Eight

Branded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You know you don't have to do this." Eunwoo at Bin's clasped hands, trying to ease the nervousness he knew the other male must be feeling. He had gone through the same thing, in the exact same place months ago.

Bin unfolded his hands, catching Eunwoo's own so that it was resting between his palms. "I know. But I want to." He took a lingering glance at the complicated sketches on the walls and a steadying breath. "Besides, you had to go through this on your own. If you can do it, then so can I."

The female receptionist - who also served as the tattoo parlor's cashier - looked up from the magazine she was reading; thin lips pursed at hearing snatches of their conversation. Her interest in Eunwoo was evident from the way she was trying to find every opportunity to sneak glances at him. And it wasn't only her though, the two other patrons who arrived much earlier for their appointed time were also casting looks their way. Normally, Bin would have been furious at the attention his lover was getting, but seeing how Eunwoo only had eyes for him made him feel cherished - secure in the knowledge that although others would always look, they would never have what was his. 

"Binnie, this is not a test of courage. You don't have to prove anything to me. I did what I did because I wanted a reminder of you with me always." Eunwoo shrugged, pretending at nonchalance. "I mean, I could have thought of doing something else but the tattoos were permanent just like how I want you in my life." He blushed bright red at his own statement. They've both said incredibly mushy stuff to each other before, just not within hearing of complete strangers.

"I know that." Bin assured him. "And that's why I'm doing this as well."

Eunwoo shifted in his seat, chewing thoughtfully at his lower lip. It was incredibly romantic really, both of them sharing the same mark - a secret branding that signified they belonged to one another. But he was also considering the repercussions of their actions, although they managed to escape punitive actions from their agency by sorting out their problems on their own, he wasn't entirely sure they'd let them go unscathed if they found out about the matching tattoos. There was a strict stipulation on their contracts about any physical modifications needing consultation before they could be done - which meant everything from the mundane like getting their hair trimmed to the outrageous such as getting enhancements or other piercings would need express consent from their management.

"You look worried." Bin commented, playfully running the tip of a forefinger along Eunwoo's jaw line. He longed to lean over and follow up with nibbling kisses but they were in public. The hot gaze Eunwoo gave him in return told of his own desires but the necessity to keep themselves in check won over.

"A bit. Don't get me wrong, Bin. I'm not ashamed I have this and I'm ready for the consequences if management finds out,  but I don't want you getting in trouble for doing the same thing."

"Then I'll get in trouble. You're not the only one prepared for the consequences." Bin replied with a confidence that Eunwoo wished he could share. It was a different thing to rebel against company policies on his own. It was another thing to bring another group member into it. Bin must have noticed the furrows on the other male's forehead deepening because he nudged him by the shoulder. "I'm the one getting the tattoo here, shouldn't I be the one who's nervous?"

"Bin - "

"Are you Bin?" A man peeked into the waiting area. Clad in a loose, generic black shirt and cargo pants with a snap-back perched lopsidedly on his head, Ssab looked more like a customer than a celebrated tattooist. Instagram famous for his posts on miniature tattoos done on supposedly taboo areas of the human body; Eunwoo found him while doing research on unusual tokens of loyalty. He was carrying a tablet on one hand which Eunwoo knew from his own personal experience had his list of appointments for the day.

"That'll be me." Bin raised his hand warily to which Ssab acknowledged with an amused nod. He was used to dealing with jittery first-timers.

"Ready?" The tattooist asked; his warm nature belying the pain he inflicts to render his art on skin. He checked his tablet again. "You're a minimalist just like Dongmin?"

Bin glanced at the male beside him. So, Eunwoo gave him his real name then? "I prefer traditionally classic."

"If you say so." Ssab smirked. "Have you decided on where you want to put it?" 

During the first few KKT messages they've exchanged to set up the appointment, Bin had been undecided as to what part of his body was going to get inked. He wanted it somewhere meaningful, a place on his anatomy where it would bear significance but still remain rather inconspicuous. The messages ended without a definite answer but with an assurance that Bin would have it figured out by the time of his appointment.

"Yeah. I've thought of a good place for it."

"Where?" Eunwoo piped up, interest piqued. He had allowed Bin this secrecy despite their earlier promises to each other to be completely honest. He didn't even ask what design his lover picked.  Eunwoo didn't want to make the other male feel in any way obligated to go through the inking by prying too much. But now that they were here, he gave way to his curiosity.

Instead of replying though, Bin stood up and smiled mysteriously. "You'll see later."

"You mean I don't get to see it go on?" Eunwoo face fell. He had hoped to hold Bin's hand during the entire process, offering comfort if not a convenient squeeze toy in times of extreme pain. He knew his lover was already feeling anxious, anticipating the multiple pinpricks that will bear down on his too-sensitive skin even before they arrived there. He couldn't hide his amazement when Bin ultimately chose to go at it alone.

Just like he did.

"Ssab-hyung..."

The tattooist certainly wasn't oblivious. He figured there was something more than just close friendship between the two males from the fond looks they were exchanging. And from the amount of concern obviously leeching from Eunwoo's voice, he knew Bin meant so much more to him than what he initially let on during their first introduction. He sup

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter