Lucky?

Idols Are Here

 

Mr. Seonho was standing in front of the class, holding a piece of paper, which I was so sure the list of the students that’ll stay for the variety show. He scanned the class, a small smile curled on the corner of his lips as he observed the face of the girls hoping immensely to get chosen. He started reading the names.

“Jung Dahee”

Not my name.

“Yoo Ara”

Still. Not my name.

“Baek Yonghwa”

Gosh. Please call my name sir.

“Jung Hana”

No!!! No!!!

“Claire Kim”

How lucky is Claire. Where is my name, sir?

“Lee Soyeon”

OMG~~ .I started to lose my hope. Sighed.

“Y/N”

My eyes opened as wide as my mouth. WHAT?? Did I hear it wrong? My name~~

“And finally Han Eunbyul. So that’s the students that’ll stay here. The others pack your bag and follow me to the study hall”

“—And for the students that are chosen, the PD-nim for the show will brief later. Wait for him here and behave! Got it?”

“Got it!!”, all 8 of us replied back exuberantly.

 

After the briefing, I was instructed to sit at the back of the class, next to Claire. There were 14 seats, 8 for the students and 6 for the idols. The unlucky two won’t get partnered with the idols, which is the evil reality of the “Idols are here”. I was happy enough to let them notice me but to not get partnered up with them will be obviously sad. Ah, don’t let it be me.