Chapter One

Best Ex-Boyfriend SEVENTEEN MINGYU FF

As Eun Byul stood at the airport, to see her mother off, she noticed a rather tall dude standing in the distance, paying closely attention to his phone. He had jet black hair along with a black shirt that had a face with the word "Dracula" imprinted with it. She could tell he was very handsome by the way his face was structured, but his sunglasses got in the way of his eyes so she couldn't see any more.

"Eun Byul-ah." Her father said, catching her attention. "It's about time we go, hm?" He suggested. Eun Byul nodded before walked away with her father.

As she was walking away, the young lad saw the back of her, admiring how cute she looked with what he assumed was her father. 

"Mingyu. Kaja. (Let's go.)" His manager said, escorting him in the opposite direction. His phone buzzed in his hand, indicating he got a message. 

Sohee: Oppa! Are you really in Seoul? Ooh~ We can finally be together again! 

Mingyu chuckled at her excitement. Mingyu and Sohee grew close during the last couple of years. They first met when Mingyu had a photoshoot to attend and she was the lead model. Due to their celebration, they ate out together, along with each of their staff members. Mingyu noticed that she grew quite fond of him by the way she kept flirting. He didn't mind it, but he doesn't want to return her feelings.

He turned off his phone and went into the vehicle he was told to enter, the staff loading his bags. Mingyu's manager sat on the other side of the car, drinking on an alcoholic beverage. 

"Hopefully we can get you settled here, Mingyu-ah. You were lucky enough to even get the part at this age." Mingyu's manager said. 

"I see." Was all Mingyu said. 

-

"Appaji. (Father.)" Eun Byul said as she looked out the window. Her pensive thoughts always got the best of her, so it became a habit to overthink. "Do you ever think we could go back to Incheon? For a visit?" She asked.

"Are you missing your friends, Eun Byul-ah?" He asked. Eun Byul nodded as her fingers clenched onto her shirt. 

It's only been a few years since they moved, but there is not a day that goes by that she doesn't think about her friends. Sure, she's grown quite a lot in popularity at her current school, made a lot new friends as well, but she would like to see her old ones every once in a while. 

"Tell you what," Her father said, "How about we go this weekend. I'll take a break off work and we can go together, hm? Does that work?" Eun Byul's eyes lit up as she was about to jump off the car seat and into her father's lap. 

"Thank you Appa!" She showered hm with kisses but he kindly shoved her off him because he was driving on the road. "I wish Eomma (Mom) could go with us too."

Her father sighed as he remembered the thought. "I know, Eun Byul-ah. But she has work, we wouldn't want to disturb her. She works really hard."

"I know she does. I just wished she'd hangout with us like she used to." 

"I do as well." He said, her hair. 

As they arrived at their home, Eun Byul kicked off her shoes and ran to her room, crashing onto her bed. Groaning in tiredness, she buried her face into the pillows. She felt her phone buzz and she popped her head up, scurrying over to her charging mobile device. 

Jeong Kang Jun: It's been a while.

Eun Byul's face turned into shock when she saw who it was from. Jeon Kang Jun was a guy she had a crush on not too long ago, about a two years, but she was rejected last year. He ended up transferring into another school due to his sudden move. 

Her phone buzzed once more.

Jeong Kang Jun: Yah. You're not answering? Wah. It's the weekend. What could you possibly be doing right now to not answer me. 

Eun Byul laughed as she began typing. 

Han Eun Byul: Mian (Sorry). Just thinking. So, what's up?

Jeong Kang Jun: Nothing really. Just wanted to talk again. 

Eun Byul left out a chuckle.

Han Eun Byul: Me too.

Eun Byul and Kang Jun continued exchanging messages. It brought back memories on why she liked him in the first place. He was a really outstanding person, always optimistic, charismatic. He was a very nice person. He never liked it when someone ate alone, so he'd sit next to them, becoming their friend. His looks even added to his charm. So, of course he'd be liked by many girls. There no doubt that he's popular in his new school, probably has a really pretty girlfriend. 

"Eun Byul-ah!" Her father yelled from downstairs. "I'm off to work, Arasseo? (Okay?) Be safe!" He yelled and left the house. Her father worked as a mechanic nearby, but he wouldn't come home until midnight.

Eun Byul opened her window and waved him goodbye, blowing kisses to him as he blushed at his daughter's actions. It embarrassed him but he secretly loved it. "Be safe." She smiled. 

-

As fast as the weekend, it passed. It was once another school day at Seoul Arts Academy and of course, Eun Byul groaned since it was a Monday morning. She hated Mondays. "Appa~~~~~ Shireo~ (I don't want to~)." She pleaded under her sheets. 

