Five

Night Girl

Sana couldn't help but peek over at Momo as she drove the Night Mobile. She was dressed in the Night Woman outfit and Sana was back in her Night Girl outfit. Momo fit the costume a lot better then Sana did— the outfit also looked slightly more attractive with Momo wearing it but Sana was ignoring that, she would definitely pass as her more then Sana ever would have. She was lucky that the Black Swan was a newcomer and hadn't squared off with Night Woman long enough to be able to tell the difference when she wore the costume.  

"Where are we heading?" Sana asked, suddenly realizing she had forgot to ask.

"The warehouse you found Yubins phone."

"It's all blown up though..." Sana had watched it while she waded in the cold water. 

Momo nodded, "There could still be clues left behind. Things you wouldn't catch with just a quick scan. Witnesses possibly." She explained, "Lesson one: there is always evidence." 

Sana nodded, Yubin had told her something similar when she had began training her. 

They parked in a dark alley nearby before going up onto the roofs. They made the rest of their journey that way before they arrived to the nearest warehouse by the exploded sight. 

"It's looks clear to go down." Momo said, belting her binoculars. "C'mon." 

The warehouse hadn't exploded completely, but it was mostly a skeleton of a building with a few support beams still holding parts of the roof up. It wasn't exactly safe but they ducked under the caution tape anyways. 

"There'd been mostly empty pallets here." Sana explained as they walked through the ashy warehouse. "So not much was lost."

Momo hummed as they continued walking, her eyes glued to the floor. 

"What exactly are we looking for?" Sana felt stupid for asking but she wasn't exactly sure what Momo was expecting to find.

"Anything. If we find something it will be obvious. Given that you said this was a warehouse full of pallets just look for anything that would cause you to pause." Sana nodded and began walking in a different direction then in which Momo had gone. 

With the toe of her boot she kicked rubble as she walked, looking for anything that would be useful.

She'd been kicking ash away when she'd heard something scratched across the floor. Curiously looking down, her eyes widened as she caught something. 

"Night Woman!" Sana called, running through the warehouse, back to where she'd split with Momo. 

"Did you find something?" Momo approached with a jog. 

Sana nodded and held out the coin, designed with a pink and black yin and yang symbol.

"Do you know who this belongs to!" Sana's eyes lit up excitedly. 

Momo turned the coin over in her hands with a nod, "So Jennies involved in this. Should of figured." 

"It's the Blinks right? I haven't dealt with them before but from my studying I know a little about them." 

The Blinks were a notorious gang, led by Jennie Kim, who had inherited her leadership from her father. They owned all major clubs in the city. And while they were criminals in Night Woman's eyes, there never seemed to be enough evidence connecting them to any crime. Therefore making if imposible to catch them.

Momo nodded, "Yeah it's them. Good job, we just got a major clue." 

Sana smiled, proud of herself, "So what are we gonna do? Interrogate them?"

Momo pursed her lips, looking down at the coin. "It'll be best if I meet with Jennie on my own." 

"W-what?" Sana's excitement died with her words, "But they're dangerous, I can't let you go alone?"

"I can take care of myself, besides, we can't be leaving the city completely defenseless while we search for Yubin. You should return to your post." Momo suggested, trying to be stern but failing with a soft gaze. 

Sana clenched her fists, even with Yubin gone, and having done so much on her own, she was still being treated like a kid. She'd thought Momo would be different, having been in her shoes, literally, but she was wrong. 

Momo sighed, probably sensing Sana's anger, "Look, trust me I know how it must seem like, but I swear it's not because I don't trust you or think you can't handle yourself. Jennie and I have a past, a personal past, it will be better if I meet her privately. I'm the only one who can." 

*^*

Sana was still annoyed when Momo dropped her off in they alley of her usual post and didn't say a word as she grappled up to the roof. She stomped to the edge and plopped herself roughly down. 

"Thomas, any activity?" She grumbled.

"There was a break in but the cops handled it swiftly. As of right now, everything is clear." 

"Perfect." Sana groaned. She threw herself back and crossed her arms behind her head for cushion, "I needed a nap anyways." 

She hadn't actually meant to fall asleep but she woke suddenly as something, or rather someone, kicked her side. 

"What th- you!" Sana quickly jumped to her feet as she noticed The Crow standing beside her. "Why'd you kick me!" 

"Sleeping on the job? How irresponsible." He sneered. 

Sana glared, how dare this newbie judge her, "I wasn't sleeping, I was closing my eyes for a second. Nothing's happening anyways. And who are you to judge me!" 

The boy or man, she wasn't sure, tsk'd and turned away from her, "Where's Night Woman, I need to speak to her." 

Missing, Sana wanted to respond but bit her tongue. "She's otherwise preoccupied, as her glorified assistant, can I take a message?" 

He looked at her unamused, "Its urgent that I speak to her." 

"What about?" Sana crossed her arms. 

Sighing he turns away, "Never mind, I'll track her down myself." 

"Track who down?" Momo asks as she steps out of the shadows.

Both The Crow and Sana step back in surprise, not having noticed her presence. Sana was completely impressed, it was a skill she'd still not gotten the hang of. 

"Night Woman." The Crow greeted, "Its an honor to meet you." 

Momo's eyes flickered to Sana's behind the mask, asking who the hell is this, which made Sana smirk. 

"The Crow said he had something urgent to tell you." Sana walked to stand beside Momo. 

"About?" Momo asked looked over to him curiously.

"It's about Kim Yubins case." He responds, making Sana and Momo stiffen. "I have managed to get my hands on some information, I'm sure that you've been busy tracking her down yourself. I thought perhaps we could join our forces to find her." 

"What kind of information?" Momo stepped forward. 

"I'm afraid I can't exactly tell you. Not without knowing who you are." 

Sana scoffed, "You expect us to reveal our identities for information we can get on our own?" 

"I can assure you that you cannot get your hands on this information." He glared over at her, "If we're going to work together, I need to know I can trust you." 

Sana laughed, "Your crazy. Night Woman, lets go. We can find it on our own." 

A grip on Sana's forearm stopped her from walking off, "Night Woman?" Sana looked at her in surprise, "You're not honestly thinking about revealing our identities to him?" She hissed lowly to her. 

Momo ignored her and stared sternly over at him, "First, you reveal your identity. Second, only I will reveal my identity. Night Girl stays anonymous." 

The Crow nodded, "Okay but we can't do it here. Anyone can be watching. We can meet at my place." 

*^*

"Are you nuts?!" Sana yelled as they hopped into the Night Mobile, "You can't expose your identity to him! Yubin will have a when she finds out." 

Momo sighed, "Listen, revealing myself as Night Woman is better then telling him Yubin is Night Woman. I have no right in exposing her secret. He seems like the kind to put the pieces together quick so it's better if I do this now so he doesn't look further into it." 

"But what happens when Yubin comes back? He's gonna suspect something then. Yubin was very serious when she told me not to speak to him." 

"Yubin is suspicious of everyone." Momo rolled her eyes, "She doesn't know how to accept help. Besides he might have useful information." 

Sana sighed, seeing no way of talking her out of it, "Speaking of information, what did you find at Jennies." 

Momo gripped the steering wheel tighter, growling, "Nothing much. Ringmaster was apparently short on staff so she hired a few of Jennies men to help set those explosives at the warehouse. I couldn't get much other then that." 

Sana wanted to ask what exactly was her past with Jennie but bit her tongue as they pulled into the garage The Crow left open for them. Hopping out of the Night Mobile, Sana examined the small garage they entered.

It was very small, with the Night Mobile taking most of the space. A steel staircase led up to a small loft where she peeked a bed. Below the loft, tucked in the corner was a small kitchenette and table. On the other side of the garage was a very large screen, surrounded but smaller ones. It was similar to their set up in the Night Cave, except Night Woman's was obviously much more advanced and expensive where as this one was mismatched and messy. 

Sana stopped beside Momo in front of the screens. 

The Crow looked to them seriously, "My name is Wang Jackson. I'm a rookie cop and believe in justice just like you." He raised his hands and peeled off the mask from his face. "My parents were killed by the Ringmaster while on vacation here in Seoul. I will not stop until they are brought justice." 

Although he wore a serious expression, Sana noticed that he was quite handsome. 

She watched as Momo stepped forward, "My name is Hirai Momo. I was taken from my orphanage in Japan when I was young and brought here to be sold. Thankfully I was saved and decided to prevent something like that every happening to anyone else." Momo took her own mask off and Sana sighed, it was too late now. "And became Night Woman."

"Hirai Momo?" Jackson looked over at her curiously, "The first girl Kim Yubin took in?" 

Sana had wondered if he would recognize her name, she wasn't sure how long he'd been in Seoul before starting off as The Crow or how much of Kim Yubin he had looked into.

Momo nodded, "Yes." 

"I thought you moved to Busan?" He looked at her skeptically. 

Oh no, Sana thought, he must have looked in real deep. 

"I did, however, I spend more time here then there." 

He seemed to accept her lie with a nod and Sana tried not to looked suspicious as she looked at Momo, impressed by her quick lie. 

"Now what information do you have for me?" 

His face darkened as he sat down at his desk, "Ringmaster has big plans. And Kim Yubin was just the first of many." He begins typing until a folder pops up on the screen. "I managed to get my hands on a list. I believe they contain the names of the next victims." 

He opens up the list and Sana's eyes scan the names, recognizing important ones, like a few governors and other people with elite statuses. 

She freezes as she notices two names towards the bottom of the list.

The first, Son Chaeyoung.

The second, Minatozaki-Kim Sana.

Momo's name is not on the list, she notes, as she processes the information through her shock. 

"We need to get this list to Commissioner Taecyeon, can you put it in a drive for me?" Momo asks.

"The Commissioner? Are you sure he's trustworthy?" Jackson asks incredulously.

Momo nods, "He is very trusty worthy." 

Jackson does as she says and they leave with a promise to meet up soon. 

"Thomas, please call Taecyeon and tell him we urgently need to see him."

"Where should the meet up place be?" 

"The estate should be fine." 

Sana sits silently, fiddling with her skirt as she thinks about the list. It would be a lie to say she wasn't scared but her worry lay more with Chaeyoung. She could handle herself but Chaeyoung was an ordinary girl. She'd been through so much already. 

Why did the Ringmaster need her? 

Sure her family was rich, their hospitals branched out overseas, but they weren't the usual target for trouble. They weren't like Yubin, whose business dealt with advancement in technology or government officials. 

"Are you okay?" Momo softly asked, peering at her from the corner of eye as she drove.

Sana softly sighed, "My friend Chaeyoung was on the list. I'm worried about her." 

"Don't worry, we'll take care of her." 

Sana wanted to believe her.