Chapter VI

Blind Date

Jaejoong called Lee Min Seo, Oh Eun Ae's friend.   

Lee Min Seo: "Hello."

Jaejoong: "Min Seoshhi, where does Oh Eun Ae live?"

Lee Min Seo: "Ohhh? So....the date is going pretty good I guess.  Heading back to her place, hmmm?"

Jaejoong: "Not exactly. I was with this other woman, Oh Eun Ae got upset and left the restaurant so we never got to have our date."

Lee Min Seo: "What?  How could you...why would you do that to her? You were with another woman?  Why you bastard!"

Jaejoong: "It is not what you think.  It was a business meeting...forget it. I will explain later.  For right know, text me Oh Eun Ae's address.  I want to apologize to her and hope to salvage what is left of this night."

Lee Min Seo texted the address to Jaejoong with the warning he needed to make up for this fiasco or he would be answering to her.

Jaejoong arrived at Oh Eun Ae's apartment and rang the doorbell.  He nervously waited. "Who is it?" was the response.

"Hello, its me Jaejoong.  I came to apologize for tonight.  I am truly sorry for what happened."

"WHAT...??  So humiliating me in front of all those people was not enough?  Why did you ask me out if you already had a girlfriend?  Was this a game? Were you trying to make her jealous? After we talked, I really believed you were a nice guy.  Forget it.  You had your chance. Good Night." 

"Please open up the door and let me explain. " Jaejoong responded.

"What can you possibly say that would make up for what you did to me?" Oh Eun Ae asked.

"This is complicated.  What you saw tonight was me being freed from a horrible business and personal relationship.  Trust me, that woman is not my girlfriend, she is not even a friend.  Please open the door so I can explain."

Suddenly the door opened and there stood one of the most beautiful women he had ever seen. She was wearing baggy sweat pants and a dirty concert tee-shirt covered in chocolate ice cream, but to Jaejoong, she was breath of fresh air. "Come in." she said to him as she moved to allow him in.  She walked in and looked at herself in the hallway mirror.  "Oh crap...!"  Eun Ae exclaimed quietly as she tried to clean the ice cream from her chin and nose.

"So what is this 'relationship' you were talking about?" Eun Ae asked as they sat down on her sofa. Jaejoong started from the beginning and explained how he gotten started in the restaurant business, his relationship with Mrs. Kwok and how he had finally fulfilled his dream of owning his own restaurant.  When he was finally finished, he looked up at her and was surprised to see the look in her eyes.   They looked at him with compassion and understanding.

"So...it is getting late and I have taken up too much of your time." Jaejoong finally said after staring at each other for a long time. "I will get going.  Again, I apologize for tonight.  I would still love to take you out to dinner if.... "

Oh Eun Ae was brought back from reality.  After listening to his story, Oh Eun Ae could not help but to feel sorry and admiration for the young man.  He had overcome a lot to become the success he was now.  She suddenly felt this strange butterfly feeling in her stomach, a feeling she had never felt before. It was a warm and safe feeling.  She wanted this feeling to go on forever. 

"Hmmm... have you eaten?  I am starving." She asked.

"Actually no.  I am kinda hungry too." He responded. 

"Ok... ahhmmm it is still kinda early.  We can order take out if you like and finish watching the movie."

"That sound great, but let me take a look in your kitchen.  Maybe WE can whip up something easy, then we don't need to go out." he said with a huge smile on his face. 

Oh Eun Ae knew this was the start of a something wonderful. She would not wait to see what the rest of the night would hold.