3.

Reversal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin woke up extra early the next morning. He couldn't sleep after that weird dream, frowning. He woke up again in the same bedroom and dragged his heavy feet across the floorboards, frowning slightly. 

 

He washed up and changed into his uniform, biting his lip as he recalled what happened the day before. His heart was heavy from the sudden rejection and confusion at the same time. He bit his lip and made it out of the house quietly, leaving a note on the kitchen table as he did. 

 

* * * * * *

 

"Hana, dear," 

 

Hana looked up at Taemin's mother and gave a small smile. She came in this morning, excited for the rehearsals for the upcoming school dance. She wanted to share the excitement with Taemin only to find out that he wasn't home. 

 

"Could you maybe pass his lunch for me?" 

 

Hana nodded and took the lunch bag from her. She put it in her bag and excused herself after eating up some breakfast. 

 

"Dear? Is everything alright?" Taemin's mother asked, coughing suddenly and took out her handkerchief, coughing into it. 

 

Hana widened her eyes, worried and alarmed. She helped her to the chair and pour some water. Taemin's mother took the glass with shaky hands and drank. Hana saw a bit of blood on her lips and looked away slightly. 

 

"Will you be okay?" Hana asked her, biting her lip. 

 

"Of course.." Taemin's mother assured her and pat her arm gently. 

 

"Okay.." Hana glanced at the clock and realise she was going to be late, "I have to get to school.." 

 

* * * * * * 

"Hey.." Hana walked up to Taemin who was sliding his books in his bag from his locker. 

 

"What's up?" Taemin asked, not meeting her eyes. 

 

Hana realised Taemin didn't want to face her, knowing how he was and his every expression and action since kids. 

 

"You forgot your lunch.." She gave him the bag and bit her lip. 

 

Taemin took the bag quietly and collected his books. He could feel her eyes bore into his face, feeling his heart skipped a beat. 

 

"Taemin.." Hana cleared before she started but was then interrupted by the rest of their clique. 

 

"We are LATE!" Jimin announced as he rushed everyone to class. 

 

* * * * * * * 

Taemin felt his jacket was being tugged on before he glances at the person sitting behind him. 

 

Kai raised his eyebrows and wave something small in his hands. Taemin quickly glances at the front before retrieving the note swiftly. Another glance at the teacher in front before he unfolded the note. 

 

Got a triple date later after school at the nearby coffee shop. 3 girls from the other school. Don't tell Hana... 

 

Taemin crumpled the note and rubbed his forehead, biting his lip and glanced at his best friend beside him. Hana diligently wrote down notes into her textbook and notebook, not noticing his stare. 

 

A while later, Hana packed her stuff at the end of school day. Hana glanced at the trio, raising an eyebrow as they were acting suspiciously. 

 

"What is it with you three?" Hana asked, swinging her bag up her shoulder. 

 

"Nothing!" Jimin stammered, earning a nudge from Kai and both of them glance at each other. 

 

Taemin sighed heavily, "We are just going to do some work in the library." 

 

"Right," Hana muttered, "I'm going to get some food and then head home," 

 

Taemin nodded, feeling a sense of dread and heaviness in his heart. He watched as Hana walked away from him, feeling the sudden distance between them growing wide. Taemin didn't know he was staring at the empty hallway when Kai grabbed his elbow. He glanced at the other and saw the cheekiness on his face. Taemin remembered the note and felt a strong sense of rejection of the date. 

 

He dragged his feet against the hard stone pavement as he walked behind the duo who was excited and jumping around. He used to be excited for dates and all sorts of stuff before but now his heart was heavy and guilty. He could imagine Hana's face upon knowing what they have done or what he had done. However, Hana was not having the mutual feelings he was having. He felt his insides rolled in as they came up to the cafe in one of the streets. 

 

The streets were crowded with teenagers and shops selling clothes to merchandises for teenagers their age. He watched as pretty girls walked past him and gave him a slight wink. He didn't bother to return back anything, looking at his white shoes. 

 

"So...." Jimin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter