Dodgeball

The Extra Class

Hoseok POV.

We were all in the locker room changing into our gym clothes. I was still exhausted and my leg was still locked up from last night. All of my friends were glancing at me with worried expressions while they changed. I caught Sungyeol's eyes for a few seconds filled with worry and concern practically begging me to find a way to get out of this. I dropped my gaze and stared at the floor avoiding all of their stares. Once everyone was dressed out we made our way into the gym

There stood all of our teachers. The gym teacher stepped forward and told Tae and Jongin to pick their teams but there was no line up waiting for them to call on us one at a time. Both of them just nodded their heads and we got into our groups. The teachers just sighed in frustration some even rolling their eyes, but we could care less. Our group went to one side of the gym while the other group went to the other side. Everyone was in a ready stance and as soon as the whistle was blown everyone was sprinting towards the balls that were lined up in the middle of the gym.

I just stood there watching as everyone started attacking each other with the red rubber dodgeballs. Grabbing one when it rolls up to my feel. I didn't want to play knowing that if I even try to run my leg will give out ' I should've left with Jackson last night. ' I thought to myself as I blocked a hit from Taemin. The game started to get more and more intense as time went on, eventually the Gym teacher stepped in to stop everyone before someone got hurt only to get knocked down by Taehyung who was throwing a ball at Jongin. Them Mr. Nam came and tried to get everyone to stop but also got hit by Jongin.

While I was watching everything I didn't notice a ball flying towards me untill it powerfully hit my injured leg. Everything around me stopped moving the only thing I could focus on was the feeling of a thousand knives shooting up my leg as I fell hardly to the ground I let out a scream I grabbed onto my leg hugging it to my chest as tears fell out of my eyes from the pain. I looked to see both Jackson and Sungyeol rushing towards me followed by the rest of my group Sungyeol cradled my head into his lap as Jackson tried to pry my hands off of my leg to look at it.

I didn't even realize when the Gym teacher and Mr. Nam came over to us. Mr. Nam got his phone out to what I'm guessing call for an ambulance while the Gym teacher helped Jackson with looking at my leg. I was sobbing and screaming having to have Sungyeol, Taehyung and Chanyeol hold me down while they try and move my leg. Everyone was standing around me even Jongin's group I looked at everyone's pained faces surprised to see that even Jongin's group look worried. I saw Kris who looked worried but also guilty ' He threw the ball ' I thought to myself screaming again when they put my leg back down.

I was just laying on the gym floor Sungyeol wiping the tears off of my face only too be replaced with new ones. Baekhyun was trying to comfort me by gently rubbing my arm while Jackson held onto my hand and talking to me trying to distract me from the pain. Paramedics came rushing into the gym everyone moved away from me as they picked me up and placed me on the girny and rolled me down the hall way to the front door of the school. They then loaded me into the back of the ambulance Jackson jumping in with me.

The paramedics shut the doors and the ambulance started moving, they put an IV into my arm. Jackson was trying to keep me distracted, but the pain was unberrible. We got to the hospital and they rushed me to the emergency room Jackson running with until we reached the emergency room doors. He gave me a very worried look as the doors shut, They placed me on the operating table and put a breathing mask and giving me a shot in my arm. I started to feel dizzy before darkness took over.

 

 

Kris's P.O.V

All of us guys went to the locker room to change to our P.E clothes. It was deadly quite becasue we all knew this won't end up to good to start with and it will cause war between the two groups. I looked up at the other group who were all piled up into a circle mumbling about who knows what, but something caught my eye and that was Hoseok. He was sitting away from his group, laying his head down with a pale face. 'What's up with him?' I said to myself 'Is he still mad from what happened a month ago...Pssh whimp.'

We all got done dressing up and had to stand there to follow directions from the teachers who were just standing. Kai and Taehyung had to pick team, which was obvious who they would pick. We all went to our groups and walked separate ends of the gym. In the middle were red rubber ball. As all of us waited to the whistle to blow I saw again Hoseok who still had that pale face, not really wanting to play the war. I was starting wonder more, I mean it one of the fun things he likes do and it's to play dodgeball.

Suddenly we all heard the whistle. We all ran like furious animals trying to kill each other by the red rubber ball. I picked up to rubber ball and threw them both at Chanyeol who was also trying get me out, but we both miss. Then I try to hit my brother Sungyeol, which I got him out on the third try. When he got out he gave those dirty stares. I just smrik and went back in playing the game. Pretty soon the game was getting intense like seriouly intense.

"Hey!Hey! Stop!"

The Gym teacher a.k.a Penial said walking across the gym. 'That fool is going to get hit by someone' I said to myself.Boom!! Taehyung hit the teacher across the back hard enough you could hear the boom sound. The Gym teacher laid down on the ground screaming for pain, but none of us even mined to stop and help. We just continued playing the game, until another teacher came and tired to stop.

"Guys! Stop!..."

Boom!! Mr. Nam got hit too, but right on the face...Oww... and this time it was Jogin who threw it. Man, thats gotta hurt like hell. Both teachers were rolling on the ground groaning in pain. I don't blame them though.

"Hey! Kris, pass me that ball." Ravi said

"Here!" I said throwing the ball at him. I then turn to my brother Hoseok who wasn't even paying attention he was too busey staring at the struggling teachers. I thougt to myself 'If I hit Sungyeol with a ball and got him out, why not Hoseok.' I grabbed a red rubber ball that was a inch away from me and with all the force I had I threw the ball striaght at Hoseok's leg.

"AHHHHHHHHH!!"

In the it hit him, he fell to the ground screaming in pain. Everybody stopped and looked at Hoseok laying on the ground grabbed his leg against his chest with pain screaming. Sungyeol and Jackson went running up to him trying to calm him down, but he was shaking his head no and not letting go of his leg. Then everybody even my team circle around him. I just stood frozen, looking at the scene. Letting out a small chuckle of disblief I thought 'How come they didn't stop for the teacher and for my idiot brother they did.'

Eventually Mr. Nam hurried and called the abulance.

 

-At the Hospital-

I went running to the hospital to check on Hoseok. To be honest I felt guilty in what I did. Probably because of the jealousy I had towards him. I mean look at him he's good at everything, specially on dancing...maybe that was the reason I was jealous of...

( Flashback )

- A Month Before -

Right before school was over. All three of us went walking home, which was a have to because our parents wanted us to get along with with each other. I had my new phone out that father bought me not to long ago because the old one I had broke by accident. My father said not to break it again or else...well let's just say things won't end well. So I was  looking up for some songs to download, while Sungyeol and Hoseok were mess around as we were walking. Sungyeol was clapping as he tried to rap to a lyrics as Hoseok was dancing to it.

I sighed saying

"Stop before something goes wrong."

"Don't worry Hyung nothings going to happen."

Sungyeol said.

"Yeah, I mean look at me..."

Hoseok said doing  a dance move.

Suddenly he moved closer to me making me drop my phone on the hard gray sement. I bend down hoping the screen didn't break, evidently it did. Holding my phone  I stared at Hoseok with a deadly glare.

"Sorry sorry, Hyung. I didn't mean to-"

With the anger I had I grabbed Hoseok by the collar.

"Woah woah "

Sungyeol said trying to pull me away from Hoseok, but I just ignored still glaring at Hoseok saying

"Do you think a sorry will fix it?"

Then I threw a punch at him causing him to fall. Quickly he stood up throwing me another punch, a split second later we were throwing punches rolling on the ground.

"Yah! Kris! Hoseok! Stop fighting."

Sunyeol said pull both of us away. Instead he pulled me away from Hoseok who was cleaning off the blood from a nasty scrape he had on his shin because I accidently slammed his leg onto a gutter when we fell to the ground. I kinda felt bad but my anger overpowered the small amount of guilt I had ' He's fine, it's only a scrape ' I thought to myself. Sungyeol then let go of me and rushed to a pained Hoseok. I decided I needed to get away from the distructore before he ruined anything else so I left and decided to spend the week away from my house. ' I'm sure Kyungsoo won't mind. ' I thought to myself as I started walking home first to get clothes and then head to Kyungsoo's house.

( End Flashback )

I had made it to the hospital walking throught the doors and heading towards the emergency room waiting area. There I saw Jackson sitting in a chair looking like he was about to cry ' Did something worse happen? Did I kill him?!? ' I stopped in my tracks feeling my chest grow tight at the thought ' No way I only hit him in the shin I doubt it's anything serious he's just a baby for reacting like that over a dodgeball ' I decided to sit across the waiting room so that Jackson couldn't see me. ' Wait, where's Sungyeol? ' My question was answered when I saw my brother come from somewhere his face was red and blotchy from tears. He walked up to Jackson who stood up as soon as he noticed, Sungyeol was about to tell him something when all of their group came rushing to where they were standing bombarding them with questions.

I saw Baekhyun yell at everyone to be quiet then turnned to Sungyeol and asked about Hoseok. Sungyeol just looked down at his feet before looking back up at them tears streaming down his face.

" He- He " 

He repeated in a broken voice Baro came up and hugged him, and as soon as he was in his best friends arms he started balling. Everyone's faces looked shocked and pained as if they knew what he was trying to say. I scooted closer trying to get to where I could hear them better. Everyone was silent waiting to hear what he had to say, some even had there own tears streaming down their face. I was surprised to see that Jackson was keeping his in.

" He - He can't dance anymore. H-His leg.. It it's too messed up he won't even be able to walk on it properly for a month. " 

After he said that Jackson fell to his knees releasing a water fall of tears everyone else was trying to get him to stand up with their own tears streaming down their faces. I was frozen in shock ' Hoseok can't dance anymore, and it's all my fault. ' I felt guilt spread through my whole body, tears began to well in my eyes but I pushed them back. I shouldn't be the one crying, Hoseok is the one who should be crying. He can't dance because of me, he'll forever me in pain because of me. I ruined everything, I stood up and walked back out of the hospital. I stopped walking once I reached the spot where my brother's and I used to goof of when we were kids, the first place where I saw how amazing my brother danced. 

" I killed my brother's dream " I whispered to myself as the tears I had been trying to hold back fell down my face.