The unexpected encounter

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author PoV

 

“She’s here? In the business department?”

 

“Oh yeah! Score! I’m so glad I didn’t take accounting as my major!”

 

“She's smart from what I heard.”

 

“But she's dating now. Too bad for us.”

 

“At least we get to be in the same class with her.”

 

The murmurs around the large room is taking a toll on a certain llama who just wants to sleep peacefully in the class for a while before the lecturer enters to room but it’s too noisy to be ignored. She sighs in defeat, sitting up straight on her seat, taking out her notebook and rolling her eyes out to read the text in the notes until she hears the lecturer entering the class.

 

Her droopy eyes have to stay awake for her own sake, therefore, she undoes the cap of her thermo flask imbued with espresso and drinks them whole, slapping her face to get a grip on herself, adjusting her glasses in sight.

 

“Psst Amber noona, did you see her walking just now? She’s hot!” Jackson squeals while arching his hand up to the side to whisper in her ear.

 

Amber nods her head, slumberly drops a look on her face like she would give a care any single being that walks past her because her focus now is her survival in this university and her life.

 

“Hmn.” She coed, putting her left arm up to support her head to rest, closing her eyes for a little while before the class start.

 

“Yah! Noona! Don’t ignore me!” Jackson whines, shaking her arms to wake her up.

 

Amber groans while shaking him off. “Jackson! I’m sleepy. Let me rest, first.” Amber pleads opening and closing her panda eyes. Jackson sighs while slumping back to his seat, nodding his head, allowing his dear noona to have a little rest since he knows too well that Amber had worked countless of part-time job to support herself.

 

Amber manages to sleep for a good 10 minutes before the lecturer’s booming voice echoes throughout the class as he wants to get everyone’s attendance.

 

She yawns lazily, stretching her self before sitting back up straight to focus on the lecturer beginning the class for the day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay. That's a wrap. I want everyone to pass up your homework tomorrow and as for the upcoming project you'll be divided to teams and I won't interfere with the selection of team members. Write down your team members in a piece of paper and hand it to me by this week. That's all.”

 

The students scatters away, exiting the class. Amber lazily get up from her seat and makes her way to the door with Jackson when she feels a large force is bumping onto her shoulders.

 

“Amber unnie!!” The squinting cat eyes squeals, tugging her shirt like crazy.

 

“Yah! Dani, let go of me. Stop sticking to me like a glue!” Amber mumbles, trying to push her away gently from her being latched to the young girl.

 

“Unnie, I haven't seen you like forever!!!”

 

“Dani-ah, it's been two days we haven't meet. You shouldn't be like this, otherwise how are you going to date when you keep telling everyone you're missing me?!” Amber grumbles, worrying for her childhood friend being clinging to her since they were young.

 

She doesn't want to be rude but, Dani follows her almost anywhere she goes and sometimes she sees her as an oppa who protects her; to the extent she drops out on the idea to go to a famous university in the States and decides to follow her beloved Amber unnie to SM university. Great.

 

“Amber eomma, Dani loves you. Hehe.” Dani smiles, giving her usual twinkling winks to her favourite unnie. Amber sighs. She honestly cannot get angry with her cute childhood friend.

 

“Yes.yes. Yes. Did you have lunch yet, Dani-ah?”

 

Dani cutely shakes her head. “Not yet. Let's go to the cafeteria.” Dani said cheerily, linking her arms with Amber's.

 

“Yah! Don't forget me!!” Jackson grumbles.

 

“You sat next with unnie for the whole morning. So quit whining, cry baby!” Dani sticks her tongue out to Jonghyun, causing Jackson to click his tongue.

 

In short, Jackson and Dani are Amber's juniors and she takes care of them since when they were very young. Amber has a habit of spoiling her little cute juniors, therefore, they always latch to their favourite unnie/noona and that hasn't change until now.

 

As soon as they found their seat, Amber scurries to the cafeteria, not bothering to ask for what Dani and Jackson preference in food because she has known them too long not to differentiate which food is their favourite.

