Home

Home

"You're home," Yuna casually says and turns her head back around to face the television. 

"You're home so early? What happened to your classes?" Seokmin freezes in his actions, stunned.

"My professor has been really sick so a relief one came in but she isn't of any good so I figured I'll just study by myself," Yuna answers nonchalantly.

"Your mood isn't very good," Seokmin mumbles as he places his bag down and locks the door. Hearing no response from his wife, he walks over and slowly places his arms around Yuna from behind the couch that Yuna has never moved an inch away from for the past ten minutes.

"Eesh I'm showered-" Yuna squirms a little as she laments, only to be interrupted by a quick peck on her lips.

Seokmin laughs a little after that, his arms still secured around Yuna, while Yuna's frown turns upside down into a tiny smile. 

"What's wrong?" Seokmin asks next, concerned. When Yuna doesn't answer, he attempts to guess, "Feeling lonely?"

Yuna looks down and bites on her lower lip. "I guess so," she mumbles. 

Seokmin narrows his eyes a little before saying, "Well, I'm back home," he grins.

Yuna turns to see his wide smile and uncontrollably laughs. "Yes. Welcome home," she softly says.

"I love coming home to see my wife," Seokmin cheekily adds with the same bright grin on his face.

Yuna wrinkles her nose a little, "Cheesy."

Seokmin merely laughs as a reply. "I love being at home with you!" he exclaims and cuddles her even more tightly.

Yuna can only giggle with her eyes shut, feeling her heart flutter at Seokmin's actions. "Yahh, how long are you going to stand there and bend your back like that for?" she asks next, embarrassed.

"Until you ask me to sit?" he throws a playful answer.

"Lee Seokmin, stop acting like a child," Yuna chides and rolls her eyes. "Just come over and sit, it's your home too," she adds with a sigh.

"Ah our Yuna is really having a bad day," he lightly chuckles and releases Yuna before walking over to sit on the couch beside Yuna. Seokmin automatically places a hand on Yuna's and holds it in his.

He mindlessly fiddles with the ring on Yuna's fourth finger. "How does it feel like wearing the ring to college?" Seokmin asks.

"You're asking this now?" Yuna turns to Seokmin with wide eyes. 

"Well, I've never asked you about it right?" Seokmin shifts in the couch and intertwine his fingers with Yuna's. 

"Well, it's been ages, my friends don't talk about it that much anymore, and nobody else has really noticed," Yuna nonchalantly replies, her eyes on the television screen. 

"Boys probably do but they don't ask," Seokmin adds and the both of them chuckle. "Well it's easy to keep you by my side then," he grins. 

"Possessive," Yuna curtly says and rolls her eyes. 

"You're my wife!" Seokmin breaks into an unexpected fuss that startles Yuna a little (who is but already used to this), "I have every right to be possessive," he huffs. 

Yuna bursts out laughing. "In my defense, you were like that ever since the start."

"If I weren't, maybe we won't be married now," Seokmin casually responds. 

"Why did you choose to marry me so early though?" Yuna lets the question slip off . 

"What, are you regretting it now?" Seokmin turns to look at her with stunned eyes. 

Yuna laughs a little, "I've always been curious but I never got to ask." 

Seokmin blinks at her without an answer. 

"I mean, you asked even before going to military service, were you even considering?" Yuna chuckles with another question. "Okay but at least we planned it out to only get married after you're done with it-"

"I mean when you choose a person as your lover your ultimate goal is to live your life with that person forever right? And since we've been dating for so long and then we're adults already so we might as well tie the knot, no point waiting," Seokmin candidly answers. "Also, I did think ahead but the question," he emphasises on his words, "the question if you wanted to marry me or not was very important."

"Okay," Yuna's heart somehow flutters at his words as she flashes a blissful smile. "I don't get how you could make a choice so early in life though," Yuna mumbles, still curious. 

"You're perfect, obviously you're the woman I want to marry," Seokmin confidently replies. 

"Okay, but I'm still a girl at 22 alright?" Yuna answers jokingly and they both laugh.

"You're turning 23 in a month," Seokmin replies to which Yuna lightly smacks him in return. "Why did you choose to marry me so early though?" Seokmin throws the question back at the girl. 

"Because you asked?" Yuna answers and laughs. 

"Seriously?" Seokmin raises an eyebrow at Yuna's easy answer. 

Yuna laughs even more before answering again, "I saw no reason to reject," she smiles, "like you said, if we truly know that it's the person whom you want to live and grow old with, there's no point waiting."

Seokmin smiles at the satisfactory answer, and leans in for a quick peck on her cheek. 

Yuna lets her eyelids flutter as a reaction. "The past three months ever since we got married told me that it was never wrong to say yes," she softly says, her heart overcomed by bliss and warmth. 

"Saranghae," Seokmin smiles and pulls her into his arms, pressing a long kiss on her forehead against her bangs. 

"Nado," Yuna whispers with a wide smile. 

 

author's notes:

i finally get to finish this!! thank you for anticipating hehe