"Eun Byul-ah. Come on. You'll be late for school." Her father insisted. She kept latching herself to her bed and every time her father miraculously tore her grip, she'd end up on the bed again somehow. Skills.

"Aish this kid!" He yelled in frustration, letting go of her. "Either you go to school or you can forget about head to Incheon and seeing your friends." He threatened. Eun Byul widened her eyes and shot up from the bed, making her way to the bathroom, then to the closet. 

Adding a few touches of makeup, then tying her hair up, she'd headed out the house and walked to the bus stop.

Meanwhile, Mingyu just entered his car, the chauffeur driving to his school. The car came to a red light which was right in front of a bus stop. Mingyu drew his attention to the outside world, and saw a girl running to the bus stop, sighing heavily as she plopped onto the given seat. Mingyu chuckled and returned to his phone. Mingyu widened his eyes and turned back to looked at her, but the bus was in the way of his view. 

"Am I seeing things?" He asked himself, "I must be." 

After arriving at the school property, Mingyu stayed in the car, refusing to step foot outside. "Mingyu-ah," his manager directed, "Lets just try it for two weeks, hm? If you don't like it, then we'll transfer but for right now we need you to attend school."

Mingyu hated the idea of transferring schools all the time. He made many new friends but ended having to leave them behind. It was a sacrifice he had to make in order to keep his career. 

Mingyu clicked his tongue and stuffed his phone into his pocket, opening the door and stepped out of the vehicle. He shut it close with some force and walked to the main doors. As soon as he stepped inside the building, whispers were immediately heard. 

He drew his attention to different groups of girls, finally choosing one near him. He laughed internally when he heard them say, "Sh! He's coming here! Act natural!" [Honestly, this is me like no lie 🙄]. 

"Excuse me, can you show me where the office is at?" The girls dawned over he looks and pointed at the door not too far down. He smiled and took the girl's hand, bowing his head. "Thanks." 

As he entered the room, he walked to the closest person near him."I'm looking for my teacher and room." He said as he gagged internally. 

The woman stood up with petite body, piercing him with a glare. "Have you no manners? Do you think you can just walk in here, demanding orders? This is no drama, student."

Mingyu sighed and lowered his head, trying to hold back his patience. He smiled and looked back at her, her face with the same expression. "I don't think you know who I am." He smiled.
"I'm Kim Min Gyu, the actor/model."

"Look, Student, do you think you're the only celebrity that goes here? Think again. I—"

"Mrs. Son! What are you doing???" Another teacher barged in, grabbing onto her shoulders. "This is Kim Min Gyu!!!! Let's treat him with hospitality, hm?" 

"Mr.—"

"Ah Ah Ah!" He shushed, bringing his finger to her lips, "Enough of this, let's just get Mr. Kim to his class."

Mingyu was assigned to class 3-2. He waited outside the door until he was told to enter. He walked inside, standing in front of the whole class, showing a sweet smile. "Annyeong-haseyo! Nae ireumeun, Mingyu-ibnida! (Hello, My name is Kim Mingyu!) Please take care of me." He bowed. The girls drooled while some of the guys just seemed amused, well those who weren't sleeping.

"Mingyu-ssi, sit in the back." His teacher, Mr. Choi, instructed. Mingyu nodded and walked over to the back of the class, confused since there were two seats. "Ah! The very last one, Mingyu-ssi. Someone sits there but I think she's running late." He laughed. 

Mingyu sat at the last desk,  immediately laying his head down. He sat in between one girl and one boy. They didn't seem too interested in him, because they were good-looking themselves. 

"I'm here!!!!" He heard. Mingyu already hated how loud the person was when, assuming it was a girl, yelling was the first thing she did when she entered class. 

"Ah, What's your excuse this time, Eun Byul-ssi?" Mr. Choi asked. Mingyu'a eye shot open, looking to see who he addressed that name. Mingyu's eyes widened when he saw the girl in front of the class. 

"Aha, Mianhe (Sorry)." She smiled, scratching the back of her head. "I woke up late and there was a lot of traffic—" Eun Byul's eyes met the new transfer student's, heart immediately racing. 

"Ah, that's right, since you weren't here to see his introductory, I'll introduce you two. Han Eun Byul, meet Kim Min Gyu. Be nice to each other, Arasseo?" 

Mingyu smiled, mouthing, "It's been a while." 

 

~~~~~~~~~~
170208

Hey Everyone! It's been a while! I thought it was time to publish my first chapter here so I hope you enjoyed reading it!