Yay for Happy Endings~

Mr. Different

Narrator’s POV

                “Aigoo~” Hye mi stretched. “I’m tired!”

                “Me too!” the majority of the household agreed.

                “Let’s just calm down from all this excitement, shall we?” Key’s father said. “Feel free to do whatever you want for the night. I trust you all. Just no alcohol.”

                Everyone laughed as happiness filled the room. Ka na yawned and Key said, “Feeling sleepy already?”

                “Ah? No, I’m fine,” she smiled.

                “There you go with your ‘I’m fine’ again,” Key mocked.

                “Oh wait, I need to get something from my room,” she noticed, walking upstairs.

                Ka na took out the present that Onew gave her this morning. She sighed and turned around, to see Key standing in the entrance.

                “What’s that?” he asked.

                “Huh?” Ka na hid the gift behind her back. “Nothing. Just something I have to return.”

                “Did Onew give you that?” he asked.

                “H-how did you know? I mean—don’t get me wrong…he just,” Ka na stammered.

                “I know. It’s okay…I talked to him about it…and he told me,” Key walked in and closed the door.

                Ka na’s eyes widened and she asked, “What did he tell you?”

                “Well he asked how you two would look together…and then he told me about the gift he gave you. He didn’t seem very convinced that you liked him…so I guess he decided to give up. Then I said Hye mi and he looked better together.”

                “Did you know Hye mi liked Onew?” Ka na asked.

                Key nodded and said, “I figured when she kept giving him stares when he talked about you.”

                “Ah…I see…” Ka na looked up at the ceiling, processing the information.

                Key pinched Ka na’s cheeks and said, “You’re so cute.”

                “Yah,” Ka na massaged her cheek. “Don’t say stuff like that. It’s cheesy and ugly.”

                Key grabbed the bottom  of Ka na’s dress, pulled it up and examined the material.

                “Yah!” Ka na yelled, pushing down her dress.

                “Oh and I love the dress by the way~ Totally classy. Looks beautiful on you,” Key flicked his hand in the most homoual way ever.

                “Key what’s wrong with you?” she scoffed.

                “You’re absolutely amazing~” he changed personalities again, stood close to Ka na and caressed her face, staring into her eyes.

                Ka na shifted her eyes somewhere else and gently moved away, “Key! Stop with the cheesy!”

                “Aha! I’ve found your weakness!” Key did a victory dance.

                “Shut up Ki bum!” Ka na yelled back.

                “Don’t call me Ki bum!”

                “Ki bum pabo~” Ka na headed for the door, sticking her tongue out.

                Just as she was going to turn the knob, Key pulled Ka na to the side and cornered her against a wall. She looked at him with wide eyes.

                “Let’s stay here a while,” Key looked at Ka na.

                “Huh…why? W-what…are we going to do?” Ka na said nervously, although she knew exactly what he wanted.

                This time, Key crashed his lips onto Ka na’s. And they both liked it, wishing that time could just stop.

                “Ka na-ah~” Key’s mother said from outside.

                The two averted their attention to the door, scared that she would open the door. Key moved a bit back in case she did.

                “Neh?” Ka na responded.

                “Come down soon, alright? Let’s all celebrate together,” she said.

                “Okay, I will,” Ka na said.

                Ka na looked back at Key and blushed. She looked at the gift that she was going to return back to Onew and said, “Let’s go.”

                “I don’t want to,” Key whined.

                Her heart pounded faster with every look that Key gave her. Secretly, she didn’t really want to go either, but it would be suspicious to stay here any longer.

                Key sighed at Ka na’s unwavering determination to leave. “Alright, let’s go.”

                Ka na smiled and said, “Good boy.”

                “I’m not a dog,” he pouted.

                Ka na smirked and said, “Ki bummie is a good boy~”

                “Yah shut up!” he complained as they both walked down the stairs.

                Ka na walked over to Onew and handed him the gift. She bowed and said, “Sorry…I’ll give this back to you.”

                Onew took it and said, “I’m sorry if I made you felt uncomfortable.”

                She shook her head and said, “It’s alright.”

                Key, feeling a bit of friendly jealousy, pulled Ka na and grumbled, “Okay, come on.” Ka na chuckled at his possessiveness.

                “Where are we going?” she asked.

                “I’m gonna make a speech,” Key answered, as they walked up to the corner of the bar and sat up on a barstool.

                Key whipped out a microphone out of nowhere and said, “Okay…uhh…I’ve never used this…but let’s just go with it.”

                A bit of laughter came from the “audience”. Ka na smiled cutely at him.

                “Anyway,” Key continued. “I’m really glad that everyone here is…well…here. And although I’m extremely sorry for Ka na and her family, I hope that you all will also be able to enjoy this Winter Break and this Christmas party. I’m extremely happy to be able to spend it with people this year. It may not seem like much, but having a celebration like this has made me really happy.”

                Key paused and smiled, then looked back at the audience and continued his speech.

                “Last night, Ka na talked to me about something. About what defines rich people and poor people. And what separates them and the types of people that seem to belong to those kinds of classes. Yes, although I, my parents and Jonghyun may have a lot of money, I don’t think everyone should believe that we are bad people who are greedy. Other than money, there are always going to be all sorts of people. Snobbishness, greed, and being mean don’t always mean rich. Sad and depressed doesn’t always mean poor. Each class gets a lot of stereotypes and hate from the others, but they don’t realize that everyone is there for a reason. ”

                Ka na looked at Key compassionately. He had actually thought about what they talked about that night.

                “These days, it seems like life is all about what is fastest, most efficient, the best. We don’t even realize what we actually have.”

                Ka na thought about the robbery and her vision started getting foggy.

                “A lot of people never think about what life is about. Nowadays, it’s all about who gets the most fame, the most money, the best car, the biggest house and so on. I guess once something does happen, it’s hard to figure out what to do then. After all, the faster we go on with our lives, when we hit an obstacle, there’s going to be a bigger collision and more mess. But it takes knowing that life is life and it shouldn’t be taken too seriously. Getting back up and going on and adjusting is all part of the adventure. Regarding classes of people, there are always some things that apply to each: abstract things like love and life, and hate and death. We can still get along, if we all value those things. It’s during these things like Christmas or New Years that we realize what we still have. Material things will disappear. Emotions, feelings, memories and experiences don’t. So let’s just judge people less and understand them more.”

                A tear rolled down Ka na’s cheek. She looked up and she noticed a few others also beginning to get watery eyes. She chuckled softly and wiped her cheek quickly.

               Key saw her and smiled. “I know this is cliché, and it doesn’t seem to really apply, but I think we all should enjoy life, even just the smallest things. People are sociable beings. And emotions are partly instinctive and partly learned. We learn from each other what to love and what to value. In the end, it actually doesn’t matter if you have your car but at the least the comfort of another human next to you. Life is hard. But that’s what makes it actually more worthwhile right? It’s nice to recap everything that’s happened so far with your loved ones and laugh and make fun about it. Worry less, laugh more. Confidence and strength will bring success.”

               Key’s “audience” had pretty much begun bawling at his words. Key sniffled and smiled slightly.

               He sighed and said, “So let’s cheer up and celebrate some more.”
               

               His audience clapped and cheered. Ka na hugged him tightly. Then they all celebrated happily for the next two weeks. Key’s parents had generously helped Ka na’s family with issues with money. Key made many friends. Ka na enjoyed the different lifestyle that she could now have. 

              After all, life isn’t just life, it should be an adventure. Trying new things, exploring around, figuring out what the future should be but still enjoying the present while accepting the past, and spending time with the people that one loves the most…that’s what it’s about.

              Let's put aside out differences and see all of us as people who are just waiting to find what is hidden in a little treasure box called life.

 

the beginning. 

 

------------------------------------------

A/N: ahaheh "the beginning" see wut i did there :D

anyways that was cheesiness and fluffiness explosion right there. i enjoy writing those kinds of stories. :)

thanks for reading~ once again, this was a short fic for a contest (linked in the description/foreword) ^-^

it was really fun to write xD

 

OH BTW. WHILE I WAS WRITING THIS, I WAS PLANNING ON MAKING ANOTHER FIC ON THIS. I HAD OTHER CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS THAT I MADE FOR THIS, BUT I ERASED THEM CUZ IT DIDNT FIT WITH THE STORY. THOSE CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS ARE A LOT MORE DETAILED AND IN DEPTH, SO YEAH.

IT'S TECHNICALLY NOT A SEQUEL, BUT IDK. MAYBE I WILL MAKE IT INTO A SEQUEL. :)

 

THANKS FOR READING! <3