Chapter 5: last pieces

One Last Wish

I don’t know how many days went by, but I didn’t care, being with him was all I could do. Telling the truth was something that I wasn’t strong enough. I kept my word and helped him with whatever he needed and we actually found some more information. His stepfather had killed his dad for his fortune. Married with the widow and lead a careless life after that. The thing is that he spent all the money, all his and the widow’s money but he needed more, so he was after Junho’s part of the fortune. Juhno showed me more of his memories, some of them led us to nothing, and others were just too lonely. His heart was broken, just 3 letters I have written and each one of them brought more pain to his already broken soul.

-just three…- he whispered one night.

-what did you say? - I was watching TV that night,

-just three letters in 6 years… why? - he was looking at me directly in the eyes

-I don’t know! I don’t have memories from before I was this!

-You are lying… -  he stared at me… his ghostly figure wasn’t as thin air as ever, he looked more.... menacing, as if he had meant it,  he could have hit me.

I just kept staring at the TV, even though I wasn’t paying any attention to what was on it right now. My heart was about to explode. He knew I was hiding something from him, but never asked me directly for that little information that I couldn’t tell him. We silently decided that it  was better not to ask, until now, apparently.

-tell me, channie. - his voice was sweet and calm.

-not now… you need to know what happened to you... - he nodded - not what happened to me…

he doubted… but agreed with me. We didn’t talk that night, but I had a dream, an important one.

 

Fragments of glass were around my feet - I knew this was him, this were his feet, this was his dream- darkness all around, the sound of boots against wooden floor. Scared, alone, hurt… terrified, paralyzed, broken.

I moved my hands, my fingers were covered in blood and my left arm hurt like hell, broken.

My head was dripping as well, I must have fell from high above. The shattered glass was of a window, I was running towards the maze now. I was cold and dark and I stumbled against a bush wall and fell. My head hit the ground and I felt dizzy again. A light shone towards me, terror consumed me and I screamed trying to crawl away from this deadly figure that was chasing me.

I saw his face, it was him… my stepfather…

I felt one last to the back of my head and woke up.

 

I looked for him in the dark room but my head was still fuzzy from that hit. I closed my eyes and went out of bed

-Junho? where are you? - I called for him standing still grabbing my head. It still hurt.

-it was him…- I heard him, but more than a voice it was a soft whimper...  

-apparently… that’s why you had to be strong for? HIM!? - I started to lose control, the memory was so strong that I felt he was being hurt right now… but he was there...in my room. His clothes were more like those in my dream and his wounds were showing… lots of them. I sighed and stood in front of him. He looked so weak, so alone...and I couldn’t do anything to comfort him.

-I know- he said softly and went through me

-I’m sorry.. I can’t do much… does it hurt? -I looked at his broken arm, his bruises and his forehead that was dripping blood… everything looked so fresh.

-I… don’t really know, I mean I’m already dead … these -he pointed at his wounds- are just memories,  I think. -he doubted for a bit at the end… but we let it slip. He knew who was the one that killed him and why… does this mean that he is going to disappear? is he going to leave?

My heart stopped and I just stood there, in the middle of my room, with my eyes full of tears that refused to fall.

Not yet, you can’t leave me. Not now that I know what is this that I am feeling.

not now that I know my feelings.

not now,

not now...