THREE Things You Can't Recover In Life

We Were In Love

 

You feel uneasy. It feels like something is bubbling in your stomach. Suddenly, there's a strong urge to throw up. You make a run to the bathroom, almost trip on your way there. You puke into the toilet bowl before sit beside it. You are having a terrible headache. You don't even know where you at right now. It's not a familiar place. Whose place is this?
You reach for toilet paper before wipe your mouth. There's something printed on the paper. A hotel name. You make your way back to the bed. You wonder how did you get there.
You look for your phone. The time is 10AM. Luckily, the day is Saturday. You don't have to go to work. There's an unread message. You open it.


I couldn't send you home because I don't know your address. I already paid for the room. Go home when you feel better.


You don't want to know how he sent you there or how he found you last night. You just want to rest and make the headache subsides so you can go home as soon as possible.

 


 

You are typing something when you fall asleep. You have your head on top of your folded arms on the table. You are alone in the office as usual. Suddenly, you hear a faint cracking sound. You are sensitive when asleep so you can hear it. Your heart is beating so fast out of fear. The dim light in the office makes it feel creepier than it should be. You instantly call Brian.
"Brian..."
"Why are you whispering?" He asks.
"I'm at the office and something does not feel right. I think someone is trying to crack open the door." You whisper.
"Go hide somewhere. I'll call the security to check our department office."
"Okay. I will-AHH GET OFF ME!" You drop the phone on the floor. The stranger cups your mouth before hit your neck, making you unconscious immediately.

 



Brian arrives few minutes later. The security guard said everything is okay. There is no suspicious person. Brian enters the office to see you lay unconscious on the floor.
"Yoori.." Brian touches you here and there to make sure there is no physical injuries. You open your eyes when you feel someone is touching you. You let out a painful groan because your feel dizzy. 

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine but my head is spinning. Someone hit me on the head but nothing serious tho. I just need a rest."  He let out a sigh of relief. The office is neat and tidy like it was before he went home. He wonders what actually happened. He pick you up. You can't protest because you only want to close your eyes and make the dizziness go away.
"Why are you always at the office alone. It's dangerous. You can't even protect yourself." He mutters while putting you down on the couch in his office. Few minutes later, your breathing is turning calm so Brian assumes you fall asleep. He takes off his coat and cover your body with it.
You wake up two hours later to Brian sleeping with his head on the space between your stomach and thigh. You neck feels hurt but the pain is not overwhelming. You look at his peaceful pace. His facial structure is so masculine. You unconsciously touch his cheekbone with your thumb.   His face is warm, unlike your cold fingers. He has grown up so well. You tear up. You actually miss him like crazy. Brian suddenly frowns when he feels something cold on his face. Your heart skips a beat when he opens his eyes.
"You are awake..." He says groggily. You nod. He sits up and scanning your face. You look like you are on the verge of tears.
"Come here," He says, opening his arms. You starts sobbing and jump into his arms.
"Are you scared? It's okay. Everything is fine." He sits on the couch and pats your back softly. You tighten your arms around his neck. Your face buries on the curve of his neck.
"Are you hurt anywhere?" He pulls away to look at your face. Your nose is red, cheeks wet with tears. You shake your head. He wipes your cheeks with his thumbs.
"Don't cry. Do you want to go home?"
"I'm fine." He pulls you into his arms again. This time, he is the one who hug you tightly. His right cheek on top of your head. His warmth makes you feel secure. You snuggle against his chest more. You know this is the only opportunity you have to be this close with him.
Brian closes his eyes. He promises himself he will not lose control and be this close with you again. But this time, he wants to enjoy every moment. Brian knows it isn't right. He is engaged and you already have a boyfriend. All those years he spent longing for you. He wants to let the feels out so that he would forget you completely after this.
Brian cups your face. He leans in to kiss you but your turn away. His lips landed on you cheek. He stays there, closing his eyes. You put your palm on his chest, pushing him away but he is too strong for you. He titles his head to kiss your lips again but you refuse.
"Brian!" You push his hands away and cup his face. "Don't do this. Don't cheat on your fiancee. Please..." He glares at you before slapping your hands away from his face. You though he is going to leave but he pulls you closer to him instead.
His face is only few inches away from your. His eyes are glassy. He is holding back himself. He lands his forehead on your. You close your eyes. You are sure he won't try to kiss you again.
"Let's act like this never happened." He says, barely audible. You nod, eyes still closed.

 


 

"I lost my USB drive!" Yeeun yells.
"What's in there?" Wooyoung asks. Everyone is concerned.
"Personal documents. It's not work-related." She sighs. You eyes them curiously.
"Anyone else lost anything?" Brian asks. Everyone else shakes their heads.
"Yeeun, can you meet me in my office?"
"Sure."
Wooyoung raises his brow at you. You just shrug. You are completely clueless.
"I guess his ex-boyfriend did it." He says, so soft only you could hear it.
"Why?"
"They lived together for years and bought few assets together. I guess it's because of that. As conclusion, don't live with your boyfriend."
You shrug again. You don't know what to say.
"You look sleepy." He comments.
"Because I am."
"Do you want to take a nap?"
"No, I am fine." You laugh.
"If you want, you can go and sleep in my car. I'll cover you. Why are you here anyway? You should apply for a leave and go home after the incident." He nags. You laugh again. He is always like this, acting like he is your older brother.
"It's okay. I'm fine."
"Shin Yoori, Brian wants to meet you." Yeeun appears. You tidy up your table a bit before walking to his office.
"Yes?"
"Go home."
"It's okay I can-"
"I said go home."
"Okay." You surrender. He looks mad so you feel intimidated. You close his door slowly.
"What did Brian say to you? He looks mad." You asks Yeeun.
"It's something private but all I can tell you is he is mad because the security isn't doing their job properly."
"Tell me about it. I always see them hanging around doing nothing." Wooyoung adds.
"Are you going home?" Yeeun questions as she sees you packing your stuffs.
"I'm forced to go home." You pout.
"I'm glad Brian is our boss. You don't listen to anyone but him. Do you like him?" Wooyoung teases you.
"What are you saying? She already has a boyfriend." Yeeun answers his question for you.
"So what? He is only a boyfriend, you can cheat on him anytime."
"It's impossible. Brian is engaged." Yeeun slaps Wooyoung's arm.
"So what? He is only engaged, he can cut off the engagement anytime."
"I want to curse at you so bad but I don't want to waste my energy on you." Yeeun glares at Wooyoung. You just laugh at them.