Six

Branded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"This thing between you two is getting ridiculous! Just talk to each other please."

Bin chose to ignore Rocky's flailing as he spoke, concentrating rather on laying down his sleeping futon on the floor just so it was perfectly parallel to the couch. The length of the sofa would provide enough protection just in case the other members wandered sleepily into the livingroom. He had learned the hard way his first night sleeping there when Sanha's big feet managed to collide with the top of his head, the group's bean pole stumbling blind in the dark towards the kitchen for a glass of milk in the middle of the night. 

"Are you even listening to me, hyung?"

No, he wasn't. Instead, Bin had his hands perched on his waist, legs akimbo while he surveyed the selection of thick comforters he had placed on the couch. Plucking the dark blue one, he folded it in two before placing it on top of the futon, thinking it would provide enough cushioning and protection from the cold. He dropped two pillows on to the pallet before grabbing another comforter, fluffing it open as he stretched on his makeshift bed to cover himself.

"Hyung!" Rocky stomped his feet, looking down on the prone figure that he knew was pretending not to hear him.

Bin made a show of taking off his glasses and placing them on top of the sofa. He rubbed at his eyes before he finally gave Rocky his attention. "What?'

"Stop it with this foolishness with Eunwoo-hyung already." Rocky blurted out, uncaring if his tone was bordering on desperate. "You can't keep living out of a plastic box in a room that's already crowded. We can barely move in there without stubbing our toes on your ."

He meant the plastic storage box that Bin managed to commandeer from Fantagio's supply room just so he could have a place to put some of his clothes; all in his effort to keep to his foolish promise to let Eunwoo have their room to himself. Instead of replying, Bin turned to face the couch, waving a dismissve hand at his best friend. "Go to sleep. I'll move the box in the morning."

"You mean you'll go back to sleep in your own room?" Rocky asked hopefully. "You'll talk to Eunwoo-hyung?"

"I'll move the box tomorrow." Bin replied, punching at his pillow until he got it into the right shape to cradle his head. "Go to bed."

"Hyung, seriously -"

"Yes," Bin all but growled, not bothering to sugar-coat his annoyance that Rocky refused to drop the subject despite his pointed attempts to not pay him any mind. "Seriously Park Minhyuk, go to sleep!" 

The last sentence was delivered with such vehemence, Rocky had no recourse but to traipse back into the room he shared with the other three members, muttering under his breath about hyungs who ought to know better.

That idiot, Bin thought to himself. Didn't he know that there was nothing else in the world he would like more than to be back in his own room, lie in the comfort of his own bunk and bask in Eunwoo's presence, even though they seem to be just short of tolerating each other's existence at the moment? Lucky though that the aforementioned male was out filming something with Sanha and he didn't hear anything of the brief discussion he had with Rocky. 

Things had been tense in the group since he made the declaration to sleep elsewhere. The easy banter they had going before was replaced with murmurs between the other four members that would suddenly stop whenever he or Eunwoo entered the room. Of course, it was obvious enough that they were being talked about although the others refrained to ask them outright what was wrong. Even Jinjin - the group's so-called moderator, Mr. let'stalk-about-it - kept himself away from the situation.

Bin would catch Eunwoo looking at him sometimes; wistful gazes that lasted for the briefest of moments before that porcelain mask of cold perfection slides back into place and the boy he thought he knew is hidden once more. Their eyes would meet on the practice room mirror, across the tables during meals; the shortest of contacts that seemed to communicate longing, before one or both of them would turn away. Bin wanted to think that Eunwoo was just as affected as he was by the sudden absence of the closeness they once shared. But there was also a part of him that thought maybe he was imagining all of those moments; his mind hallucinating events that were significant only to him.

He was about to drop off to sleep when he heard the chimes of their security door sound. That meant Eunwoo and Sanha were home from their schedule. There was muffled scrambling at the entrance, the two probably struggling out of their shoes before entering the foyer (which is a really fancy word for that nearly non-existent walkway from the door to their livingroom). He burrowed deeper into his blanket; made the effort to regulate his breathing while he kept his eyes clamped shut. His ears, though, strained to hear what was being said. 

"Oh? He's sleeping here again?" Sanha grumbled, socked feet shuffling across the wooden floor. "Really this hyung."

"Shhh. You'll wake him." Bin heard Eunwoo chastise their youngest member in a near whisper. 

"Are you two ever going to talk about what's going on?" Sanha muttered. "Binnie can't sleep here forever."

Instead of answering him though, Eunwoo shoved at the youngest's shoulders as he pointed to the direction of the bathroom. "Go wash up."

"I'm too tired. Besides, you haven't answered me yet." Sanha, surprisingly steady on his feet, stood his ground.

"I'm not going to because it's none of your business!" 

"What do you mean it's none of my business? I'm in the same band. I see you guys every day. I'm bothered by this every day. I think I'm allowed to ask why the rest of us are being made to feel uncomfortable just because the two of you can't deal with whatever's bothering you." The youngest reasoned in a whispered hiss.

"Sanha. Go to your room."

Bin could almost imagine their youngest pouting his displeasure, lips pursed so tightly his mouth looked like a shriveled prune. But Eunwoo was using that tone of voice that brooked no argument. The same tone, Bin realized, that he had used on Rocky earlier, just not as loudly. Sanha's sense of self-preservation finally kicked in. Mumbling unintelligibly to himself, he made his way into the room he shared with the others - again, much like what Rocky had done earlier as well. He waited for the sound of a door closing, and then heard the telltale creak on the floor that told of Eunwoo shifting his weight.

Bin thought that after making sure Sanha was safely inside that Eunwoo would retreat back into the room they shared before. Instead though, he can still feel his presence; the air in the livingroom subtly scented with the boy's favorite cologne. And there was sighing, heavy and emotional before Bin felt the side of his pallet dip slightly with added weight. Fingers, soft and hesitant, began to at his hair. The smell of Eunwoo's preferred hand cream mixing with his cologne...

"I miss you." Eunwoo whispered near his ear as his fingers continued their ministrations. "I don't know if you can hear me...but I miss you so much, Bin." 

Bin's muscles locked under the blanket, chest barely rising with his breaths. He was afraid that if he made any slight move Eunwoo would draw away and he would never get to hear the things he couldn't say to him had he been awake. He feared for his heart though. It was thudding so loudly against his ribcage he was almost sure Eunwoo could hear it.

"I'm sorry. I know you're here because of me. I'm so sorry for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter