Chapter 4: Feelings

One Last Wish

Days went by, turning into weeks,and weeks in months… and the only thing we had discovered was the location of his house.

It was where that park stands today. It was demolished years ago due to the disappearance of all owners and unpaid debts that had led the house to its demise. But it all made sense now, why had I awoken in this site months ago holding tight onto his locket… he had me walking inside his memories, he was the one who remembered the house the best and I didn’t know why but he could connect my thoughts and his to create something like an illusion, a dreamlike sensation but in real life…

We were standing in front of the tallest tree in the park, there where once was his house.

My heart felt heavy, I turned to look at him and saw tears in his eyes. My heart broke. Why, why do I feel like this everytime he cries? Or when he smiles the whole world seems brighter? My hand reached for his face; I wanted to dry the tears that kept falling in silence along his skin, but my hand went straight through his face… I can’t touch him. My heart ache...He looked at me with bright eyes from crying.

-I’m fine, don’t worry- he shrugged and cleaned his ghostly face with his pretty hands… -It’s just that, that I thought we were getting close to something… but there is nothing… NOTHING! - as he screamed the wind went crazy and I had to cover my eyes from the dust and leaves that attacked me. When I opened my eyes again, he was nowhere to be found…

-you have me...- I said to the wind as one lonely tear escaped from one of my eyes. This feeling, was something new, something warm and cold, I felt horrible yet everything was better with him. I was slowly falling for this ghost boy whom I could not touch. It was such a lonely but wonderful feeling…

I knew he wouldn't just disappear, but I was afraid… I thought, what if he doesn’t return?

I walked home, I cooked, I ate...he didn’t appear…

It was past midnight and I was in front of the computer, reading some of the information we had gathered the past 6 months… and I out, I think, because suddenly the vision of the brand new house was in front of me.

-follow me- I heard, it was the same boy (should I say me?) of the last dream, only taller and looked as if he was 15…

-come on, the maids have lost you, we should be safe for a while- he( or I) said this and grabbed my(his) hand.

We ran through the gardens, petals were sticking  on my clothes, I could hear the maids calling for their young master. We entered a labyrinth made out of tall bushes, while our hands were together my heart felt light and warm. I knew this feeling, I felt the same these past months with him, only this memory  belonged to him. This feeling was his… he was in love with this boy… he was in love with me.

We reached the center of the labyrinth, it was a circle full of roses and pretty little blue flowers. In the middle, there was a little tree, of only a few inches tall… The tree of the park…

We stopped, and he smiled at me, letting my hand in between his.

-I did this with  the help of my dad, it’s your present. A secret place for you to hide whenever you need… only I know the path to this place and I have just showed you. It’s yours…-

I felt his happiness, and his love…

-this is… so beautiful, thank you Chan…but...- his trembling voice answered with joy.

-also this is yours - the me of that era searched something in his pocket and letting his hand go hugged him. - this locket will keep you safe. It has great power. - he stepped back and a locket hung from the neck of young Junho… it was the locket that I had found…

-but, why are you giving me such beautiful presents? my birthday is in two weeks...-

- I’m giving you this because I love you… and I want you to be always safe...- a sad smile broke into his face- also, I have to leave…- Junho looked at me confused…- I  know… my dad wants me to go and study to be something more than just a gardener… he enlisted me in a school abroad… I won't be able to stay by your side as I promised...I’m sorry-

I felt his pain, his desperation, his agony of being torn apart from his beloved one…

-here, -he grabbed Junho’s hand- let me tell you this, what I feel for you will never go away -he place junho’s hand on his heart- this belongs to you and you only; and I do promise this, I WILL come back to you as soon as possible… so please, don’t cry…- he hugged Junho, making him cry even more… - I’ll come back to you, I’ll find you no matter what, you hear me? I’m not abandoning you. I could never leave you. So please, be strong.

I could feel everything as if was happening to me, I opened my eyes and saw a ghostly figure around me. He was hugging me… and I was crying a river…

 

Once my head and emotions calmed down, I spoke to him… about what happened in my… his memories…

He told me that he only remembered things whenever he touched me or was at a place where he had been before, just as today…

-the tree… right? - he nodded… his eyes hadn’t met mine since I woke up from his memory.

-that was the last time I saw you…you never came back...- he waited for how long? why did he have to be strong for? why didn’t I come back...that feeling was so strong for it to be a lie…

-I know what are you thinking right now, but I don’t know why you never came back… I waited 6 years until… - he left that sentence unfinished… we just sat there, looking away in the distance. Feelings that were too strong to stay inside were filling the atmosphere of the room… we both felt it. My soul remembered him. My heart had being his all those years, even now.

 

After that night I decided to look something else. Not the story of the house, nor the whereabouts of the household. I searched for me.

He remembered my name so I looked it up, it took me a lot of effort. The library had nothing about my past me, so I asked him to remember that day again.

-Could you do it? remember what I said, where was I going? - it was painful, I knew, but he did what I asked… the same scene was played in my head, the tree, the scent of flowers, the warm hug and the feeling of solitude that came after that… it was helpful, the name of the school was there, and we looked it up. I didn’t tell him right there what I found… I waited a little bit until our last moments together, but that day I just told him what he needed to know: that after 4 years I had finished my studies and had booked a trip to return to him… I never told him that my past me never made it to the ship. The past me was sent to Europe to study, enlisted to become a layer… after the second semester the school had erased me from the archives. Death due to tuberculosis. I never made it back to him, because I died before I could. Nobody told him at the mansion. Nobody liked our relationship. They sent me away because they knew what we felt for each other.

The maids, his family, my father… they all were planning to separate us.

And they did.

***************************

Thank you for reading and please wait for chapter 5. I'm writing it as fast as I can ;3;

Love,

Alice