 

After that they settle at their usual seat, joined by a mummers around the cafeteria. Amber twitches her eyebrow and groans in irritation.

 

“Why today the cafeteria is noisy? It's not Valentine’s day yet.”

 

Jackson points his index finger to satisfy Amber’s curiosity.

 

Amber turns her head, following the direction of his hand pointing. Her eyes then meet with a petite girl, fair height, dark ebony wavy hair, pencils eyebrows, illuminating baby skin, dazzling pair of eyes like a cat that portrays an innocent type of girl yet the aura she admits is rather aloof and cold like ice that cannot be thawed. She wears a white sweater; one size bigger than her body along with a simple tight denim jeans which portrays the shape of her beautiful legs. She appeals with a simple clothing but she could be so pretty without much accessories on her.

 

At the first sight, she widen her eyes when she could instantly feel electrical impulses that sends the jolts for her heart to beat. How strange.

 

She immediately places her hands to her chest and wonder what disease could it be that causes her heart to beat like that for a moment? But then, her heart beat calms down when she turns her head to Jackson.

 

“Who is she?”

 

“Ah, that's Krystal unnie. She's the heir of the Jung’s family, apart from her sister, Jessica. I heard from rumours that she's actually taking caring a small part of her family business while studying at the same time. She also did a few dramas, staring in commercials and modelling for famous magazines. Also she's has an infamous nickname; known as the ice princess for her cold aura.” Dani explains briefly, filling in for her unnie as she chews her food, knowing that Amber never bothers to take note to her surrounding with the popular kids in the university.

 

“That's cool.” Amber comments bluntly.

 

“Wish I could talk to her.” Jackson sighs dreamily, still staring the young Jung’s movement.

 

“Yeah right. As if a popular one would bother to look at us.” Amber utters the facts to her junior.

 

Reality comes and hits him hard like rock, weighting tons of his side. “I know but she’s totally my type. I mean look at her, her body is so fine and I would-” Before he could finish his sentence, he ends up earning a good tight smack on his head.

 

“Discuss this with your friends! Don't taint the sweet innocent llama here!” Dani grumbles while eyeing him to quit piping up weird things in Amber’s mind.

 

“Yah! I haven't say anything weird!!” Jackson mumbles while rubbing his head.

 

“You were going to, idiot!” Dani bickers back.

 

“Hey! I'm 20 already. I’m not a kid.” Amber butts in.

 

“But you never dated or watch . . . stuff!” Dani states as a matter of fact in front of Amber’s face.

 

“B-Because! I-I don't want to learn, know or waste my time with useless things like those.” Amber speaks out her reasons, though she shutters as she mutters her words out.

 

Jackson giggles with his noona’s reaction. “Arraso. I won't talk about like hot girls in front of noona.”

 

Amber frowns while shaking her head, deciding to pick another topic instead, gulping the last spoon of food into as she stands up from her seat, lifting the tray with a clean bowl on it.

 

“Jackson-ah, eat quickly. Later you have football practice. I need to go, my assignments are pilling up.”

 

“Unnie, when are we going to meet again? We hardly see each other nowadays” Dani pouts.

 

Jackson eyes somewhat becomes a little bit sadden, hinting his dejection as he said warily, “yeah, I can only see noona once a week.”

 

Amber smiles slightly at them, suggesting a perfect place to the two juniors of hers to lighten up their mood. “Why don't we go to the BBQ restaurant near SM university, this Sunday. My treat. How's that sound?”

 

Dani and Jackson bolt up with their eyes glittering in delight.

 

“Kol!” Dani squirms.

 

“Em.” He nods like a little child, following his noona’a order.

After Amber bid them farewell, she dashes out from the cafeteria, grabbing her school bag along, pushing her horn rim spectacles slightly up to her nose for her liking, running down the hallways to her basketball practice.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Days pass and fade like the wind. Today is Friday and she's currently at her favourite place in the university; the library.

Peace is one of her favourite words in her dictionary. Her non-existence to the society is just comfortable, not being disturb. She hums while sitting on the chair at the corner of the library where there are less people that occupy the space around the area.

 

Her mind has been solely focus on the business management, reading onto the finance and business policy written in the textbook.

 

An hour or two later, she promptly takes a few more stacks of book, placing it onto the table, revising them for her individual assignment.

 

Soon Amber felt the vibrations on her left pocket of her jeans. She cheeks on the time and it's already 6 p.m. She stretches her sore body throughly before inching up to pack her things, satisfied that's she has completed half of her assignments.

 

She exits the library, walking down to a familiar neighbourhood, entering the back door of a café.

 

The café is rather authentic yet cozy at the same time, giving the comforts for customers to relax and focus on their work or reading books in silent and still environment which is one of the perks that Amber had signed up for this café.

 

Amber changes her clothes into a butler like outfit, with her white long sleeve collar t-shirt, black tight pants with a light grey vest, buckling her belt.

 

“You reached on time today.” Minho jumps behind her back, causing Amber to become stiff for a little while but she finally find the strength to shrug off his long limbs that coils around her neck like a snake.

 

“Minho, stop it! Who knows people comes in and see us like this. It's embarrassing.” Amber hissed, turning her eyes around the café for watchful eyes, prying on her usual skin ship with Minho.

 

“Aigoo, uri llama is so conservative. Don't worry, we're in the dressing room, so no one would know. Here, let me fix your hair noona.” He grins, placing his hands to the gel and starts ruffling her bangs up while Amber doesn't mind his help as usual, fixing her crooked tie in place.

 

“I swear, you look really handsome than beautiful.” Minho compliments but for the llama, her dense brains could only conclude that it was a sarcastic remarks.

 

“Yah! It's not my choice to be like this!” Amber points her hands from head to toe as she continues on, “The master of the café doesn't allow me to wear anything girly!” Amber argues.

 

Minho widen his eyes in amusement, as if he cannot picture the young llama wearing anything like dress with frills and Amber could tell with the look on his face. “Hey, that's just rude!”

 

“Hmn? I didn't say anything did I?” Minho hums innocently. Just as Amber intends to argue back, Minho pats onto Amber's shoulders, and push her out from the dressing room.

 

“Come on, the usual customer is waiting for you.” He urges on while pointing his index finger to a figure at the corner of the café.

 

“This is not over.” Amber hissed before storming to the counter to grab the notepad.

She approach the figure who seems to cover her face with a mask while wearing dark shades, having a red muffler that conceals her neck along with an oversize black coat. She seems to be busy typing something on the laptop but Amber doesn't intend to pry on her business matters, tapping the table to get her attention.

 

“Miss, your order?”

 

She gazes at Amber for a good ten seconds before pointing her index finger to the menu display before her.

 

“Tropical Mango coffee. Anything else? Since you always stay in this café until 9, shouldn't you order something for your stomach?” Amber asks innocently.

Since the day she starts working here, no one dares to approach this particular customer thanks to her quiet behaviour and her icy glare; especially hot waiters who are dying to get her number, though they were shot down real quick.

 

The girl raises her eyebrows but nodded her head after scanning Amber’s face, not planning to push the young waiter away since she meant well with her words.

 

“You recommend.” She said flatly.

 

Amber has adapt with her feisty behaviour, knowing well that she doesn't mean any harm to her. “I don't know. But if I'm going to have my supper, I'll eat tacos.” She said casually while smiling on the thoughts of tacos filling in her head. “Would you like grilled chipotle BBQ chicken wrap, miss? The calorie is lower than fried dumplings and it's cheaper too.” Amber chatters cheerily.

 

The young lady nods her head without hesitation. Amber excuse herself and goes right to the counter to give the customer’s order to the manager behind kitchen.

 

“You're really something. I saw you! Being all smooth with the chick!” Key whispers after Amber goes back to the entrance of the café with the young diva.

 

“It's normal to talk to customers Key. Don't make this sound l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter