Thank you

Beauty Hidden 【Underneath the monster mask】
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter





 

“Yifan.”


Zitao fought so hard not to jump and hug the prince, the relief that wash through him was so overwhelming. Never had he thought that seeing the other's face could make him feel happy like this. “I'm so glad to see you,” Without thinking, the word slips from his mouth before he can stop it.



Even by the light of the moon, amazement was plainly written on prince Yifan’s face.



Zitao found himself gazing at prince Yifan’s undeniably handsome face. But when it hit him, about what he said earlier, he could feel his face reddening, “ohh...um what-what I mean is, is that! It's nice to see you, be-because, you know I was alone, and-and having another companion is-is great! Yeah, yeah that's right!”, Zitao was literally shouting, “ and not the other way around. Oh no, nope, not-at-all.”Zitao shake his head frantically.


Much to his horror, prince Yifan amusement was only growing, “I have no clue about the ‘other way around’ mean is. Why? Is there?”


Zitao blink, “What? No! Of course not”, he laugh drily, “What are you talking about?”.


Prince Yifan didn't answer back, his face suddenly become serious while looking down at him.



Zitao cleared his throat, “So.. what now?”, He asked pretending to look around, well aware of the other intense gaze toward him.



“We'll stay here for tonight. And tomorrow we'll find our way out here at the same time find Chanyeol and the others”.


“Right,” Zitao agreed, “I really hope that we'll find them. And get out of here as soon as possible, this place give me a creeps,” He lean forward toward prince Yifan and whisper, “Did you know that this place is a curse, Chanyeol told me so.”


Prince Yifan rolled his eyes at him, and Zitao wonder how unfair it is for a person to look so handsome even with just rolling eyes, “of course, Chanyeol told you that.” Prince Yifan shakes his head with a sigh, “There might be a lot of rumors about this place, but just like I said, let's not let it get ahead of ourselves. Beside Chanyeol can be a pretty troll sometimes, so don't listen to him all the time, he might be doing it to scare you.”


Zitao blink, “So the story is not true?”


“Yeah.”


“But...but what about this?” Zitao pointed at himself and his surroundings.



“What about what?” Prince Yifan asks nonetheless.




“I’m pretty sure, you know what I'm talking about.”


Prince Yifan sigh again, “Look,” he started, “listen to what I said, okay. When I said that the story are not true, It's not true,” He stop for a moment. “Now if you keep thinking that it is, you better stop it. Because it might come true.” Prince Yifan warned.


Zitao eyes widen, “Rea-really?”


“Yeah.”


“Are you really sure? Because I- ,”



“Oh for goodness sake! Would you stop! I already said that it's not true, alright? Now stop making assumptions, it could only bring you bad.”



“So Chanyeol is just trolling me?”



Yifan had seriously had enough, the more he talk to prince Zitao the more his anger grow. His not really the calm type of person, when he snap he would totally snap.


Immediately, his eyes sparkle a flash of fury, toxic words ready to be spit toward prince Zitao at full force. But all at once, when his eyes land on prince Zitao.


All at once, his anger, was again, gone in a matter of second.


It almost amaze him, at the same time scare him of how the other could have this (weirdly suspicious) impact at him.


Just by looking at the boy's gesture, without even knowing of what face his wearing right now, was enough for Yifan’s heart to drop.




The other was clutching at his cloak. His hand, Yifan could see how his hand was shaking. It must have been traumatic for him, Yifan thought mindlessly.


Maybe he's just being too harsh on him?


Should he apolog-wait, isn't that what he is tho. He has been and always well be a harsh and cold person, period.


“I'm sorry.”


“Huh?”


“I'm sorry for making you angry….I'm….just scared you know.” Zitao murdered.


Of course Yifan knew, he knew that he would be scared, but not to this instinct that is. The truth is Chanyeol’ story was not a lie. It just that there's a rule to this place, if a person would travel this mountain scared, hopeless, and relentless, then they would be more likely for them to be lost. It's better to be clueless, Yifan had learned from the monk, because a clueless person are less scared person, and a less scared person can clear his mind and think clearly.


So that's the reason why he lied, He didn't want prince Zitao to be scared.


But now he ended up shouting and scolding the other.


“I was really scared the moment that it hit me that I was lost. Chanyeol’ story kept on playing in my mind.” Zitao clutches his cloak more, embarrassed to tell the other the truth.


A moment of silence past as neither of them speaks, and Zitao blink at the other's face, whose face suddenly soften.



Yifan speak first, breaking the silence. “Rest, we'll have a long day tomorrow,” he order and made his way to his horse.



Zitao sigh, and lean his back at the rock beside him, soon, he drifted off to sleep in a sitting position.


Yifan ties his horse first in a nearby branch of tree, and then sit himself a bit far away from prince Zitao, but just enough to see and check him.







At the same night of the Shanghai kingdom, is where King Zhoumi and Queen Victoria still reside. They both didn't leave the palace yet when moment they realize that Zitao is missing, Queen Victoria has been worrying nonstop, demanding her husband to do something as quick as possible to find Zitao, the once calm Queen was starting to lose her mind as she always think of any possible scenarios in her mind that could be happening to Zitao right now and then.


King Zhoumi was nothing but calm, which is good tho, considering Queen Victoria can't think straight because of her nonstop worrying for her son. He has sent three goblins to follow prince Yifan and get Zitao back, and let one goblin to replace Zitao to save joonmyun.


“I will surely gonna punch that child of yours,” Queen Victoria threaten with a sniff.




“Of course honey, of course,” King Zoumi half agree with a sigh. Caresing his wife’ shoulder to comfort her. His beloved wife started crying again the moment she remember how clumsy Zitao is.



“What if he accidentally kill himself!? Because of his clumsiness! He can't kill himself yet, he doesn't have a boyfriend yet!!!” Queen Victoria wail.








“He-” Zitao grunt, “Hey,” a hand poke him to his side, “Hey,” with still closed eyes, Zitao slap the hand that was now shaking him. For a moment it was quite and the poking and shaking has stopped, he smiled a little and was about to continue sleeping but when the loud, “wake up!!” snap him. He was up in a matter of second with a speed of light.


In a sitting position, Zitao look up to see prince Yifan glaring down at him with a horse by his side, ready to go. Zitao gulp, he slowly stand up and pat the dusk on his cloak awkwardly, “Sorry, I-I sleep a lot.” He reason.



Prince Yifan scoff at him and start walking, leaving Zitao to panic a little. He pat himself quickly, then stride to prince Yifan’s back, “So, umm...aren't we gonna eat first?” He asks.


Prince Yifan glances at him through his shoulder. “We don't have food, remember,” He reminded, “all the food are at the wagon, and I only have one bottle of water here.”


“Oh....” Zitao drop.


Yifan snatch a second glance at prince Zitao, but this time a bit longer, “Are you already hungry? He asks, his tone was blank.


“ well..just-just a little.” Zitao said shyly.



“Hmm.” Yifan hums thoughtfully.






They’ve been walking for hours now, and Zitao is starting to be worry at the other prince. Since morning, Prince Yifan has been try

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter