Matthew's Introduction (OC) (28.1.17)

One Story Per Week Writing Challenge

Matthew Alexander Cohen is a drifter angel. He isn’t a watcher nor a fallen. Just an angel that drifted out of heaven and into earth. Just like Aristide, there is a reason to his very action. It was Bertrand.

From what I know, Matt was a good friend with Bertrand. They were very much like how I would describe Galahad and Helena. They were each other’s guardian, support system and companion. I know from Matt’s anger and jealousy that Bertrand was everything to him before he took on that contract with my family.

Matt came as Bert’s ex cruise mate. He was a little boy with grey-ish black hair and brownish ash eyes. He looks rather Asian despite the fact that he is purely Caucasian. In many ways, he is the poster boy for many Eurasian children. I can tell that Bert had taken a huge liking toward Matt as he is not the type that randomly offer someone to stay with him. In many ways, I can say that Matt is Bert’s “son” just like how Atticus and Aristide is my “son”.

They had a wonderful chemistry together. It’s almost like Matt is a different person when he is with Bert and with me. He seems to hate me or rather, he seems to think that I’m unfit to have Bert as my guardian angel as he still see me as a weakling. Not sure if that was a statement or a challenge. Matt is usually very loving, happy, gentle and compliant around Bertrand, but he is quite an with me. I would say that I’m a little glad that he only has issue with me and not everyone else. He seem to get along with everyone else rather well.

His arrival definitely shock up the dynamics of my household. Davin had a new friend that he could talk to as Matt is in the same level of maturity and intelligent as he is. Atticus had another friend to play with other than Helena. Rob and Richard had another angel brother to hang and gossip about heaven with, obviously. However, it seems that Matt is a bit distant from Helena and Galahad. It could be that Matt is not used to being around a female and that he doesn’t know how to behave or act in front of a Fallen since Fallen was painted in such a bad light. I don’t really know what little Matt is thinking, this is all just my assumption from my observation. I don’t think I need to describe how Matt love being around Bert as it’s extremely clear.