Mark and Nana's Conversation

Trainee Life

I was first to arrive to the cafeteria, so I got a good seat near the food area. I started eating my food, and I felt sick. I felt like puking, so I took my pill out. I almost ate the pill, until Mark took the pill away. He grabbed my arms and told me to follow him.

“Where are we going? Let go of me, it hurts!” I said.

“My dorm, so we can talk about something that is personal to me.” Mark said.

“Wait, let’s go to my dorm first, so I can set up my bed. This way if I come back late, then people won’t know that I was gone. They likely think that I was sleeping.” I said.

We got that done, and we went to Mark’s dorm. He shares the dorm with JB and Youngjae, so he must be really close with them already.

“What did you want to tell me?” I asked.

“My younger sister had the same illness as you did. She passed away at the age of 13. She passed away a few months ago, and she starve herself, because nobody liked her at school. I wanted to stand up for her like a man, but I just couldn’t. I was too timid.” Mark started crying.

“Awee, I’m sorry about that. Bullying affects so many people. I also became anorexic because of bullying, so your sister and I aren’t that much different.” I wrapped my arms around him.

“Also it has already passed, so I’m sure your sister is in heaven looking over you. She’ll be happy to know that you are doing well.” I said.

“The only reason I became an idol, because it was my sister’s dream to become one. I would like to take her place and become an idol. I never really liked singing or dancing until now.” Mark teared up once again.

“You are so kind to pursue on her dream, but it’s most important to her if you actually want to become an idol. Do you want to become an idol?” I asked him seriously.

“Well when I first auditioned, I didn’t really want to become an idol. Now that I have seen how serious people are about becoming an idol. It encouraged to me work hard, so that I can also become an idol. There are many talented people here!” Mark quietly spoke.

“Ah okay, and yup. I think when I first entered the dance floor, I saw how talented each dancer was. It just made me think about how bad I am, so I told myself I won’t give up even if I’m super tired.” I said.