Prologue

We Were In Love

 

You stretch out, straightening your back. The time is 11.42pm yet you're at the office, working your * off. You have to submit your work to the features editor tomorrow. You fix your glasses on your nose, sipping the warm white coffee. Your eyes never leave the screen of the computer.

You have to work hard. After you graduated college, you were forced by your aunt to raise your younger sister, Yoora. She bought an apartment for your sister and you to live in. After you moved out from her house, she cut all contact. She hates Yoora and you. She only let you lived in her house so that she could have her name on your parent's inheritances.

You are fixing few spelling errors when your smartphone alarm goes off. You pick the smartphone up to turn the alarm off. You smile bitterly when you see the note displayed on the screen of the device.

Happy anniversary! <3

You sniff and let out a laugh. You feel pathetic. You can feel yourself tearing up. You grab a piece of tissue and wipe the corner of your eyes while smiling. You shouldn't think much about it. You still have a lot to do. You shouldn't waste any more minutes.

"Get a grip of yourself, Yoori" you mutter to yourself. You are not sure whether it is because you're alone in the office in the middle of the night or the fact that you haven't sleep for three days in a row, you end up crying.