Christmas

Mr. Different

Narrator’s POV

                “Good morning, everyone! Merry Christmas!” Key’s mother greeted everyone at the table for breakfast.

                “Merry Christmas!” everyone else yelled happily.

                “So today I hope everyone enjoys themselves,” Key’s father added. “I’ve made the department store all to everyone’s pleasure today, so please go ahead and pick out whatever you want. Take it as my Christmas present. Oh! And don’t forget to buy some presents for each other!”

                Everyone murmured to each other in ecstasy, being able to have free things and such.

                “Let’s go shopping unnie!” Hye mi immediately grabbed onto my arm. “I wanna go shopping for some presents~”

                “I’ll go with you,” Key said, grabbing his car keys.

                “Ah—I want to go too,” Onew said. Hye mi looked at him painfully but switched to a forced smile when Onew glanced back at her.

                The department store was one of those amazing, huge, places where you’d wish you owned. The dresses were magnificently well-made, designed, and of course, expensive.

                Hye mi began to take out several dresses and handed some to Ka na, as Ka na also chose some outfits that appealed her.

                “Let’s go try it on!” Hye mi said excitedly, and Ka na followed along happily.

 

Key’s POV

 

                Onew had gone to look for a suit for the party this evening. I insisted on going with him, but he wanted to pick himself, so I ended up following the girls.

                How cute… Key smiled to himself silently as he watched Ka na happily sort through the dresses and picking out her favorite ones. I’ll look forward to see how she looks.

                “Should I come out?” Ka na asked.

                “Ahh wait! I—,” Hye mi, in the fitting room next to Ka na’s, started.

                A loud announcement from the department store’s speakers boomed and interrupted what Hye mi said. Aish, it’s so loud, I thought.

                “What?” Ka na asked. Thinking that Hye mi was out already, she opened the door, only to make direct contact with me.

                I stumbled trying to stand up straight and stared at her speechlessly. Her figure fit the dress perfectly. http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/midnight-blush-dress

                “Ahem…” I looked away, embarrassed and I didn’t want her to see my face.

                “Hey don’t look away! Is it that ugly looking on me?” she pouted.

                “No,” I immediately denied. “I-I mean it’s pretty…pretty decent…”

                “Fine, I’ll just change into a different one then,” she went back into the fitting rooms.

                I sighed, “It looked perfect on you, actually.”

Hye mi now came out. Although she was on the more stick-thin side, the dress made her look more “full”. http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/hollywood-mars-dress

                “It looks pretty nice,” I said.

                “Really?” Hye mi replied happily. “Hmm…but it doesn’t feel that comfortable on me.”


                “How is this?” Ka na asked, as she opened the door. I braced myself. Please don’t get a nosebleed or anything, I pleaded myself.

                 Seeing the dress, it hugged her tightly in all the right areas, and I would know where the right areas were. It really did look absolutely stunning on her, the pink and sparkle not too overpowering. http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/bead-we-say-more-dress

“You’re so pretty in that dress unnie!” Hye mi complimented. “I’m so jealous!”

Ka na shyly scratched her neck. “Thanks...”

I started to blush again and I looked around, hoping that I would see Onew walking by or something.

“KEY!” she yelled at me.

“What?”

“What do you think?” she pointed at her dress.

“It’s nice,” I tried sounding halfheartedly to hide my actual excitement.

“Honestly?” she crossed her arms.

“Eh? You don’t like it?” Hye mi asked, surprised. “I think it looks beautiful~”

Ka na sighed and said, “You go ahead and pick then.”

Okay whatever Key. I don’t know what you’re so nervous for! She’s just Ka na! In a dress! It’s no big deal…you’re used to seeing girls aren’t you? I took a deep breath and finally said, “No…this—this dress looks just perfect on you. It’s good, I like it.”

Hye mi and Ka na seemed shocked at my words. Were they creeped out that I said that? Attempting to make use of my prescence, I took one of the dresses Ka na was going to try on otherwise, and handed it to Hye mi.

“Since you said that the dress didn’t feel that comfortable, try this one on. I think this suits you better,” I said.

Hye mi gratefully took the dress and went to change. http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/fancy-dinner-dress

Ka na sat down on the waiting bench, and I hesitated but eventually ended up sitting next to her as well.

 

Ka na’s POV

 

                I wondered why Key wasn’t saying anything. The silence made me feel awkward, as if we’re both waiting for each other to start the conversation.

                Argh, what can I talk about? I tried thinking.

                “We should go get both you and Hye mi’s hair done afterwards,” he suddenly said, relieving me of the killer atmosphere.

                “Ohh…okay,” I smiled. I enjoyed being able to not even worry about the price of things. It wouldn’t last very long, but I’ll cherish the moment.

                Key moved closer to me and looked at me…or was he looking at my hair? He moved the strands of hair in front of my face out and behind my ears. He fixed my bangs and then made a pondering expression, as if he was trying to figure out how the stylist could make my hair.

                At this moment in time, I noticed how handsome Key actually was. He was a bit on the feminine side, but knowing that he wasn’t actually gay, seemed to have made me realize he’s quite cute…

                I had a crush on Key, didn’t I? I can’t deny the truth that he’s adorable and has a perfect face. I was happy.

                “There,” he smiled at me. “I think you should make your hair like that.”

                “Uhh then why don’t you just do my hair for me?” I blurted out without thinking. I covered my mouth in shock.

                He smirked at my reaction. “I’m guessing I wasn’t supposed to know that.”

                “Yah…”

                “Sure, if you want it, I’ll do it for you,” he casually put his arms behind his head.

                I turned away, hoping that he wouldn’t see me blushing.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

                Hye mi smiled as she looked at the photo she snapped of Key fixing Ka na’s hair. They’re pretty cute together…too bad that Ka na doesn’t like those types of people. It would be better—unnie is better with those types of people.

                “Ah you’re done!” Key realized. Hye mi closed her phone and made a curtsy.

                “How does it look?” she asked.

                “It looks great!” both Key and Ka na said at the same time.

                “Alrighty then!” Key stretched. “Let’s go get your hair done!”

 

-------------------------

 

                At the hair salon, all four of them met up. Key decided that Onew also needed a bit of freshening up to do, so all of them were occupied with getting ready.

                Ka na was the first one to be done, as Key told the hair stylist exactly what he wanted her to do. Key was the second, since he knew what he wanted as well.

                “Bored?” Key asked.

                “No I’m fine,” Ka na replied, although she heaved a sigh.

                “Come on,” Key reached his hand out to her. “Let’s go walk around while we wait for them.”

--------------------------------

kekeke :D