Taemin buttoned up his jacket as he walked to the restaurant. He had agreed to meet his father there, his father stating there is a meeting with someone. Taemin strolled in and was led to the table where he saw his father and another lady and man settled in as well. Hana was there, sitting opposite the man who was trying to break the ice with her. Hana gave a small smile and shifted slightly, a sign Taemin knew she was getting uncomfortable in the whole set-up. Taemin greeted the guests and his father, giving a small pat on Hana's shoulder. Hana jerked slightly and looked away. 

 

"This is my son, Taemin..." His father introduce to them, "Hana is his best friend but she has grown on me like my very own daughter," 

 

"This is Haeun and Haneul...They are the siblings of one of our partners," 

 

Taemin gave them a sincere smile and introduced himself formally. Haeun smiled at him and blushed slightly at his formalities. Hana watched them both and looked at Haneul who gave her the warmest smile. She smiled slightly and looked away. Taemin noticed how Han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter