Arrival

Matchless Love

Jungkook’s PoV.

                As much as I wanted to yell at Namjoon, Mr. Kim wouldn’t let me.

                “He’s worried for you, Jungkook. He saw your dad almost try to kill you, and the fact that you’re closer to him now than you ever were to Namjoon is a bit hurtful. Don’t make it worse now, please.” He begged.

                I crossed my arms. “Dad loved Taehyung, and now he’s gone. And Namjoon won’t even let me comfort him! Do you really think it can get any worse?”

                He sighed as we continued walking. Namjoon lagged behind, walking silently with my Dad. He kept his eyes trained on the floor, his shoulders slumped as he trudged along to Dad’s pace. I frowned softly.

                Mr. Kim put his hand on my shoulder, his eyes locking with mine sadly. “Jungkook, please. He feels like a crappy person, and you’re not helping.”

                I glanced down. “Fine…”

                “Good!” Mr. Kim smiled, ruffling my hair.

                We continued to walk. It had to have been at least two months by now; we were constantly walking, finding food, or sleeping. It had become an act of habit to continue on now, and much less of a choice of freedom.

                I sighed, my mind absentmindedly wandering as we continued to move along. Our pace had slowed considerably so that Dad would be able to come. I didn’t care what Mr. Kim and Namjoon said, he was my family member, and he was coming. End of discussion.

                I walked over to Dad, wrapping my arm around him as we walked. “Hey…” I whispered, smiling. Namjoon glanced over at me and picked up his pace quickly, catching up to Mr. Kim and speaking in hushed tones.

                “Kookie…” He turned to look at me, his eyes shell-shocked and empty. “Kookie, I miss you.”

                I smiled sadly. “Dad, it’s okay. W- We’re going to be okay.”

                His fists clenched as he looked up at me. “But Taetae is gone.”

                My smile fell.

                I admired it. How Dad’s love for Taehyung never stopped, how he kept on looking for so long, how he continued to love him even after he was gone. But it scared me. Without Taehyung, Dad was never quite as happy. I could see it evidently, how much he missed him. I tried to smile again, wrapping a hand around one of his. His fists unclenched slowly.

                “Dad. It’s going to be okay. We just need to keep going.”

                He nodded blankly, squeezing my hand softly. I blinked rapidly, attempting to dispel the tears that pricked at the back of my eyes. We stayed silent for a few moments, walking and listening as Namjoon and Mr. Kim spoke. Namjoon seemed slightly happier; I assumed Mr. Kim had talked to him about our earlier conversation.

                “Jungkookie, will you stay with me…?” Dad whispered, looking up at me.

                His eyes had cleared, even if just the slightest bit. I nodded, wrapping my arms around his neck and hugging him tightly. He hugged me back, closing his eyes and resting his head on my shoulder. I sobbed softly, releasing the tears that had been building up. “I- I won’t leave you, I promise.” I said, pulling Dad closer.

                He smiled the first genuine smile I had seen him do in years, quietly nodding and leaning his head against me again. “Thank you, Kookie.”

                I smiled. Even if Dad was different, he was still my dad. I couldn’t stay mad at him if I wanted to. He always knew exactly what to say to help, even if he helped me by letting my cry.

                So I did.

                I continued to sob, wrapped in his embrace. I cried for everything I had left behind, for Dad coming back, for losing Taehyung. I cried because I didn’t want to watch anything else happen to the people I loved. I cried because I was tired of hurting people while I protected others. I cried for everything lost, gained, and left somewhere in between.

                Dad smiled softly.

                “Don’t worry, Kookie. It’s going to be okay. We just need to keep going.”

                I laughed softly, interrupting my sobs. “Those are my lines, not yours!”

                “Well then you should live up to them. Come on, let’s go.” Dad took my hand and pulled me towards Namjoon and Mr. Kim. He seemed a bit less empty than before.

                It was nice.

 

Namjoon’s PoV.

                “Namjoon!” Seokjin called up ahead.

                I looked up, startled out of my thoughts.

                He sounded both excited and worried.

                Yoongi and Jungkook were walking next to me again, Seokjin running ahead to see where we were.

                I looked over at them with a warning glance to stay where they were and darted ahead, catching up to him quickly.

                He smiled at me, standing up and running over to me as he pulled me into a hug. “Joonie, we made it!”

                “What?” I asked, putting my hands on his beautifully broad shoulders.

                Seokjin’s smile widened as he motioned for me to follow him, pushing brush out of the way and revealing a clearing, much larger than the one we had been in when we met Yoongi. And the biggest different, of course, was the people.

                They milled around, dozens of them, talking with one another and smiling, walking around without seemingly a care in the world.

                Seokjin looked at me, grinning. “Namjoon, we’re here.”

 


 

AN: One more epilogue! How do you guys like it? Is this story good? o3o

Thank you all for reading this, it's an honor to see so many people reading it! And also, thanks to Clovern for being a cool human who introduced me to BTS, and to Vecember for reviewing my story for me! You are all cool humans!

Gosh, I'm not ready to say goodbye to this story. Oh well, we'll see what happens, won't we?