THREE

Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, why did your mom set up this dinner for us?" She began to talked before wiped her lips with napkin.

As soon as the food landed in front of us on the table, we ate without a words spat out from our mouth. Only the sound of fork and knife clashing while we ate and the sound of my ring clinked when I grabbed the wine glass.

"She just want us to know each other better." I replied calmly.

"I know you and I know, you also know me." She said, make me flinched.

I don't know this new of you.

I nodded my head slowly, "Yeah, but we've to know more about each other before we get married."

She chuckled, "Yifan, let me tell you something," she her upper lips,

"We don't have to do that. You do your own work while I do mine. I don't interupt your life so you don't interupt mine."

Sharped!

I clicked my tongue, "So what is this marriage means for?"

"Nothing, this is nothing. We agree because of my YeYe and your NaiNai that's all."

"So, that's mean -"

"That's mean this is a contract marriage. We act we're good in front of them just to make them happy. Once they both die, I'm going to file a divorce."

Cough.

"How could you do that?" I groaned.

Rude.

"Don't act like you don't agree it, Yifan. This is the only way that you can live with your girlfriend later." She said.

I don't have girlfriend!

"Don't you think this is too much?" I asked.

"This is nothing compared to what you had done to me 4 years ago." She smirked.

Where's the innoncent Jia that  I used to know?

"That..." I gulped my saliva, "I'm sorry. It's not my inten -"

"Shut up, I don't want to hear anything about that!" She snapped.

Then, she woke up from her seat, "Now we've finish eat, sent me back home. I've work tomorrow." With that, she left me alone who still seat on the chair, I'm speechless.

She don't want to hear my explaination. Why did she acted like this? Why can't she just accept me and love me like she did 4 years ago? Why she didn't give me a second chance?

 

While I was driving over the main road, none of us talked. Okay, let's stop this. I'm sick of this silence,

"Jia, if you don't agree about this marriage, I can asked my NaiNai to cancel it."

She turned to look at me, sparkles flashed over her beautiful eyes as I turned to look at her, "Really?" She asked while show me her smiled.

"I don't want to force you do the things that you don't like." I said.

What's the meaning if I'm married with her and at the end, we only going to divorce. This is pointless.

"No, let's just get through this. I don't want to dissapointed my grandparent." She's frowned suddenly.

"I don't like to -"

"Don't worry. I'm not taking any advantages on you. You can also meet your girlfriend and don't feels bad about it."

"I don't have girlfriend!" I snapped.

Stop using 'girlfriend' as an excuse.

"You can lie your mom but not me." She's frowning again.

This is not Jia that I used to know. She will always smiles and frowning is not in her life vocabulary. She will at least show her less expression if she doesn't like something. She never snapped at me. She never ever frowned at me but now...

"I'm not lying! It's true I don't have girlfriend."

"Whatever, Yifan. Can you please drive fast?"

I sighed. This going to be hard as ever.

 

"How's your dinner?" My mom asked me while I was ed my shirt and take off my tie.

"Good." I replied.

"That's not sound good. Did the foods tasteless?" She asked me again.

"No, mama. Just, Jia really don't want this. Can we stop it?" I gave up and let out my sighed.

"The last thing I know about Wang Jia Yi is she loves Wu Yifan so much. How can she don't want this?"

What?

"Mama, did she ever told you she love me?" I asked while crossed my arms over my chest.

"Never but those letters is telli -"

"You opened my box!" Oh my god. Don't tell me mama has read all that.

"I don't mean to sneaked out your properties. I just wandered what inside the box." She looks innoncent. I can't get angry to her.

"Mama..." I speechless.

"Yes, Kris. I read those letters that came from a person name Wang Jia Yi. That necklace is from her, right? That tattoo is a drawing from her too, right?" She pointed over my necklace that I wore beneath my shirt, hiding it from people from see it. I had scorpion tattoo on my left arm, as she draw it and gave me her drawing as my birthday gifts.

"Mama, you can't do that." I dropped myself on the edge of my bed. It's tiring lately.

"I want to know why she don't want all this while she had showed her affection toward you since in high school, even you not in the same school? Or, is it you who don't want this? She was true, right? You have girlfriend?"

I shooked my head, "No, ma. I really don't have girlfrien -"

"Then?"

"Just... Something happened make her hate me," I wrapped my face with my hands. It's my simple fault, that I can choose to not do it.

"What is it? Let me fix it for you."

I let out my sighed walk to grabbed my towel, "No, ma. Nothing can fix this. It was my fault." I said stopped at the middle of my room.

"Kris, she really can care you. I don't have time, I need to bring NaiNai back to Canada. Who's going to take care of you here?" She's hissed.

"I can take care myself, ma. I'm old enough to -"

"What, Kris, what? I know my son. If I'm not here, you're not going to eat properly. You not even like those foods from restaurants. You have gastric. You always being sick because skipped your meals. You don't know how to take care of yourself!"

"Then you think she can take of me?" I raised up my voice, I don't have any intentions to do that just, I failed to control myself,

"She hate me. After you and NaiNai back to Canada and left me here, she's going to ignore me. Not same as what you expect she will do!"

"Because she love you! She love you so she will take care of you!" Mama not even flinched with my voices as she keep with her anger's tone.

"No, ma. You're wrong. That's all was passed. She's not love me anymore!" I fight back again.

"What you did to her!?"

"Nothing..." I replied, helpless. Mom doesn't need to know.

"Tell me, Kris! What?"

"Ma..."

"If you don't want to tell me, then I will ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter