A Friend in Need

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello to beutiful and sweet viewers out there!!! Everyone, thanks for supporting this story and more people are voting up for this fanfic to!!! I'm supper happy about it, like, I can't stop smiling!

Also i want to say my apology for not updating the story yesterday eventhough i promised that i'll update yesterday. I just want to add more to the story before postng it up ya know.

So yeah, please don't forget to vote and comment more on your thoughts about it. I'm super open-minded about it so you don't have to worry if you think you're offending me. Just imagine you're talking to your friend!

 

Anyways. . . enjoy the story!!! Usagi Out! 

 

 

 

Amber PoV

 

 

“Sigh~ I don't know anymore.” I mumbles in disappointment; in defeat to find a single member who will be willing to joint my group.

 

I guess everyone has decided on their group members in a swift, leaving me hopelessly walking to ask everyone like a psycho but the final answer from each person I ask is a flat straight ‘I'm sorry, I have my own group.’ reply.

 

How am I going to break it to Jackson? I twirl my thumbs as I space out while looking at my book.

 

Just when I am sitting at the chair in desperation, a gentle pat on my shoulders makes me shudder in response.

 

“I heard you're looking for team members for the upcoming project. Is the vacancy still available?” Said the feminine voice ringing in my ears.

 

She looks almost like a mischievous Fennac Fox from the Sahara of North Africa, shorter than my height but still she admits a warm essence that makes me more than willing to agree with her to become a comrade in arms.

 

“Yes, I would love to!” I squeal in excitement, my eyes glittering happily as I see her, holding onto her hands tightly as if a saviour has descend down to bless my unlucky day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I saunter down the streets, walking giddily back to the condo. If anything, I'm super happy that the pretty girl could join me for the upcoming team project.

 

Then something hit me like a lighting that bolts into the neurones of my brain. Oh, I forgot to ask for her name, but at least she gave me her number. Now, that's the least of my problem to distraught my mind with worries to find another member to join my group since she promised that there'll be other member that'll join as well.

 

It's past midnight already and I'm still walking slowly to the condo to enjoy the cool breeze that passes by, blowing my hair, making it to a mess when I reach back home.

 

Nights like this is where I'll take a detour back home to enjoy the nature, hearing the sound of the water splashing silently, my steady footsteps that emits a crunching sound on the icy ground while gazing the stars that laid before the dark sky, shinning radiantly more than ever. I could see misty cloud escaping from lips as I breathe calmly while admiring the serene mature tonight. It calms me down whenever I walk pass by the river.

 

I wonder Kry- Soojung has arrived home safely? She doesn't even tell me when she'll come home too. She'll be fine right?

 

Maybe I worry too much. She'll be fine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She hasn't come back home yet. It's already 2 a.m.!!! I had compartmentalised my things, setting some of my essentials onto the table, pulshies on the bed, my garments into the wardrobe, shampoos in the bathroom, then getting myself washed up for bed. Yet, she's not home even though its already this late. She's a 'man' magnet and if she hasn't come back now, my mind itself could work to indicate that she's not safe and my hunch say this is a bad news.

 

After that, I wander in the kitchen, placing the frozen poultry to the lower compartment. Ah! Soojung, does she like pork or beef?

 

Maybe I should call her. I dial in to her number, awaiting for her to pick up her phone. Well, she did wrote her phone number behind the paper that she handed to me earlier; the password to the condo.

 

My sensitive ear could hear a groan from the other line. Oh she picked up!

 

“. . .um, Soojung?”

 

“Who's this~” I could hear a sloppy voice from the end of the line.

 

“Amber.” I answered. I feel uneasy by the way she sounds.

 

“Who?”

 

“. . .soojung, it's me Amber.” I said hastily, only to receive a silent pause from her.

 

“Hell-”

 

Then, she butts in a swift that made me pull the phone away from my ear momentarily when the loud dolphin voice shrieking cheerily. “. . .oh! I remember~ Amber!! Dork! *hicc whatcha’ doing?”

 

“. . .are you drunk?!” I ask briskly, finding her usual calm composure has been shattered in a split second.

 

“No way~ I'm perfectly fine!” She insists, which is the most unconvincing way to persuade me that she's fine.

 

Sigh. Everyone, most of my friends usually call me when they are drunk due to heartbreaks from their ex or because they fail their test or going through a tough time, so I could tell at this point that Soojung is DEFINITELY drunk.

 

“Where are you?” I said raspily, taking the coat on the chair.

 

“Me? Ahaha. I'm um. . .I don't know. . .hey, what's the name of this bar?” I could hear a low deep voice, answering her question.

 

I wait for her response, picking up some essentials and stuff then into the mini bag before departing from the condo.

 

“Dork~ he said its RnB Bar.”

 

She sure is handful. I just pray she'll be out of danger, especially boys picking up on her. I run across the damn town, taking a cab while wearing a black mask and cap, a black hoodie and black trousers from my closet. I really look a suspicious person who'll commit a crime or maybe a spy who’ll have to set on a journey to the bar to bring back the princess from danger. I’m not surprise if anyone would hit on her though.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author PoV

 

 

She could barely see her surrounding, dropping her head from time to time tipsily.

 

"Hey, beautiful. Wanna have a drink?" Said a tall handsome guy with a natural silver colour hair, his front hair fixed in an upright position along with his dashing smile in a navy blue three piece suit. She eyes him, crossing her slender legs while holding her glass infused with a red wine; 20 years old, as the dim lights lights illuminates a bloody red colour from her drink. She shrugs her shoulder and grimace.

 

"Look. I'm not a good mood so why don't you spare your pick up lines with some other girls because you don't appeal to me." She said bluntly.

 

Hearing a girl saying like that surely challenges a man's pride, especially when he's accompanied by two other men behind him.

 

"You're drinking red wine right? I'll recommend you some other drinks in this bar. And all of them are on me." He gives a charming smirk on his lips, shamelessly touching her arms, much to her displeasure.

 

"Don't touch me." She swiftly slaps his hand off her arm.

 

"Wow. I like her already. Feisty." Said the man's companion.

 

"Come on. It'll be fun." The man's friend urges again, saying in a sultry voice.

 

This time her patience is running thin. She clicks her tongue in irritation, agitated with men's being slow witted to compromise her words.

 

"Can you not understand that I want to be left alone?"

 

"Oh come on. It'll be so boring to be alone. Hang out with us."

 

"That's it, I'm out." She hissed, getting up from her chair, taking her purse and storm away from the men. She never intend to get friendly with any other guy that easily, no matter how drunk she gets. Her vision may be blur but a different masculine scent makes her flinch, putting her guard up. She’ll naturally brush them away, hating that anyone would touch her body shamelessly. However, she is halted as the man grabs her arm tightly.

 

“Hey, are you actually leaving on me? Who do you think you are?!”

 

"Let me go." She tries very hard to maintain her sanity right now. Her emotions are currently not stable with the 20th glass of wine kicking in her system affecting her mood swings.

 

"Just have fun with us. We will keep you company. "he persuades with his devilish grin, not ready to give up for a hot chick like her just yet. Her body has the curves in the perfect places and letting her off the hook is something he could never forgive himself. He’ll have a taste of her no matter what!

 

Krystal wriggles her hand from his grip. Despite the firm structures of the man, to Krystal, it was like a slap on her hand.

 

"Let me go or else." She said threateningly.

 

"Oh, so whatca gonna do? Try to hit me?"

 

Krystal was feeling high at the moment. She grins evilly. "Oh? Maybe I'll do that."

 

Her voice seems to shaken the men, shuddering in fear for her presence.

 

"So, which one of you would you like to start the fight?" She walk in a stupor manner, laughs maliciously.

 

"Lucky you. I'll just do you then." She said giddily, raising her fist to slam hard onto his face without mercy, wanting to hear the scream of the man crying out for her mercy with his bones cracking as she breaks his nose. She is quite eager, starving for blood due to her pent up emotions circling in a spiral motion in her heart. And the alcohol abrupting the functions of her brain is not helping her to cool her nerves at all.

 

Just as she was about to raise her fist, an instant thud from behind made her halt to whatever she had stored in mind. She struggles from her tight grip, yet Amber still try to hug her in her embrace.

 

“Let me go!” Krystal yells, sinking her nails onto Amber’s arm, scratching them harshly, demanding her to release her.

 

"Soojung, don't do this!!!!" Amber blurts out spontaneously.

