Chapter III

If You and Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

2 Years ago....

 

"Jiyeon-ah, can you help me with freshmen orientation? The principle told me that there is not enough people to guide for the upcoming freshmen." Luna, president of the student council, rushed towards Jiyeon for help.

 

Although Jiyeon was not interested in such work, she was unable to reject Luna due to her being Jiyeon's long-time friend. Jiyeon knew that if she takes this task, she will have to talk in front of a group of people, which she is very uncomfortable doing that.

Growing up under the eyes of everyone, she started to developed stage fright, and her friends wouldn't believe it because she was always loud and talkative. She was worried about how people would see her, such as her looks, the way she talks, what she said.

 

"Alright, I'll try my best," Jiyeon replied despite knowing that she would have to face her fear, she was still willing to help her friend.

For several days Jiyeon rehearsed well for the upcoming orientation. She memorized the outline of the event and prepared for what she might need to say. 

 

♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦•♦

 

On the day of the orientation, Jiyeon's stage fright was getting in her way. She was nervous and scared. She felt as if her practices went down to drain. Everything that she prepared for was starting to scatter inside her head. So, to ease her nervousness, she went out to take a short stroll before everything begins.

 

Due to overthinking, Jiyeon went with wherever her legs take her. After some minutes, she somehow ended up in the music hall. The array of the sun shining at the end of the path caught her attention and decided to follow it.

 

When she got there, she entered the room and saw a violin there. From the long summer break, Jiyeon hasn't touched her violin, so she was missing the joy of playing the violin. Without knowing, she grabbed the violin and started playing 'River Flows in You' wholeheartedly. Her favorite song. The song somehow calmed her. When she finished playing, she heard a voice.

 

"Where did you learned this song?" The voice asked.

"By myself," she replied politely thinking it might be the janitor because of its low and husky tone.

The owner of the voice stood up and Jiyeon was shocked to learned that it was actually a young man. 

"Who are you and what are you doing in here?" Jiyeon asked.

"I'm sorry. I got lost and I just sat here to take a rest." The voice owner explained to her why he's here.

 

"Oh... and my name is Taehyung. Kim Taehyung. I'm here for the freshmen orientation. What about you?" Taehyung asked Jiyeon.

"I'm Jiyeon. I'll be junior when school starts, so your sunbae." Jiyeon introduced herself. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked her.

"I'm like a tour guide for the freshmen. But I was a bit too nervous, so I went on a stroll and ended up here." She explained.

 

"I see...(a short silence) You see, it's ok to be nervous and scared sometimes, but don't let it control you. As long as you do your best and show sincerity, no one will judge you." He looked at her straight in the eyes to ease her up. Jiyeon also looked at him for a while and, silenced followed.

 

After a short 'staring contest,' Jiyeon chuckled a little and broke the silence.

"(a cute chuckle)... Do you know what's funny? (a short silence) Hearing something like this from a person who just came out of middle school." She started laughing out loud after her own statement. The boy too started laughing with Jiyeon while there was a funny feeling running in his stomach.

 

"Thank you for trying to cheer me up." Jiyeon thank him for lighening her up. Through his words, she gain strenght and confidence. 

"Anyways, (Jiyeon checked her watch) I think it's time to go back. I will take you back." Jiyeon quickly stood up and offered Taehyung a hand to help him up. 

Taehyung gladly took her hand and followed her hand in hand. When they arrive at the entrance, Jiyeon let go of his hand awkwardly.

 

"We're here. You have to be inside now before it's too late. The staff will be talking about the school and plans for the upcoming school year. Then, the student body has games for all of you guys to play. After that, they will assign you your tour guide." Jiyeon explained to him the layouts for the events.

 

"Alright," Taehyung shyly looked down and a short silence followed.

"Ok then, I'll see you around Taehyung-ah" Jiyeon started to walk away from him.

Just as she was about to walk away, Taehyung grabbed hand her quickly.

 

"Jiyeon-shii, don't forget my words. Do it with your heart, and no one will judge you. And if they do, I will be right behind you and supporting you." Taehyung sincerely looked at her and smiled. 

"I'll be going now." Taehyung let go of her and walked away without giving Jiyeon a chance to reply.

 

Jiyeon was shocked by the sudden pull, and his words were somehow so soothing in her ears. Since young, no stranger has ever done things like this for her. Being that 'average' girl with a history of body shaming, Jiyeon's confidence level hit to the bottom. So, to stay out of everyone's mouth, she tried her best to be as ordinary as possible.

But Taehyung was different. He was like a savior that came into her life. She was glad she met him. She secretly thank him in her heart as she looked at the figure who was walking away from her. Thank you, Taehyung-ah. Thank you.

 

 

Taehyung's P.O.V

 

I came to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter