V.

Show me your Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wanted to start my day with a smile but I couldn't since Mr. Jang woke me up earlier than the usual. He said that my father went abroad for a business trip and I'll be handling the company for the mean time. I'm not a morning person, I stayed up late all night, I don't even know how am I going to face whomever I'll meet later.

"Where am I going?" I asked, eyes half-open while I rest my head at the headboard. Mr. Jang speak up the details and I pretend to listen, nodding my head with eyes slowly closing and trying to drift back to sleep.

But Mr. Jang's clearing of the throat indicates that he notices it, I lazily bent my body upwards relaxing my left arm to the left leg that I've raised. "Can't I just go to school? I don't want to miss my classes." 

"Your father asked the school for a home study, this will just be temporary, Sir." I ruffled my hair before I stood up and head to the bathroom to take a bath.

A week have passed and I'm still working in behalf of my father. Each day that pass, the company staffs could notice that I'm getting grumpier and annoyed. I've overheard the last time I went to the pastry to ask something to drink. Break time for everyone, and they were all gathered in the center talking about how they are irritated with me and stuffs like that. 

I returned to my office and continue reading the piles of papers in front of me that I need to study. My head is pounding and it annoys me more, I don't know, I can't really tell. I feel annoyed without having a certain reason why. I fished my phone out of my pocket and played a game, I cursed and smiled at the same time when my phone rang. A blessing in disguise that I've lost the game I'm playing. I answered the call. 

"Teuk hyung, I'm glad you've called!" Silence on the other side, a smirk formed my lips. 

"What is it now, Hyun?" 

"Well, you know... the usual?" 

"I want to help you, but the thing is..." 

"I've ordered a new pair of shoes for you hyung. They're from Switzerland, limited edition one." 

"Why are you like this to me?" I could hear the whine from the other line and I laughed. I stood up from the stool, picked up my coat and walked towards the door.

"I'm counting on you, hyung."

 

I have managed to sneak out of the company, thanks to Leeteuk hyung's help and who've always been my proxy every time I needed to breath from work. That has become a habit, so I can say that Mr. Jang's already expecting this to happen. 

I get in the car, still not sure of where to go so I drive freely not bothering of where my wheels are going to take me. I stopped over a convenient store to buy something to eat. I realized that I haven't eaten my breakfast yet and it's past lunch, I'm starving. 

After paying my snacks, I walked back towards my car and stayed there. I haven't realized that these convenient store was the store just in front of our university. Okay, I was expecting my wheels to bring me somewhere relaxing, this isn't relaxing at all. 

I'm almost half-way of sipping my drink empty when I suddenly thought of something. I grabbed a pack of chips with me as I move out of my car, finished my drink and throw it on the store's trash bin then walk towards the premises of our university, Well, the university may somehow look relaxing for a bit. It's been a while since I've been here, I kinda missed the ambiance of this school.

I couldn't control, but the giddiness that I'm feeling somehow freaks the people around me as they saw me enter the university. The shock wasn't usual, something horrified I think? Maybe because of the wide smile I have in face which I, myself, couldn't explain either. The inner me's starting to freak out as well, I think. 

Where am I going? And why the hell did I enter this place? No plans in mind, I felt an imaginary knock on my head, just wanting to see a specific someone. Why? I don't know either.

My eyes roam for a specific pair of eyes, thinking if she'd noticed my long gone. Did she search for me? Or even asked our classmates why am I not attending any of our classes? Nah, they don't care about me anyways. But, does she?

"Oppa... you're back." It's a calm, feminine voice. I almost thought that it was her, but she wasn't. 

"Seulgi... I didn't thought you'd be the one to approach me." She smiled at me, which I wasn't expecting would be her response of what I've said.

"How have you been, oppa? Are you home studying right now?" 

"Yeah, I do that because of work." She handed me the apple cinnamon juice on her hand. 

"Take this, you look so tired. I hope you get enough rest." I'd like to refuse but she'd already placed it on my hand.

"Have you noticed Seohyun? I've been looking for her but I couldn't spot her." I was busy roaming my eyes around that when I looked into her eyes, I only saw a weak forced smile which eventually fades because she looked down.

"How could you be so... heartless?

"It's not what—" I was caught off guard when those sad eyes looked at me contradicting the smiles her lips was showing.

"The garden in front of the school library, that's where I last saw her reading a book." I placed my hands on my pocket, trying to shove the guilt. 

"Thanks. I hope you don't misunderstand." She nods. 

"Oppa, can I ask you a favor?" I didn't respond because she continues, "can I hug you?" I can't protest either because she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter