Jimin x reader | Nothing Lasts |

BTS x Reader

Trigger warning
Hi everyone, Hayley here. I just thought I would add this x reader in. It does have some mentions of depression and suicide so if that's not your kind of thing please don't read. Well I hope you enjoy and remember to comment :)


"I'll be fine, I've got a place to stay and it’s not like we will never see each other is it" You tried to explain to your best friend, you had been staying at hers for a while with no explanation but that didn't bother her, the only thing that did bother her was that you were leaving but you knew when you had overstayed your welcome.
"Are you sure you've got somewhere to stay, you don't have to leave" She was clinging onto your arm as you began to walk away from her house
"I'm sure, I wouldn't be leaving if I didn't. Anyway I will see you in school in two days so it’s not that long of a time is it" You put on that fake smile and continued walking without her clung onto your arm
"Ok, Bye, be safe" she called and you waved back before turning the corner leaving.


The truth was you had been suffering from depression since you were 14 but never got any treatment for it, it wasn't like your parents ever cared all they cared about were the constant arguments about divorce and they finally did after you turned 16. After a divorce the first month is usually the worst but for you it wasn't. You worked a job in a well-known café in Seoul city center near enough to school and not far away from where you now lived.

In a cheap motel a few blocks away.

After a month your mum turned to drinking, she worked during the day but as soon as she was home the constant clattering of an empty glass bottle didn't stop until the early hours of the morning. Your dad, well he was something else, as soon as your parents split he had a girlfriend. She was different every few weeks and you couldn't stay with him or your mum so you moved into your friend’s house.


Your depression had only gotten worse and having little to no money to spend on food because it was all going on your cheap hotel. Your depression only got worse and having no tablets to take there was nothing to help. You started to write down things that had happened to you, eventually turning it into a story but you still hadn't finished it.


There was one person you liked and his name was Jimin, he was in your year and you only hoped he liked you to.
"Right that's class over see you all tomorrow" your teacher spoke up after the bell rang and all the students including yourself flew out the room. As you began walking down the halls you felt a tap on your shoulder and turned around. It was Jimin.


"Hi (y/n), I wanted to uhm ask you if you would like to go out with me" you had agreed to go out with him and your one date gradually became multiple before you got together. You thought if you had someone who loved you it would make it all go away, but it didn't, it all became worse. There was nothing in life for you anymore so you finished writing your book and took it to a publisher. It got accepted first time round so you worked on it before it got published and released to the world.
You wanted to add a piece of you to the world before you left it.


2 months after the book published you began doing signings and appeared on a show 'Happy together’, you were invited on and the episode was dedicated to rookies in music, fashion and writing.
"So (y/n), is everything you write about in your book true" Jae Suk asked you
"Well that's for me to know and everyone else to find out" your book was your story, in the end of the book, it was were you left the world, were you committed suicide.
"You were amazing today (y/n), you are a poplar new author in Korea now, I didn't know you had it in you" Jimin said as he hugged you and kissed you on your lips. You had moved in with him a few months after you had started your relationship. You told him about your parents, he knew everything about you, you felt bad because you knew you had to leave, for your benefit and no one could stop you.


Hi Jimin
it’s my final goodbye, I'm sorry I had to do this but it was the only way, it was for the best.
Just know none of this was your fault, it wasn't anyone's fault
Everything I earn from the book I want you to donate it to charity, to people who are like me and have depression but for them to hopefully get better
Lastly, I want you to follow your dream, become and idol, just know you will be amazing and I'll always be with you
Love (y/n) xx


You placed the note on the table and snuck out during the night making your way to the Hangang Bridge, were you would spend your final moments.
As you stood on the bridge you had no regrets, nothing you would change, it was all for the best. You looked down at the rushing water and closed your eyes taking a step forward no longer feeling the metal of the bridge underneath your feet.