Chapter 3: The Search

One Last Wish

Our days together began like that, we were joined by fate. I promised him that I would search the house and recover his memory. I also promised to write everything down  so his story won’t be forgotten.

-what are you doing? - he asked me when I was getting ready to continue our search in the town’s library.

-I’m going to wear your locket, so you can come with me- his smile was the prettiest thing I had ever witnessed. My heart jumped.

-Am I going with you?!- his excitement was such that made me laugh

-if I find something I want you to be with me. Besides, you get bored every time you’re alone.-

It had been 2 months already, and we became closer day by day. I discovered that he could go only where his locket was, so I decided to carry him with me… I liked his company.

So we went out, I wore a handsfree device, so I could talk to him without looking crazy, that way everyone will think I was on the phone.

-that’s quite clever- he said while we were walking down the street towards the park. I nodded, shyly- besides, those objects… are so futuristic! I mean, in my time those weren’t even in our imagination! -he was completely astonished by the modernity of my time, I could only laugh quietly while looking at his amazed and pretty face. I smiled too.

We didn’t discover much; old newspapers talking about the disappearance of the only child of the Lee household. Nothing about how it happened or his possible whereabouts. It was sad, but we were getting closer to the truth. Or at least, that’s what I thought.

That night I dreamed. The same house as before, but this time it was brand new, large gardens full of flowers and shrubs. Maids allover the place, waiting for master’s orders. Laughter and a child. There was an old painting, a huge painting hanging on the wall of the central room. There was a family of 3. Father, mother and son, a 5 year old child with white skin and almond eyes. Him.

The strange feeling came after, the boy was not the one running up and down the stairs. He resembled more someone else, I knew this boy but didn’t know from where. I followed him to a closed door at the top of the stairs.

-this is our secret place- he said and opened it with a creek, inside was another painting. The same mother and son were there, but the father was someone completely different!

-father told me, you know, the man who keeps your favorite flowers smiling-

-Told you what?- I responded, and my voice sounded childish yet lonely.

-that man on this picture is your real father, that other man in the hall is who killed him. For money- that information? Why? What am I seeing? I felt scared and stepped back but a tiny hand grabbed mines. His were warm and soft.

-don’t cry, I will protect you, you are my master after all, and …- my child heart was full of emotions as our lips joined in a playful kiss.

I woke up…In the corner of my eye was a tear but, that wasn’t my dream… I saw him floating next to the window, looking quite puzzled and with the look as if he had been crying. He’s always crying.

-that was you? Right? - I asked him.

-those were you and me… -

 

That night, I asked him no more. I felt his pain, his solitude… It hurt me to the point where I could not speak about what happened. During the following days I had more visions, while I was asleep. One night I pretended to be sleeping and found out that the visions occurred whenever he touched me. That night he kissed my forehead and I had a glimpse of a broken window and a crying in the distance.

I now know that what I was seeing were his memories…

****************************

Woa, 200 views so far? with only 2 chapters! Thank you very much for reading my fic and for waiting patienly for the chapters. I really appreciate it! I'm sorry for being slow but I promise you that chapter 4 will be tomorrow ! ('cause I already have it finished) and chapter 5 is coming along.
Thank you very much once again for reading this fic :3 <3 I'll be back with more soon!

Love,

Alice