Pretty Houses and More Confessions

Mr. Different

Ka Na’s POV

                Onew huh? I thought to myself, sitting in my class, as I stared out the window. It had just begun to snow and the windows were becoming frosty and cold. The ground outside slowly was blanketed in a pure white, fluffy, chilly material. The roads were silent as this side of world began to work. Tomorrow was the beginning of Christmas break. I looked at Onew, who was also in my class, and wondered if I could somehow get Hye mi and him together.

                “Ahh…Ka na noona…” I suddenly found Onew standing in front of me. I didn’t even realize that he had moved from his seat.

                “Oh,” I smiled. “What’s up?”

                “I wanted…to give you this,” He somewhat shyly said and presented a red and green wrapped box in front of me.

                “For me?” I asked, surprised.

                His head was bowed down and he nodded furiously. I took the gift and said, “Thank you Onew…but what is this for?”

                “For…Christmas…” he slowly clarified.

                I could see his face now, and from what I saw before, it had become at least 3 different shades more intense of red. He walked away soon after as the horror struck my mind: Onew…he couldn’t possibly like me right?!

 

---------------------------------------

 

                I stuffed the gift into my locker before Hye mi could see. Oh no...how am I going to do this? If he likes me then—then I can’t help Hye mi! If she finds out, she’ll hate me forever!

                I looked around, hoping no one would come and see what I was doing. I pressed myself against a locker and heaved a huge sigh.

                “WOAH WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU GLOMPING MY LOCKER?!” someone yelled.

                I instinctively opened my eyes and moved away, stammering, “I-I’m sorry! I didn’t know it was your lo—”

                “Oh. Ka na,” the person, I recognized as the “diva Key”, calmly said.

                “Ahh….hello,” I also calmed down.

                “I didn’t know your locker was over here,” he flashed a fake smile.

                I stayed silent. What was that? Was he trying to make fun of me or something? That definitely was not a real smile. I watched as Key hummed a Christmas tune to himself and opened his locker. I leaned over just enough to see what was inside. It was pink. Period. Just kidding, but the majority was. It would be the typical locker for a blond, rich stuck-up “queenka”, which Key WAS, except he’s a male. Why is he so strange? I bet if I looked at a 100 other male lockers, it would smell, have sporty things in there, and be extremely messy. On the other hand, Key…he had various pictures of magazine stars and models, a bunch of pictures of Jonghyun and him being all cutesy and then there’s me.

                Wait…why am I in his locker? Why is that picture of me so creepy looking? Did I not know he took this picture?!

                I lunged at his locker and snatched the picture right off.

                “Ki bum-oppa!” I yelled, using formalities to make him mad. “What is this?! Why am I in your locker? And why is this such a creeper angle?!”

                He gasped and said, “You weren’t supposed to see that!” He tried getting it from me with no avail.

                “Answer my questions Ki bum!”

                “I-I don’t want to!” he desperately tried to get the picture back. “And don’t call me that! My name is Key!”

                I held the photo close to my chest and said, “It’s because…you…”

                “It’s not because I like you or anything!” he raged.

                Well. I was going to ask if it was because he liked my dress (I mean, I would expect him to like those things), not ME, but that explanation kind of relieved me as well. I don’t want a drama queen after me, especially after Onew…

                “Ah! Got it!” Key jumped around in victory seeing that he finally got the picture of me back.

                “So why do you have it?” I put my hands on my hips.

                “I like this picture,” he answered. “I don’t know why. I just do. I like your skirt and how your hair looks here. Very…elegant.”
                I believed him. I knew Key would be the type of person to say those sorts of things, not to mention he said it pretty naturally. There wouldn’t be any way that he liked me either.

                “Ohh, by the way,” he turned back to me before walking to his next class. “Jonghyun’s my only lover anyway. Don’t worry about me liking you or anything.”

                “Whatever, Mr. Princess,” I joked.

                He smirked and I nodded back. As he walked away, I heaved another sigh, this time of relief.

 

---------------------------------------

 

                It was now lunchtime after half a day’s of tiring work…and awkwardness. I usually went to my table with Minho, Taemin, Hye mi and few of my other friends. However, when I got there today, not only Key and Jonghyun there, but Onew as well.

                “Oh Ka na unnie!” Hye mi waved to me.

                I waved and sat down next to her. I whispered in her ear, “What is Onew doing here? And Key?”

                Hye mi started to get a bit red looking at Onew and whispered back, “I don’t know. He—he just decided to come. I have no idea why Key and Jonghyun is here either.”

                “Ka na noona,” Onew coyly smiled at me.

                “Yes?” I cautiously asked, remembering what Hye mi said and what happened this morning.

                “Did you open it?” he asked.

                A shock went right through me as I knew I was about to be killed by Hye mi. Attempting a smooth recovery, I said, “W-what?”

                “My g—”

                I coughed and kicked Onew in the shins.

                “Ow!” he yelled as Key and Jonghyun jumped from the sound.

                “What is he talking about?” Hye mi asked me.

                I nervously laughed and said, “I don’t know either…Ah! So Key, what are you doing here?”

                Key excitedly got up close to me and said, “A CHRISTMAS PARTY TOMORROW!”

                “That doesn’t really explain it,” I squinted at his bright smile and shiny-ness.

                “I wanted to invite you Ka na,” he said joyfully. “Well, I’ll probably invite all of you guys then.”

                “I like parties!” Hye mi smiled.

                “Why all of a sudden?” I asked.

                “I guess I wanted to make up for what happened today at the lockers,” Key poked at his food. “So yeah! You guys all have to come alright? Gimme your numbers! I’ll text you all where to meet after school!”

 

--------------------------------

 

                Turned out he just wanted us to meet at the front of the school. When I got there with Hye mi, everyone was already there. Key had two limos waiting for us. Two limos for seven people? Really?

                Minho, Taemin, Hye mi and I shared a limo. Onew, Key and Jonghyun went in the other one.

                The trip to Key’s house was quite a long, but relaxing one. However, once we arrived, I was completely shocked and speechless. The house was not a house—it was a huge, bright, eye-catching mansion. There was a whole entire garden in the front yard, and more foliage leading up to the entrance of the door. The house itself from the outside looked magnificent; the house wasn’t overly detailed nor overly simple, just enough to look expensive and classy.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp41wnCF1x1qkj59xo1_500.jpg

“Well here’s my house guys,” he smiled at us. “Since it’s pretty far away, I’ve already contacted your parents or guardians and they know you’ll all be staying here for the break.”

                “The whole break?!” Hye mi exclaimed.

                “That’s two weeks,” Taemin also naïvely exclaimed.

                “Exactly,” Key said. “It’ll be fun!”

                “Woah Key hold on,” I walked up to him. “I don’t get why you’re making us stay. What if we don’t want to?”

                “Well, does anyone want to go home?” he asked. No one raised their hand or voiced out. He looked back at me and said, “See? There’s no problem.”

                “That’s the problem!” I pleaded. “What are you doing? We’re not even your close friends or anything other than Jonghyun.”

                Key’s smile disappeared and went into a sullen look. “What’s wrong with wanting to make some new friends then?”

                I stayed silent, thinking if what I said was too harsh. I mean…I understand wanting to make friends but aren’t we allowed a choice to do what we want for break? Maybe I’ll just leave after the party tomorrow.

                It didn’t really matter how I felt then, because once Key opened the door, I almost fainted from the grand-ness of everything. The walls were golden and soft, warm colors. The furniture was earthly colors and inviting textures of cotton and silk. The floor was built with wooden planks, but a soft, ticklish, but comforting rug covered most of it. Across from this room, which seemed to be just the entrance room, was a staircase, divided to left and right. I stood there, between the two stairs and stared at the open-ness of the house.

                http://www.flickr.com/photos/yyellowbird/6287101231/

                The house seemed like it would be very old, traditional and dreary with all the warm colors, but the huge windows from the windows let in a white light that washed the house with a more upbeat, modern feel. I could only imagine how it looked and felt at nighttime.

                “So pretty,” all of us at one point said.

                “Alright guys. This is just the beginning,” he chuckled and we walked up the stairs.

                Upstairs was a hallway, although a very elegant and well-made hallway. There were at least ten doors towards the way we were looking and ten more behind us.

                “Okay, so you can go ahead and pick your room,” Key said. “Each room is different, so just pick your favorite?”

                “Why are they all different?” Minho asked. He seemed to be enjoying this as well.

                “I like variety,” Key smiled. “And I like to change the room styles often. So instead of having one room, I have all these.”

                “Do you live alone?” Onew asked.

                “No, my mother and father live here too. They’re somewhere here. Probably preparing for the party. But they have the largest room, and you’ll be able to see what I mean. You can’t go inside, alright?”

