Chapter IV

Blind Date

Jaejoong brushed himself off and put on a clean white apron.  He took a deep breath and tried to put on his best smile as he waved at the table by the window.  

Eun Ae immediately waved back.  "Oh my god. He is adorable. This may actually be the night. Yeah!!" she squealed at herself.  Eun Ae kept looking at Jaejoong as he walked back toward her table, but her excitement quickly turned into disappointment. Instead of coming to sit with her, he took a seat at the table next to her with the very elegant older woman.  From their interaction, it was obvious that they knew each other very well as the woman placed her hand on Jaejoong's leg and they spoke in whispers. 

Eun Ae watched them for a while. Eun Ae could not stand the humiliation any longer.  She quickly got up, gathered her things and walked toward the entrance.  The maitre d' asked if her date had gone well.  "What date? Oh you mean THAT date." Eun Ae answered harshly as she pointed at Jaejoong sitting with the other woman. "I am not sure, but it seems to be going just fine from the looks of it."  With that, Eun Ae stormed out before the maitre d' could stop her. 

Eun Ae got to her car and threw her purse and coat in.  She slammed the door and drove away.  "How dare he." she shouted.  "We talked for hours and he convinces me that was he very interested in meeting me. If he already had a girlfriend, why set up a date with me?  All he had to say was say he was not interested and I would have been fine. But no...instead he leads me on, making me get all dressed up...come all this way to the restaurant to flaunt his girlfriend in front of me. That is one sick game he is playing!!" Eun continued. 

Eun Ae got home and slowly sank into the chair next to the door.  She was angry and upset about the events of the night.  She walked into her bathroom and looked in the mirror with tears starting to well into her eyes. "I actually look nice in this dress, really nice.."  Eun Ae slowly starts crying as as she starts taking off her make up.  She takes a shower and puts on her most comfortable sweats and robe. She sits down on the couch with a carton of her favorite ice cream and puts on her favorite movie with the hopes that this might cheer her up.