Chapter IV

If You and Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"My name is Taehyung. Kim Taehyung. Your junior from Seoul High School." Taehyung introduces himself. He stretched out his hand for a handshake after introducing himself. 

Jiyeon, as always, being that naive girl, shook his hand despite not remembering who he was.

All she could think at the time was his handsome face and went into her little la la land. 

His name didn't ring a bell in her ears. For some reason, his eyes seem familiar to her.

 

"Taehyung-shi, I'm sorry, but with no disrespect, can you remind me who you are again, and perhaps how we met? You see, I have gotten old, so I'm starting to forget some people." Jiyeon shyly rubbed the back of her neck and chuckled a little at her statement. 

Taehyung chuckled a little as well. He knew that this was coming. He was gladly willing to remind her how they met. It was one of the best moments in his life. 

 

"Of course. It's normal for you not to remember me, so no need to be sorry." Taehyung tried to ease her up a bit.

"We met at the freshmen orientation when you were a junior. It was in the music room. And that was the only time we have met." Taehyung reminded her. 

Although it was the only time that they have interacted, Taehyung did everything to see her from afar.

 

Every chance that he gets, he came to see her from afar. He tried his best at school, worked at several part-time jobs to earn his own money, and stopped all his bad habits. He did all of that for her without being told to do so. He wanted to change just for her. Being born with a silver spoon in his mouth, many people that knew him were surprised to see his 180º change.

Although the changes were drastic, he likes the new him. He wanted to show Jiyeon how much he has changed and tell how that he's willing to change everything about him just for her. 

 

"In the music room during freshmen orientation...." Jiyeon mumbles to herself as she tried to recall the past. 

After a long pause, something popped in her head.

"Ohhh... I remembered now. Wow, you have changed so much. I almost couldn't recognize you because you didn't have your eyeliner and your orange hair."- Jiyeon lowers her voice as she said the last sentence. 

 

Taehyung was a bit taken back at her statement. He was surprised she remembered such things about him.

Nevertheless, he was glad she remembered him.

"Haha.. (nervous laugh). You remembered that" Taehyung replied quietly. 

Although it was quite, Jiyeon heard it. She thought that it sounded not right, so she tried to explain herself.

 

"I mean, it's not a bad thing. You look great then, but you look even better." Jiyeon laughs awkwardly to clear the air.

"Noona has changed a lot too. Your hair got longer. You've also lost a lot of weight, you've become so skinny, you should eat more. Nevertheless, you look great." Taehyung complimented her.

"Thank you. And yes, I have lost tons of weight. It's probably from all the stress, but I'll try to eat more." Jiyeon replied.

 

"By the way, I didn't see you at all after that. I heard you moved away. Did something happened?" Jiyeon changed the subject.

"You noticed..." Taehyung said under his breath. He was glad that Jiyeon hasn't forgotten about him after all this time.

Jiyeon, on the other hand, saw his lips moved, but couldn't hear it.

"I'm sorry, but did you say something. I didn't quite catch that." Jiyeon asked what he said.

"Oh... I had to move because of my dad's business. And we just came back a couple of weeks ago." Taehyung lied. 

 

He just got here early this morning and rushed to see her. He did not get a wink of sleep last night because he was nervous yet excited to see her.

For the first time in two years, he will get to see her face to face and talk to her. 

Who in the right mind would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter