Seven (Part One)

Branded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One of life's greatest ironies, Bin discovered, was that once you've made up your mind about doing something... life was going to do its damnest to mess it up for you. In his case, it was finding enough time alone with Eunwoo. It had been days since his discussion with Sanha and he feared that the Kitkat bar their youngest member had given to him as an opener had already melted from all the time it spent inside his pockets while he waited for that perfect chance to use it. Ultimately though, he had to resort to something else. Something he had been resisting doing since Sanha planted the idea in his head. 

He finally asked Jinjin for help.

It wasn't that he was completely averse to the idea of being in Jinjin's debt. It was more like he didn't like another person knowing that he needed help in the first place. But what was he supposed to do? He couldn't very well ask their manager for a copy of Eunwoo's schedule because that would lead to awkward questions as why he couldn't ask Eunwoo himself. And nothing short of actually filching a copy for himself would have gotten him one. Except, of course, if he was Jinjin - the band leader being generally apprised of what each member ought to be doing at any given time of the day if they were not all together in one place.

Bin was expecting Jinwoo to make things difficult for him; maybe even take erse pleasure in watching him beg. His jaw nearly hit the floor, however, when his hyung simply took out his phone and sent him a jpeg copy of Eunwoo's timetable, all neatly penciled in, including breaks as well as the times he would be alone in the dorms. Those were highlighted in green. 

"How did you know I would -" Bin glanced up from the phone to the smirk on Jinjin's face.

The leader crossed his arms over his chest. "A very bruised, gigantic bird may have told me you were going to need it."

"Sanha should really learn to shut up."

"Be happy that he didn't or you won't have that. I wouldn't have given you a copy if I suspected you were planning on confronting Eunwoo rather than actually talking to him."

Bin bowed his head, ashamed. He knew that his frightful bursts of temper and the subsequent bouts of gloomy silence had put a strain on the dynamic of the entire group  - his team mates often finding themselves scrambling to cover up some inadvertent act or snide comment he may have let slip during the group's public engagements. "I'm sorry, hyung. I know that when Eunwoo and I came out to you guys we agreed about certain things. And well, I ended up dropping the ball on this one, didn't I? But I'm going to fix it."

"You better." Jinwoo grumbled, forehead knitting itself into a deep frown. "Management is starting to ask uncomfortable questions. And although they're tolerant of your relationship, they wouldn't stand for any fall-out from it. You have to fix this because it isn't just your lovelife on the line if you don't."

"I understand."

"Do you really?"

Oh, how he hated it when his Jinjin-hyung put on his leader cap and went all righteously indignant on him. But then again, Bin supposed he deserved it. The situation could have been resolved much earlier, without Sanha's meddling, had he reacted to Eunwoo's more recent friendly overtures. The other male had been trying, in his usual understated way, to express his desire to return to normalcy. It was with small gestures; passing him his drinking water, handing over his lunch, tossing him his towel after practice... all done with a hopeful smile  - actions intended to open up the lines of communication between them. 

But Bin, stubborn as a mule, chose not to take the hint. His controlling nature overrode his need to patch things up with Eunwoo. He wanted it done on different terms. Too many of their arguments as friends, and then as a couple, went unresolved; forced back from the forefront of their minds in favor of keeping the harmony within the group. He wasn't going to allow that to happen now. He and Eunwoo were going to talk -seriously talk - and hash out everything that went wrong before they even make an attempt at normalcy again.

And that was how he found himself staring at the door of the room he shared with Eunwoo; feeling anxiety course through his entire frame. So much depended on him being able to resolve things with him. So much had already been done to guarantee his success. Bin was beginning to feel the pressure and it made him quake inside. What if things didn't work out? 

Not-so-subtle manueverings finally gave him free time that corresponded with that of Eunwoo's. The dorm was also blessedly free of the presence of the other members. Another favor owed to their band leader; Jinwoo managing to persuade Rocky and Myung Jun to go to the theater with him where they would be meeting Sanha after he gets out of school. 

From the inside, he could hear the other male moving around. Bin took a deep, fortifying breath before turning the knob. His other hand patted the lump of wafer and chocolate that was inside his pants pocket, the nervous racing of his heart somewhat mollified knowing it was there. "Eunwoo, I need to -"

The words died inside his throat; his thoughts choked off by the sight he saw behind the door. A sight that never failed to make his mouth run dry and his breath catch. Eunwoo was standing at the far end of the room, facing a floor-length mirror they had propped against the wall. His hair was wet from a recent shower, fat water droplets falling from his silken locks down to his bare torso. 

Bin's eyes followed the delicate lines of the other male's broad shoulders, to the creamy expanse of his back and then down to his tapered waist; the rest of his body's curves disappearing underneath the band of his loose pajamas. There was a stray droplet that made it's way down the shallow valley of Eunwoo's spine and Bin caught himself at the sudden dryness on his lips, remembering their intimate moments; the other male keening with pleasure when his tongue took the same route further downward until...

His slow, languid appreciaton didn't go unnoticed. Eunwoo's right eyebrow quirked up in interest as he watched the other boy watch him from the reflection in the mirror. In an uncharacteristic show of brazenness, he half turned, back muscles flexing as he met Bin's eyes over his shoulder. He wasn't hiding anymore and there was a mixture of heat and open invitation to his gaze. "Yes?"

Bin blinked. Then swallowed hard. All thought and reason vanished from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter