Hyuk - Bad Day

VIXX imagines collection

Note: relatable for the bad days :')

____________________

You are having a bad day. From the morning, you were late to work. And then, you were scolded for being late. As a punishment, you were given extra work to add on to your already numerous work. 


Glancing on your wristwatch, you let out a tired sigh.

11:30 p.m.

It's almost midnight!

And here you are, literally dragging your feet, your shoulders drooping and your head heavy from the stress. You walked or dragged yourself to your home. You just want today to end as quickly as possible.

Pushing the front door open, your jaw dropped.

Your house is in total mess! Everything is scattered around. The cushions are thrown recklessly around the living room, there are also food leftovers on the table with a few of chicken chunks on the floor. It's so dirty! Being a clean and neat person, you are enraged seeing your lovely house is not in the condition like how you left it before leaving for work. On the couch, there sits a man playing video game using your tv and the loud sound of guns and bombs from the game irritates you so much.

The guy on the couch turns his head around and sees you staring at him with wide eyes.

Unaware of your mood swing, the man, or your boyfriend, Hyuk, grins. "Hey! You're home!" he makes his way towards you.

Your chest is heaving with anger, sadness whatsoever you are feeling. Without you noticing, you start to cry.

Hyuk stops on track, stunned seeing your reaction. "B-babe? You OK? What- What happened? Why are you crying?" he panics.

You slams the front door shut and runs to your room before locking yourself inside.

Hyuk stumbles on his feet trying to get to you.
----
After you don't know how long, you finally calm down and get out from your room.

 
You walks to the living room wanting to apologize to Hyuk for your mood swing earlier. You gaped after seeing the living room that was in a total mess before suddenly is so neat and tidy as if the horror you saw just now is just a dream. Hyuk must have do the cleaning while you were dealing with your emotinal tide in your room earlier.

You look for Hyuk but he is nowhere to be found. Feeling sorry, you call him.

"Hey!" his cheerful voice calms you down.

Before you even manage to say anything, Hyuk talks again.

"Babe, can you please open the door? My hands are full," with that he hangs up.

Slightly running to the front door, you swing the door open.

In front of you, there stands Hyuk, in his hands, there is a bouquet of chocolates. He is also holding a transparent plastic bag from a convenience store nearby with two tubs of ice cream inside.

"Um, I'm sorry for the mess earlier. I bought us chicken. I didn't know you are going to be late today so I got bored while waiting and I was hungry so I ate the chicken and played video games," he explains in one breath.

"I... Honestly, I didn't expect you to be mad over a chicken set," he pouts mumbling quietly.

You chuckle in response to his sincere apologies. 
He hands you the chocolate bouquet and grins. "Sorry?" you take the bouquet from him.

Smiling, he pulls you into a tight hug. "Sorry for being angry. I was not in a good mood, and seriously? Do you really think I was angry because of the chicken? I am just... having a bad day," you sigh still in his warm embrace.

Hyuk is always so warm.

You like being in his arms since he radiates the warmth that makes you feel safe and protected.

"Talk to me about it," he pulls away from the hug and you silently complains. You want to stay longer in the hug but you nod and pull him to sit on the now tidy couch.

"Here, I bought your favourite ice cream~" he says and opens up a tub of ice cream. It's cookies and cream!

"Yay! Thank you Hyukie!" you exclaim and give him a quick peck on his cheek.

You sit there and talk about your bad day while eating ice cream. Hyuk listens to you intently and occasionally, he will give an overdramatic response and that will make you laugh immediately. You always love Hyuk because of this. He always know what to say and do to make you happy. Eventhough sometimes he might be a bit cheeky and childish, you can't stay mad at him for long.

"By the way, why the surprise visit?" you ask while scooping the last bit of ice cream into your mouth.

Hyuk smiles and he lets out a sigh. "Ah, it's just that... they are having a fight again, Hongbin hyung and Jaehwan hyung are blaming each other for the broken keyboard. Hakyeon hyung already bought a new one for them though, they stop quarelling but sometimes they keep on sassing each other out and I am just a bit tired so yeah I just want to loosen up a bit," he holds your hand and plays with your fingers. 


You start to feel guilty for lashing out at him earlier.

Seeing the look of guilt on your face, Hyuk smiles. "Don't worry! It's nothing much. I'm fine now," You don't even know that he is having a bad day too. You never ask.

As you were about to open your mouth to say something, Hyuk shuts you up with a kiss. "No, I don't want to listen to anything, let's sleep, it's already late," he wraps his arms around you and sings you to sleep and together, both of you fell asleep on the couch.