 

“Calm down. It’s me, Amber. I’ll get you out from her so calm down, okay? You’re better than this. You’re Krystal Soo Jung who is looked up by a lot of peers so don’t sully your hands with this.” she whispers into her ear. Amber’s voice soothes her rising anger that tempers her soul. Her messed up life that’s jumbling in her head, her broken heart and emotional notions swirling in her stomach and her raging anger subside a little upon Amber’s words.

 

Krystal who is a bit drunk and tipsy could still recognise Amber's presence when she sniffs a familiar scent lingering in her nose. She felt safe in her embrace, calming down as soon as Amber pacifies her hot temper. She stops struggling, knowing that Amber was holding her close to her warmth. She clings onto Amber for warmth, hugging her back since she’s wearing skimpy clothes to the bar.

 

She decides to give up on the idea of beating up the men after seeing Amber holds onto her arm firmly, not letting her go just yet to go rampage; more like she's not in her right mind, adding that she doesn't have the energy to fight back.

 

Amber could feel the frosty sensation that seeps within her hands. Well, Krystal is wearing a white tight dress that exposes her cleavage and its up till her tights. It's no wonder the men surrounding her stare at her like hungry wolves, intending to get her to bed.

 

Amber s her bag, taking out a coat to cover Krystal’s expose body.

 

“I'm sorry for the inconvenience.” Amber bows down to 90degree, holding Krystal’s hands in hers, guiding her out from the bar.

 

The man raises his eyebrow in disbelief. His hands creeps up to her shoulders, pulling her back forcefully back to halt her movements. “Woah woah woah, where are you're planning to take that girl to? Are you planning to have her all to yourself? No matter how slick you are, don't you think we need to share?”

 

“I'm taking her home. I would kindly suggest you let your hands go.” Amber said curtly, slapping his hands away angrily. Times like this she really hates the most, especially guys like them that stand right before her eyes.

 

“Acting tough guy now?” The man laughs before clicking his hands, calling his friends to hang up on her.

 

Amber grits her teeth. It would seem that they won't even back down. Plus, she could see Krystal is shivering in cold, her body shaking, feeling the winter breath on her skin. It whisks heat away from her body leaving her pale even though her blood is running warm.

 

“Please let us through. We don't want any trouble.” Amber murmurs, unruffled with their presence. The ruckus between them has been attracting unwanted attraction from others, plus some girls are whispering among themselves and some even are taking pictures of them.

 

The buff man stands tall in front of her, scoffing with her cowardice.

 

“He's chickening out!” the man teases.

 

“Yeah! If you don't have the balls, leave man. Ahaha.”

 

The silver hair guy approaches her, grinning like he had won the lottery. “Scram trash.” He laughs, pouring a bottle of red wine onto Amber’s head.

 

“Classic.” Amber said in sarcasm. “Soojung, let's go.” Amber pulls Krystal hands to the exit but this time the man puff his chest, glaring at her to stop her.

 

“Really, I don't want to use any violence in this.” Amber said calmly, though this situation is ticking her off to no end.

 

“Wow, she's seriously going to hurt you, Mark.” The man jokes off.

 

“Let us off, please.” Amber menacingly, her stares .

 

The silver hair guy scoffs, no wanting to get himself chickening out with Amber’s piercing glare. “I don't think so.”

 

Amber sighs. She keeping on walking forward to the exit not caring anymore, just so long she could get out from the bar.

 

The man is about to punch her in the face without a warning. Amber evades the punch, swiftly using her right elbow to knock senselessly at his leg. Since Amber is shorter than him, she aces her arms up, letting her knuckles meeting his jawline with her legs quickly die uptime his balance. In an instance, the big bulky man screams in pain with the inflicting pain on his jawline as his face kissed the ground, or worst he had broke his nose in the process.

 

This instantly alerts the men. The two men came in charging to Amber, brawling to her up front.

 

Amber blocks their attacks, keeping her guard up. She quickly, jab the man on her left right on the stomach. The other man in her right, is clenching his fist to smash Amber’s face. Amber hastily ducks down, pulling his hand in hers, giving hims quick judo throw, sending him to come in crashing onto the sweet hard solid ground.

 

Amber calmly hit his stomach as well to keep him at bay. In a glimpse, they fall down onto the ground, groaning in pain. Just as she thought that she was done, the silver hair guy came in silently, punching her eye right on the bat.

 

“!” Amber curses inwardly.

 

“Ahaha. You’re not a hero in a shinning armour anymore, ugly sicko! Eat that!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter