Chapter 11: Memories, Sleepless Nights, and Similarities.

Matchless Love

Jin’s PoV

                “Seokjin…” Namjoon whispered, pressing up against my side.

                Yawning, I looked over and smiled at him. “Good morning.”

                “Shh, Kookie’s sleeping…” He pressed a loving kiss onto my cheek, smiling slightly.

                I wrapped my arms around Namjoon’s shoulders and pulled him closer, burying my face in the crook of his neck softly. “Namjoon… We made it…”

                He grinned, revealing his beautiful little dimples that made me want to squish his face together. “I know, Seokjin.” He leaned in and kissed me again, his lips connecting with mine lightly.

                I smiled, repressing tears of joy as I looked at him. He looks so tired… “Namjoon?”

                “Yeah?”

                “Are you feeling alright?” I looked at him with concern, kissing his cheek.

                He nodded quickly. “Y- Yeah! I’m fine, Seokjin. Just a bit tired from running. But I’ll be fine…”

                He rested his head on my chest, closing his eyes as I smiled down at him.

                “Go to sleep, okay, Joonie?” I smiled, laughing slightly as I wrapped my arms around his torso.

                He smiled, exhaling and relaxing in my embrace.

                He looked so peaceful, sleeping in my arms. Nothing like the uptight, stressed Namjoon I knew when I first met him. His breathing evened out as I casually played around with locks of his hair, watching his chest rise and fall rhythmically.

                Slowly, I began to feel my eyelids droop as well, listening to Namjoon’s heart beating against my own.

                Rest well, Joonie~

Jungkook’s PoV.

                Grown-ups can be increasingly stupid.

                Namjoon and Mr. Kim were just laying there together, whispering to one another and kissing a lot.

                I had the sudden urge to scream, We just ran away from the Society! Stop making out and run! But I knew it would only make them mad.

                They were cute together, admittedly. It just made me sad to think back to… them.

                Taehyung and Yoongi.

                They were the exact same way. Happiest together, and saddest apart.

                It hurt to see them like that.

                Nevertheless, I tried to fall asleep again.

                And then the dreams came.

               

                “Jungkookie! Want to go to the park?” Yoongi called, lifting me onto his shoulders happily.

                I laughed. “Yes, Yoongi! Will Taetae be there?”

                He smiled sadly, patting my leg. “Ah, you know me so well, Jungkook.”

                On our way to the park, we chatted together.

                “Yoongi, do you love Taehyung?”

                He paused for a moment, then continued walking. “Y- Yes, I do. Are you… okay with that, Jungkook?”

                I nodded, smiling. “As long as you are happy! And Taetae is happy! His smile is so pretty, I see why you like him~”

                When we arrived at the park, Taehyung walked over to Yoongi excitedly as he set me down to go play in the park.

                A boy, about my age, ran up to me, smiling. “Hi! I’m Jimin, but you can call me Jiminnie! You look cute!”

                I blushed, looking up at him. “O- Oh… Thank you!” Although I was young, I could see that Jimin was obviously attractive. “You look cute too!”
                He beamed at me. “Yay! My mommy said that’s what she and her Match first said, too! Maybe we’ll get Matched! We will be a good couple, right?”

                I was confused, but I thought Jimin was nice and friendly, so I went along with it. “Yes! W- We would!”

                All I could think about was Yoongi and Taehyung. They were happier together, but not with their Matches. I didn’t want Jimin and I to end up like that, if we by some miracle did get Matched when we were older.

                I simply smiled at him as he wrapped his arms around me. “Yay! Can I tell you a secret, then?”

                I nodded, eyes wide. “What is it?”

                He lowered his voice, whispering in my ear. “My mommy said that we’re going to run away! Then we don’t even need a Match! We can just decide who we get married to!”

                “Oh!” I exclaimed. “M- Maybe Taetae and Yoongi would like to hear about that!”

                Jimin smiled. “My mommy says there’s lots of people living together somewhere! Will you come?”

                I shrugged. “I don’t know!”

                He laughed. “I want you to come! We will make everyone else be happy because we will be a good couple, right?”

                I blushed, looking at him. “O- Oh… Yes! I guess so!”

                I didn’t understand Jimin, he seemed so happy and carefree, but at the same time, he didn’t make sense.

                I ran back to Taehyung and Yoongi and told them everything.

                They looked at one another, Taehyung’s eyes glinted with hopefulness, Yoongi shaking his head rapidly. “No. No, Taehyung. I can’t risk that. I can’t risk you.”

                “Please, Yoongi?”

                I woke up, sweat trailing down my face. The sun was already up, and Namjoon and Mr. Kim were sitting in the clearing, talking.

                I had all but forgotten about Jimin until tonight.

                It gave me a bit of hope, that there would be a way for us to survive after all.

                Mr. Kim looked over at me, smiling. “Are you ready to get going, Jungkook?”

                I nodded slowly, standing up and stretching. “Y- Yeah. I should be ready.”

                Namjoon followed suit, wincing slightly as he stood up. “Ah, crap.” He muttered.

                Mr. Kim rushed to his side, draping one of his arms over his shoulder and wrapping one of his arms around Namjoon’s waist. “Better?” He asked, looking up at Namjoon.

                Namjoon nodded, smiling sheepishly. “Yeah, let’s move quickly, okay?”

                And on that note, we continued our long trek of silence.

                All I could do the entire time was think about a certain silver-haired boy.

                Park Jimin, where could you be?