Final Encounter

Idols Are Here

School was almost over. I heard they just wrapped up the show too. I texted Claire to get my backpack that I left in the classroom. I was so ashamed to face the idols again after I just leave them without any explanation. I waited at the end of the hallway. The hallway was so quiet.

As I was waiting for her, a guy came out from the classroom. Daehyun. I was awestruck. His eyes gazed into mine. But then he entered the room again. Since I was so restless I decided to enter an empty classroom on the floor. The school emptied the entire classroom at the floor for the show.

I gasped. He did look at me though. I sat on a chair next to the window.

Creak.. A creaking sound from the front door was heard.

“Y/N !!”, Claire and Dahee entered. “You okay?”, Claire asked, looking at my bandaged hand.

“Okay.. It’s nothing”

“Gijibe-yah, you are so careless. How could you fall in the restroom?”

“Who told you that?”, I asked curiously.

“Jihye.. She told us that you slip in the bathroom so you asked her to replace you”, Claire explained.

I sighed heavily. Damn that girl. I took my bag from Claire and we walked out of the room.

As I paced out of the room, I was surprised by three familiar figures in front of the classroom. They are waiting for me. Hell nah.

I bowed at them. “A-annyeonghaseyo..”, I stuttered a little. Honestly I was a little disappointed at them today. But seeing them up close made me feel better. Dahee and Claire excused themselves.

“You okay?”, Youngjae asked. I just nodded. I glanced at Daehyun. Awk~ward.

“Your hand. That might hurt so badly”, Yongguk stated. He seemed worried a little.

“It’s nothing.. “, I moved my hand like nothing happened. Honestly that hurt a lot.

Silence. Gulped. I looked at them.

"We're truly sorry for today. We should have chosen you from the beginning .. Instead we choose the others.. You are our---", Youngjae spoke up. I just smiled.

"It's okay.. I have no right to force you to choose me.. I'm your fan not your girlfriend--", I lowered my voice at the last sentence. The hell is that. I quickly covered, "--Instead, I have a great time to see you guys.. Haha".

Suddenly a gust of fresh air blew along the hallway and the wind blew through my hair. I fixed my hair as quickly as I can. Gosh why did my hair have to become messy in front of them?

Out of the blue, Daehyun suddenly touched my hair that covering half of my face and tucked it behind my ear. I was taken aback so as the others. I brushed his soft hand away. Oh my weak fangirl heart.

“You have a scratch on your cheek? I don’t see it before the lunch”, he said. Youngjae also tried to see it up close.

I quickly covered my cheek, hiding the scratch. “Ah, it is nothing. I must get the scratch during the fall haha”, I told him, lying.

“Yongguk-ah!!”, a guy (must be their manager) called, gesturing that the others are waiting for them. Yongguk nodded at him.

“Thank you for today and I’m so happy even we only spend a little time together”, I thanked them, bowing my head a little. “Then… I’ll get going. You all must have to go now”, I said again. We exchanged a bow before they paced off the hallway, walking to their black van.

Claire held my left hand. Since when did she come her though. “You okay right”, she asked. I smiled and nodded.

We then walked off the hallway too. I don’t even look at their van for the last time. That’ll only make me sadder. I came today, hoping that I could spend a good time with them but I got nothing except for being notice as a mere fan. I should have got a gift or a selca time at least. I sighed under my breath.

“So who get Daehyun’s gift?”, I asked them after a long silence. Claire and Dahee only looked at each other. “—Ah, that’s right”

Honk!! Honk!! A van honked at us and parked next to us. The window was rolled down. I could see all of the idols in there. “Here! I forget to give you this just now. Have a great day”, Daehyun smiled warmly. I took the wrapped box from his hand. The van started to move again. He waved at us as the van leaved the school. Oh my God! I looked at Claire and Dahee. Speechless. I was out of words. What just happened?

“Don’t be surprised. He said that he’ll give it to you”, Claire spoke up.

“W-what? What do you mean?”

“He said that earlier, in class, that only you deserve the gift. He even left a video message for you. You should watch the broadcast. I’m not gonna tell you haha”, Dahee said, teasing me. I was so curious. I looked at the gift box. There’s a piece of paper attached to it. I opened it.

Shoot. I looked at the black van for the last time before it made the turn onto the main road. Jung Daehyun..

-THE END-

 

There'll be a Chuseok special for the Idols Are Here and you are voted by the viewers to join the episode. Wait for it~