003

Matchless Love

Jin’s PoV

                “Seokjin.”

                “Mmm.”

                “Seokjin, wake up! The alarm goes off in fifteen minutes, don’t you want an early head start?”

                “Just twenty more minutes…” I wrapped my arms around Jaehwan, pulling him closer and kissing his jaw softly. “Please…?”

                He sighed, “Fifteen more minutes. Then you get up.”

                “Good enough.” I smiled as Jaehwan rested his head on my shoulder.

                He was warm, not in the way a summer day would make you slowly sweat to death, but the way a sun comes out and melts away all the snow after winter. I put his hands around my hands, shivering slightly. “My hands are cold.”

                He laughed, squeezing my fingers. “You’re always cold, Seokjin.”

                I smiled, kissing his hands softly. “Which is why you’re my Match, so you can keep me warm and so I can be very cute to make you happy.” I smiled with childlike innocence, giving him a teasing kiss on the cheek.

                Jaehwan smiled, then stood up. “Come on, Seokjin, you should try getting ready early, okay?”

                “But sleep is good for you!”

                He sighed, grabbing my hand. “You sleep enough as is, Seokjin. Get up!”

                Reluctantly, I stood up. I stretched, then began getting ready for the day.

                I had to admit, it felt good not needing to rush to get anywhere. I arrived 5 minutes early for my train, and didn’t know what to do.

                It was weird, actually being on time. Other people, who usually gave me weird looks for my lateness, now glanced over in shock that I was actually there on time.

                “Attention, the train will be arriving in 30 seconds.”

                I walked towards the edge of the station, preparing to get on once it arrived.

                It rushed into the station, at the exact same time the announcement said it would arrive.

                I stepped onto the train, smiling at my own punctuality.

                As the doors began to close, I heard the patter of footsteps and a voice yelling, “Wait! Don’t leave yet, please!”

                A man sprinted up the stairs, spiking the slightest hint of recognition in my mind. I put my foot in the door, giving him just enough time to jump on. A few of the other passengers looked at us in shock, but the man paid no notice to the onlookers. He nodded, looking at me. “Thanks.”

                “No problem,” I said. “I’m usually the one running this late!” I laughed, watching as his eyes filling with amusement, although he did not smile.

                He held out his hand. “Kim Namjoon.”

                Kim Namjoon? “I- I know you! Remember, I’m Seokjin! From your class!”

                He looked at me, recognition glowing on his face. “Oh! I- I remember you!”

                I grinned. “It’s nice to meet you! Well, again.”


Namjoon’s PoV

                He was a lot cuter than I remembered from classes. No, what was I saying? He probably had a Match already, I shouldn’t be thinking about this. He had grown up so much, too. His shoulders were even broader now, but his eyes still held the same beautiful, childlike sparkle. Boys and girls alike used to wish they would get matched with him because of them. Although, I don’t know if any of them actually were Matched with him.

                Well it wasn’t you, so shut up! This is exactly why you weren’t given a Match.

                I mean, it wasn’t my fault. It was my parents. The Society told me they had run away, so I wouldn’t be able to get a Match. It was considered a bad punishment. I hadn’t really cared before I had met Jin. But he was actually kind to me, even though everyone knew about my parents. About what they had done.

                I was staring at his eyes, off in my own little mind. It looked like he was waiting for me to say something. I blinked, looking at him. “Sorry, what?”

                “Oh, I had asked you a question. About how you’re doing nowadays?”

                “Oh, pretty good. I have an office job, nothing interesting there.” I bit the inside of my cheek nervously. “If it’s not too awkward for me to ask, who did you end up getting as your Match?”

                Jin laughed. “Actually, surprisingly, it was Jaehwan! You know, the boy who moved from a different area since he had such a high level of intelligence, who joined out class towards the end of the year?”

                I nodded. “Yeah, I remember him.” I was slightly shocked, honestly. I never thought Seokjin to be the type to take an interest to Jaehwan, since they were both quite different. Although I guess I wasn’t one to judge.

                I would never even get to experience a Match. I don’t know what would happen.

                “Is it… happy?”

                Seokjin looked slightly startled and confused. “Pardon, what?”

                I shrugged, lowering my voice so none of the other passengers would be able to hear. “A Match. Does it make you happy, that the Society chose someone for you? Is- is it as good as they say it is in class?”

                Seokjin’s eyes widened. “O- Oh my gosh, I forgot! You don’t have a Match, you… Oh gosh, I’m so sorry!” He looked like an upset puppy, eyes wide and glistening.

                I nodded. “What’s it like?”

                He smiled. “It’s a beautiful thing. It’s nice to go home and know that there’s someone else waiting to see you, and whenever you’re sad or stressed they’re there for you, and… It’s different, from what we learned in class. But still, it’s-“

                I couldn’t hear the last of what Seokjin said, because the train stopped suddenly. Seokjin lost his balance and crashed into me, knocking me backwards. I steadied him, letting go of his shoulders as he regained his balance. “S- Sorry, Namjoon! I’m not usually this clumsy, I wasn’t paying attention, I’m sorry!”

                I nodded grimly. “It’s fine.”

                As we walked off the train, he looked over at me with an empty smile. “I- I’m sorry. About the Match thing. I didn’t know you wanted one, you always seemed to not really care. I didn’t know you did.”

                I shook my head. “No, don’t bother. It’s fine.”

                He nodded, still holding a slightly guilty look on his face. “Well, I guess I’ll see you around, maybe.”

                “Sure,” I said.

                As we both walked our separate ways, I secretly hoped he would see me around quite a bit.


A/N: Wahh, I forgot to update! I'm so sorry guys, my schedule is totally out of whack! I'm still crying bc Hansung ;-; I was on episode 2 and then the twitter spoilers came and my friend showed me the thing and I'm so sad. Anyways, to make up for this, I will try to get another chapter up this weekend! Thank you guys so much for being supportive of this story and not hating it, I'm so glad people appreciate my writing ^^ Anyways I should stop being so feelsy irl and start being feelsy in my writing, am I right! *cue laugh track* Okay, well then, I'll see you all in the next update! Goodbye!