                We agreed and I thought to myself, Oh of course there’s that secret room.

                “Pick your rooms and then I’ll show you guys where everything else is.”

                Hye mi and I walked into the rooms together, marveling at each one. I personally really like the modern looking rooms, so I kept a lookout for that.

                In the end, I chose this : http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr5qjfbc8B1qhsrilo1_500.jpg

Hye mi chose this: http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_low1d7sCAP1qkzi0po1_500.jpg

                Minho chose this: http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvaji9c81v1r4wuiwo1_500.jpg

Taemin chose this: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llfhhokT3z1qcb9l4o1_500.jpg

Onew chose this: http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhokud1cw11qcb9l4o1_500.jpg

…and Jonghyun was sharing a room with Key…

As the night went on, we were getting used to the house’s enormity and grandness. We mostly knew where places were: like the kitchen, the living room, the other living room, the other other living room, and the first floor bathroom.

We also met Key’s family and they cooked dinner for the all of us. Afterwards, we were able to do anything.

“You have a backyard right?” I asked Key.

                “Of course I do! Who do you think I am?” he said, proudly.

                “Can I go see it?” I said.

                “It’s snowing outside though,” he said. “Here.”

                He handed me a jacket and I put it on. “Alright let’s go.”

 

Narrator’s POV

                The backyard was covered in Christmas lights and decorations, with the finishing touch of snow. The pool was filled by a sheet of whiteness as well.

                “It’s so pretty!” Ka na said, marveling at the rare sights.

                “I enjoy the backyard as well,” Key agreed.

                Ka na began to walk around for a while, looking at how big even the back of the house was.

                “Yah…aren’t you c-cold?” Key finally said, rubbing his arms vigorously and pacing around.

                “Not really,” Ka na smiled. “It’s kind of exciting.”

                “Ohh, look who’s enjoying this now,” Key smirked.

                “Hey what are you trying to say?” Ka na walked over to him.

                “Change your mind about leaving now?” Key continued mocking.

                “Ki bum you’re too mean!”

                “YAH MY NAME IS KEY.”

                “Ki bum, Ki bum~” Ka na sang.

-------------------------

 

                Onew wondered where Ka na was. He had been concerned about the gift he had given her, and why she didn’t open it or didn’t want to talk about it. Now, he was staring out the window at Ka na and Key making fun of each other—although to him, it looked like they were having fun.

                “Onew-oppa?” Hye mi stood next to him. “What are you looking at?”

                “No…nothing…” Onew said, but then pointed to Ka na and Key. “They seem to be having fun.”

                “Oh…yeah…” Hye mi said, wishing that she could be able to do that as well.

                “Ah—,” they both said at the same time.

                “Go first,” Hye mi smiled.

                “NO, you go ahead,” Onew looked away.

                “Well…I was going to ask if you wanted to go outside there as well,” she coyly said.

                “Ah…sure,” he agreed.

                The two of them walked outside to meet Ka na and Key, who had begun to throw snowballs at each other.

                “Oh hey guys,” Key said, dodging a snowball.

                Ka na promptly waved ‘hi’ and dodged Key’s snowball also.

                There was an awkward silence between the four of them until Minho comes out and says, “Ka na, your phone’s ringing.”

                Ka na rushed back inside the house, leaving the three left.

                “Can I ask you two about something?” Onew broke the silence.

                “Sure,” both Key and Hye mi said.

                “How do you think I would look with Ka na?” he asked.

                “How you look…? As in like…a couple?” Key asked. Hye mi’s expression grew into a face of worry and shock.

                “Yeah…” Onew held his hands together.

                “Do you like her?” Key asked.

                Onew didn’t say anything but only slightly nodded. For Hye mi, she stayed silent, but inside her she was crying.

                “I—I don’t know…” Key pondered. “You two don’t really have the same…personalities though. you kind of fit someone like…like Hye mi or somet—”

                “Ahh!” Hye mi screamed and ran back inside the house. She clearly didn’t want to hear it anymore.

                “What just happened?” Onew asked, he finally looked up and saw that neither of the girls were there anymore.

                Key sighed, put two fingers on the bridge of his nose and shook his head, “Love triangles.”

 

---------------------------

2nd chapter~~ it's a lot longer than the first one hahaha. xD

anyway yeah... wonder what's gonna happen?

thanks for those who have subbed ^-^