Chapter III

Blind Date

Eun Ae arrived at the restaurant a little early.  She was nervous and she needed the time to work up the courage to walk in.  She stood outside for a little while trying to calm herself down as she looked in. Suddenly she saw him.  He was tall with broad shoulders, He had dark hair and dark eyes that looked intense.  He was very confident as he issued orders to the staff in the kitchen.  Kim Jaejoong was one of the handsomest men Eun Ae had seen. "Ahh...jeez look at him! This is going to even more humiliating than I imagined.  Well lets get this over with." she resigned herself.

Eun Ae mustered all of the confidence she had and finally walked in.  She went up to the matrie d'.  "May I help you?  Do you have reservations?"  "Yes I do. I here for a blind date with Mr. Kim Jaejoong at 8:00 pm." Eun Ae responded.  "Ah, you must be Miss Oh Eun Ae.  Mr. Kim has picked our best table in the corner by the window.  I will seat you right away."

Eun Ae straighten herself up and toss her hair back as the matrie d' walked her through the restaurant to the back. "I might as well make it look like I have it going on." she thought to herself as she passed by the other diners. Jaejoong immediately notice the tall beautiful woman from the corner of his eye as she walked by the kitchen.  He continued to watch Eun Ae for a while but was soon interrupted when his Sous Chef asked about the order from table 7.  

The Maitre d' informed Jaejoong that he had two appointments waiting for him at the back tables, Miss Oh Eun Ae and Mrs Kwok Jung Hee.  Jaejoong immediately looked up from what he was doing. "Kwok Jung Hee!!!  What is she doing here?" he asked.  "She did not say sir.  All she did was ask for a bottle of our most expensive wine and demanded to see you immediately." the maitre d' responded.   "Aish!!!" was all Jaejoong could say.

Ms. Kwok Jung Hee was a very wealthy married woman and Jaejoong's biggest investor. Her husband was the CEO of a large congolmerate that had several interest thoughout Korea and Asia. Because her husband was always working and traveling, Kwok Jung Hee had a lot of time on her hands.  To fight the boredom, she liked to find young talent to "sponsor".

She had taken a shine to him when he was working as a line chef at another restaurant.  She had noticed his handsome looks first and then was actually impressed when she realized that this handsome young man could cook.  She immediately opened up a new restaurant in order to feature her newest interest. Unfortunately Mrs. Kwok's interest was not only financial in Jaejoong.  As the restaurant's and the chef's popularity grew, Mrs. Kwok began to insinuate how she wanted to be "paid back" for all the support she had provided him.  In the past year she had begun to drop in at all hours of the day at the restaurant and at Jaejoong's home, demanding "favors".  Jaejoong was initially able to resist the advances but when she began to threaten to pull out financially, Jaejoong had no choice but to give in.  This went on for some time. She soon began demand more and more "favors" both intimately and financially from Jaejoong to the detriment of the restaurant.  Finally fed up with the constant threats and blackmail, Jaejoong went to see his lawyer to find out how he could get out of this financial arrangement.  It took a long time, but Jaejoong was finally able to secure the funds to legally buy out Mrs. Kwok.  He had completely forgotten he had called the meeting with Mrs. Kwok for this night.