Three

Branded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bin checked his phone for the nth time, sighing audibly when he swiped at the screen and found nothing. No notifications from any of the usual messaging apps. Nothing for four days from Eunwoo. He thought back to the days before they separated; the band members having been given a much deserved six -day break to spend the thanksgiving holidays with their families. And try as he might, he couldn't recall anything that he had said or done that could possibly merit being ignored for four straight days.

Jinjin stepped up beside him, looking curiously at the phone and then at Bin's face and then noting the frown that was creasing his band member's forehead.

"What's going on?" He sipped at the coffee in his hand even as he covertly tried to peek at the device.

The question barely registered as Bin's grip tightened around the sleek body of his phone before shoving it inside his pants pocket. "Where the hell is he?" He muttered, face darkening.

"Eunwoo?" Jinjin, of course, needn't have asked. It was always Eunwoo with Bin these days. 

The younger one had the courtesy to blush at the question. Truth be told, he was being a terrible host. Meeting up for coffee with his band hyung's had been his idea in the first place. His own mother practically shooed  him out of the house, not wanting to deal with her sullen son who was obsessively staring at his phone during the holidays instead of interacting with his own family. Bin had hoped the unplanned outing would take his mind off worrying why he hadn't heard from his boyfriend, but all it did was make him miss the other male more. The four of them had always gone out to coffee shops together whenever their schedules allowed. 

"He hasn't responded to any of my messages." Bin admitted, jaw set in a hard line. "I tried calling but it goes straight to voicemail."

"Have you tried contacting his younger brother?" Jinjin sat down on a chair beside him, still cradling the hot cup in his hands.

Bin shook his head. The idea had occured to him, of course, but how was he going to explain his desperation to reach Eunwoo to his younger sibling without the other one thinking he was weird? They were going to see each other in a few days after all, so what was the rush?

"Look. He's probably deep into family stuff. I mean, he hasn't seen them in a long time and -"

"So he couldn't even spare a few minutes to talk to me? Maybe even to lame text me a hi?" Bin grumbled and then immediately hated himself for it. He sounded so maudlin and bitter even his hyung seemed surprised. 

And yet, he couldn't stop himself.

Jinjin couldn't come up with any other ideas as to why their fellow member went off the grid. He could only offer comfort by downplaying Eunwoo's absence. "Don't stress yourself about it. I'm pretty sure there's a good explanation for all this."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter